Bringing 3x the Aggression with Lecheek's Speed X3

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The guys at Lecheek were nice enough to give me the opportunity to do a log for their Speed X3 preworkout supplement. I've probably tried around 15-20 differen't PWOs now so I have a good idea of what I like. I'm more of a nootropics guy than a pump guy. So I think I'm gonna like Speed X3. When it comes to stimulant tolerance I'm about average. For this log, I'll lifting 3x a week and doing triathlon training 6x a week. I'll post for each lift day and 1 or 2 other cardio days a week. I read some reviews of Speed X3 and they said to take it easy on the first few doses. Today was a swim + bi/tri day over lunch and I hadn't eaten anything for 4 hours. So to start off, I took half a scoop 30 min pre swim and loaded up a water bottle with another half scoop and Purple Wraath to sip during my swim. I was already pretty antsy to get my workout going so I didn't feel the half scoop kick in right away. I definitely felt the tingles about 15 minutes after taking it. However during my swim, I really got dialed in. I felt like nothing could stop me. Endurance was awesome. My last set was just as strong as my first one. It lasted 35 minutes. By the end of it, I had finished my 16 oz water bottle and was definitely feeling a little jittery with a full serving in me. Ten minutes later and after eating a little fruit, I was absolutely killing my lift. I felt limitless. More Purple Wraath intraworkout. Here's how the 40 minute lift went.

4X wide grip BB curl 110 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x reverse EZ curl bar 85 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x DB overhead tri press 85 lbs, 6-9 reps
4x cable tri pressdown 170 lbs, 7-9 reps
2x cable D handle curls 35 lbs 12-17 reps
SS cable tri kickbacks 17 lbs 12-17 reps NO REST

Again, felt limitless during the lift. It was as if I hadn't even gone for a swim. I was going until failure each set and recovery was outstanding. I was ready for the next set with only 45-75 sec rest. All in all, great first experience with Speed X3. I don't think I'll ever need more than 1 scoop knowing my body. I am still a little jittery 1 hour post workout, zero crash so far. For my straight cardio sessions, I think I'll only need half a scoop, longer cardio workouts I may sip on another half scoop or something else with a little caffeine. I don't want my heart to be pounding before I go for a run/bike/swim. Half scoop seemed perfect for my swim today. If there is anything noteworthy about the rest of my day, I'll post again.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are my current stats.

180 lbs
9% bf

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was a lactic threshold workout, super intense. 110 min bike including a 15 min warmup and some long, hard intervals. This was followed by a 30 min run right off of the bike (15 min at goal race pace, 15 min jog). So at 7:30 am I had a 25g protein shake + banana. 8:50 half scoop Speed X3. Intraworkout on bike, I had 2/3 scoop TSN Cardio Igniter + Purple Wraath in my first water bottle and just Purple Wraath in my second water bottle. I also had 2 granola bars on the bike once I finished my first water bottle, probably should have had some more calories in me to complete this workout. The heat somewhat got to me today. It was already 80 degrees on the last half of the bike. I could feel my body warmer than usual on my warm-up from the thermogenics in Speed X3. My bike ride lasted almost 30 miles. I had a really good run and was able to keep up 7:32 min mile pace for the first 15 minutes, ran 3.4 miles all together. With my workout being intense and the high temperatures, I really didn't feel the nootropics come through. And I think the "kick" in Speed X3 was a little too much for my body to handle on a workout like today. So I won't be using it preworkout for a long hard cardio day any more. I may put half a scoop in my water bottle intraworkout for longer workouts so it doesn't hit me all at once. I definitely know I wouldn't want to take this before a competition. So the performance was there today, however my body just seemed overstimulated.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I dont take it for cardio myself. If I did it would be something like a half scoop.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personally I dont take it for cardio myself. If I did it would be something like a half scoop.
Yeah, heart seemed to be pounding a little too hard.

But that half a scoop seemed great for my medium intensity swim on Monday.

FYI, I'm doing a race this weekend. So I'm taking it easy the next two days and will be back posting on Monday.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, heart seemed to be pounding a little too hard.

But that half a scoop seemed great for my medium intensity swim on Monday.

FYI, I'm doing a race this weekend. So I'm taking it easy the next two days and will be back posting on Monday.
Good luck with your race.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In to follow along! I tried a speed x3 sample this morning! I really liked it as well! :) Good luck on your race!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I ate like dookie last night, pizza and was forced to eat our guests' dessert, so this morning I woke up on 6.5 hours sleep and lifted shoulders/abs fasted. 6:40 I had a full scoop of Speed X3. I felt it kick fairly fast, within 10 minutes. Definitely got jittery. I was writing a work email and couldn't even focus on it because I was jittery and had music in my ears. I mixed it in 8 oz of water, very bland. It left somewhat of a mediciney taste in my mouth. It mixed fine. I added little more Beta Alanine and a 1g Taurine. A full scoop gave me a slap in the face of energy, nothing clean/smooth about. I couldn't even fathom what 2 scoops would do, my heart my beat out of my chest. Almost 6 hours later and I still feel stimulated. At 7:10 I started my warmup, and right about that time a warm feeling came over me. I didn't necessarily like it. I didn't need much of a warmup, I wanted to get on with the workout. Here's how it went:

4x BB shoulder press 145 lbs, 6-9 reps
4x BB shrugs 290 lbs, 8-12 reps
3x DB front raises 40 lbs, 10-12 reps
3x DB reverse flys 25 lbs, 11-13 reps
SS DB lateral raises 25 lbs, 9-10 reps
3x Ab wheel 10-12 reps
SS mountain climbers 1 min
SS feet on swiss ball in-and-outs 9-11 reps
SS run in place 1 min
SS swiss ball oblique crunches 32-36 reps
SS body weight lunges 1 min......30 sec water break, repeat

The workout lasted 65 minutes. I had a ridiculously amount of energy the whole time, probably a little too much. I think I may be a little sensitive to the yohimbe, not sure. I was sweating more than usual. My heart seemed to be pounding a little harder than normal. One of these times I may put my heart rate monitor to see what it's doing. Next time I may do half a scoop plus an extra 50-80 mg of caffeine. I don't think I need a full scoop. Normally I need 8 hours of sleep to feel good but I have plenty of energy on 6.5 hours of sleep with one scoop and it's mid-afternoon now. I did experience enhanced focus but it was like I couldn't take full advantage of it because of how much energy I had. I'm not experiencing any above average pumps. I'll reiterate that I would NOT want to do lots of intense cardio on this especially outside in the heat.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FYI, the rest of the day yesterday I felt a little on edge. So one scoop is definitely too much for me. I was able to sleep perfectly fine. This morning preworkout, I had 1 Controlled Labs Red Acid Reborn capsule + 100 mg caffeine. I had the energy I needed without my heart pounding like yesterday, granted there are no muscle building or extra focus properties. I wanted to compare it to another thermogenic without yohimbe.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow!! That's crazy! Is this your first stim with yohimbe or are you just slightly sensitive! That's good though- it will last you longer that way! ;)

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a container of Jack3d Advanced last year, which has yohimbe and experienced similar effects. So maybe it is the yohimbe. I haven't researched each ingredient in Speed X3 but yohimbe would be the only ingredient in Jack3d that would do this to me I think.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had a container of Jack3d Advanced last year, which has yohimbe and experienced similar effects. So maybe it is the yohimbe. I haven't researched each ingredient in Speed X3 but yohimbe would be the only ingredient in Jack3d that would do this to me I think.
Yeah I don't know the full profile of each either but I have taken too much yohimbe before and had similar side effects! Definitely made me antsy/jittery!

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FYI, the rest of the day yesterday I felt a little on edge. So one scoop is definitely too much for me. I was able to sleep perfectly fine. This morning preworkout, I had 1 Controlled Labs Red Acid Reborn capsule + 100 mg caffeine. I had the energy I needed without my heart pounding like yesterday, granted there are no muscle building or extra focus properties. I wanted to compare it to another thermogenic without yohimbe.
It is a powerfull product. I have seem people use a half scoop with this and not go above that.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is a powerfull product. I have seem people use a half scoop with this and not go above that.
Thanks for the info. I'll stick with a half scoop for a while and if I feel I need something more, I'll just add in some more caffeine. I have a ton of energy powder sticks with just caffeine and taurine in them.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great frickin lift today. It was a mid-morning lift today - bis/tris/abs + HIIT cardio. I had a 30g whey shake + orange at 7:00am, half scoop Speed X3 at 8:35am. With only a half serving I did not experience in Beta-Alanine tingles. I'll have to supplement with a little more. The energy rush did not come on quite as quick today. That was a good thing because I took it at the start of a conference call and the call ran long. So I didn't start my workout until 9:20 and by then Speed X3 had taken full grip of me! I was hoping to get started by 9:00. I did not experience a warm sensation this time on only half a scoop, but there was definitely a greater than average sweat 10 minutes into my workout. Once I started working out, it was like someone hit the fast forward button on me and I was going a mile a minute. The focus was definitely there, really intense. Most of the time I wasn't even aware of the music blaring in my ear because I was so in tune with my exercises. The mind muscle connection was full on. Intraworkout I sipped on Purple Wraath plus another 50 mg caffeine since I was doing cardio too. I don't think I would have needed that extra caffeine. Here was today's workout:

4X wide grip BB curl 110 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x reverse EZ curl bar 85 lbs, 7-9 reps
10x cable D handle curls 27-43 lbs 8-11 reps, started a set once a minute
4x DB overhead tri press 85 lbs, 5-9 reps
4x cable tri pressdown 181 lbs, 8-11 reps
SS 1 minute jump rope, minimal rest
4x cable tri kickbacks 17-23 lbs 8-11 reps, minimal rest while alternating arms
3x Hanging knees raises with twist, 22-24 reps
SS Kneeling rope cable crunch 150 lbs, 15 reps

Where I did standard 4 sets, I kept rest to 45-90 seconds. Recovering was great between sets after reaching muscle failure. I was always ready for the next set. Arms definitely blew up during this workout but I didn't experience extreme pumps like with other PWOs on arm days. The workout lasted almost an hour and I had zero mental fatigue. My stationary bike HIIT cardio lasted 28 minutes and included 11x 1 min stand up and pedal hard, 1 min easy pedal. I was really sweating by this time. Again, I was able to attack each interval with aggression. After almost 90 min of working out, I could tell that my body had had enough and that it was time to EAT! It was almost 11am and I hadn't eaten since 7. I still felt plenty stimulated post-workout. It's mid-afternoon and I still feel plenty stimulated. Again I wouldn't call my energy today clean or smooth. I was still a little jittery, everything felt fast paced hence the name Speed X3. I may still slightly feel my harder going harder than normal but nothing like when I had a full scoop, definitely sticking with half a scoop.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow!! Killer session!!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5 mile fasted steady state run this morning on one Controlled Labs Red Acid Reborn capsule + a little USPlabs Modern BCAA+ - averaged 9:10 min miles. Swimming at lunch on half a scoop Speed X3, hoping I feel as good as my last swim on half a scoop. Let's get it!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great swim today. So at 9:00am I had a 3 egg/cheese/veggie omelet. 11:15 starting sipping on half scoop Speed X3, half gram Beta-Alanine, one gram taurine. Finished it at 11:40, felt the tingles a little. I hit the pool at 12:10. I had a good energy rush by then. No warm sensation. No extra sweating since I was in the pool. Intraworkout I sipped on the remaining USPlabs Modern BCAA+ serving from this morning. I really enjoy the focus of Speed X3 for swimming. Swimming can suck for me sometimes and Speed X3 really enhances the experience. It helps me think about every stroke. Swimming isn't like running, it's very technical, your hand has to follow the correct path through the water. At first I seemed a little more out of breath than usual. I'm not sure if I was pushing myself harder and just didn't realize it or if the Speed X3 had something to do with it. About 1/3 through the workout, I settled into it. Nothing too intense, focused on strong pulls through the water, really contracting the lats. You probably don't care but here was the workout:

500 warmup
2x 250 swim
2x 250 swim with pull buoy
2x 250 swim with pull buoy and paddles
30-45 sec between all sets
2000 yards total, 39 min

I was a little jittery after the workout. 3.5 hours later, I feel fine.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Oh jeez lol you in here doin a half scoop and I started with two in my log! Half a scoop would last so long! Wish my stimulus tolerance was lower

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh jeez lol you in here doin a half scoop and I started with two in my log! Half a scoop would last so long! Wish my stimulus tolerance was lower
Yeah I think I'm pretty sensitive yohimbe. It seems like a couple other supps with yohimbe made my heart really thump, but I still need to research all of the ingredients in Speed X3. Im fine with max doses of some PWOs.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just now getting to the computer from yesterday's workout.....

Half scoop Speed X3 + 30mg caffeine, 1g taurine, 1/2g beta alanine at 6:30. 35g whey shake at 6:50. Started shoulder/ab workout at 7:15. This seemed to be about the right amount of the stimulation for me at this point. Plenty of energy to start off the workout although I was still a little jittery. I really didn't "get into" my workout until about halfway through. I think part of it is my exercise selection. I did this workout at home and am doing BB shoulder press with no back to press against, and it's awkward how I get the bar to my starting point and after I finish. Anyways, I went up in almost everything today. Here it was:

4x BB shoulder press 145 lbs, 7-10 reps
1 Burnout set, 40 lb dumbbells, 9 reps
4x BB shrugs 295 lbs, 8-10 reps
1 Burnout set, 50 lb dumbbells, 20 reps
3x DB front raises 40 lbs, 11-13 reps
3x DB reverse flys 25 lbs, 11-13 reps
SS DB lateral raises 25 lbs, 9-10 reps
Finisher - Strength band shoulder press with drop set
3x Ab wheel 10-12 reps
SS mountain climbers 1 min
SS feet on swiss ball in-and-outs 9-11 reps
SS jump rope 1 min
SS swiss ball oblique crunches 40-36 reps
SS run in place 1 min......20 sec water break, repeat

I was really sweating for the ab portion, nothing uncomfortable though and was really pushing the limit as far as heart rate. The workout lasted 60 min. I still had plenty of energy, little jittery at the end. I don't think I'll ever get that clean energy feel from Speed X3, not that you're supposed to. I came down off of my energy high the rest of the morning. No ill side effects.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest/Back + HIIT cardio workout today. After sleeping almost 8 hours, at 5:50 half scoop Speed X3, half gram Beta-Alanine, 1g Taurine. 6:10 35g Whey shake, started to feel BA tingles then plus energy kick in. I was slapped in the face with energy when my workout started at 6:35. Here's how it went:

4x Incline Bench 205 lbs, 6-9 reps
SS Reverse grip Hammer Strength High Row 180 lbs, 8-9 reps
4X DB bench 90 lbs, 6-9 reps
4x Seated cable row all of the weight for this machine, 13-15 reps
SS 1 min Jump rope minimal rest
4x Free Motion wide lat pull down 60 lbs, 8-10 reps
SS High cable flys (same machine, same positioning) 40 lbs, 8-9 reps minimal rest
Finisher 2x Wide grip BB row 95 lbs, 13-15 reps + burnout pushups minimal rest

28 minutes HIIT stationary bike including 11x 1 min stand up and pedal hard, 1 min easy pedal

Intraworkout during weights I sipped on CL Purple Wraath + 50mg caffeine, Intraworkout during HIIT CL Purple Wraath. Weights lasted 50 minutes. I'm still not getting that euphoria feeling that I've experienced with other PWOs, just an intense energy where I feel like someone hit the fast forward button. There's plenty of drive with Speed X3, but I'm lacking the desire and rage with it. Again I experienced a focus such that I wasn't even jamming to my music. I was sweating a little more than normal towards the end of my workout. I felt an ok pump at the end too. During the HIIT cardio, I felt like my heart was in overdrive again, really sweating. This may be one of the last times I take Speed X3 when I'm doing some kind of intense cardio. I was definitely jittery at the end of my workout. In total, workout lasted 85 minutes.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sheesh! I'm way behind on your log but it looks like you've steadily been kickin butt!!! Good job! :)

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty good workout today. I just took half scoop Speed X3 at 6:10 + .5g Beta-Alanine, 1g Taurine. 6:30 35g whey shake + mixed fruit. 6:50 started Biceps/Triceps/Abs. This workout was at my home gym so I changed it up a little.

4X wide grip BB curl 110 lbs, 7-10 reps
4x reverse EZ curl bar 90 lbs, 7-9 reps
10x strength band curls anchored behind me hitting long head 10 reps, started a set once a minute
4x Seated EZ curl bar overhead tri press 80 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x strength band tri pressdown 10-11 reps
SS 1 minute jump rope, minimal rest
3x DB tri kickbacks 30 lbs 8-9 reps, minimal rest while alternating arms
1 Burnout set - bench dips 36 reps
3x Windshield wipers, 30-34 reps
SS Kneeling strength band crunch, 11-12 reps
SS Mountain climbers, 30 sec rest

Performance was good. Sipped on Purple Wraath intraworkout. I kept all rest periods under 90 sec. Still the same jittery energy. For me, Speed X3 is still not enhancing the workout experience any - no euphoria, no rage. All in all, same effects as before. I think Speed X3 would best suit me when I'm doing pure muscle building workouts - longer rest periods, higher weights, lower rep ranges - so I don't feel like I'm running around like a crazy person. I don't seem to be building up much of a tolerance taking this 3-4x a week.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard a few other loggers state that they did not build up a tolerance either.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fairly certain it's Yohimbe that I'm highly sensitive to. Researching the other ingredients, caffeine and Synephrine HCl seem to be the other major stimulants. C4 contains both of these and I can handle two scoops of it.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't think I've had my biceps this sore two days later.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here's a short update from yesterday as this is from my phone while away for wedding. I did shoulders/abs yesterday morning, half scoop speed, 30mg caffeine, half gram BA, 1g taurine at 6am. 6:15 35 g whey shake + 1/4 cup raisins. 6:45 began workout which lasted one hour. Workout was very similar to last shoulder one only started off with front raises then shrugs then db press with 50lbs. Better mindset than b4 with the change. Hit press for 4x 11-16 reps. Pretty much did more weight or reps for everything. I had the uncomfortable over stimulated feeling for abs with cardio SS. Definitely wired through the afternoon. Traps are noticeably sore today, delts a little sore.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wouldn't recommend running six miles of nothing but hills in Georgia at noon..... could drink a whole gallon of Gatorade right now or of Lecheecks amino fusion ; )

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wouldn't recommend running six miles of nothing but hills in Georgia at noon..... could drink a whole gallon of Gatorade right now or of Lecheecks amino fusion ; )
Yikes! I bet so!!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great workout, swim/bis/tris, this morning even though I only got 7 hours of sleep. The last two weeks I focused more on weights. Now I have a triathlon in 6 weeks, so weight training will be secondary. 5:45am 1 scoop TSN cardio igniter. 6:25 hit the pool sipping on half scoop Speed X3, 1/3 scoop Purple Wraath, 23g whey. Here was the workout.

500m warmup
3x300m at race pace, 20 sec rest
2x200m at race pace, 15 sec rest
2x100m at race pace, 10 sec rest
100m cool down

It was a challenging swim workout taking about 45 min. I took 10 minutes to change, ate 1/4 cup raisins and hit the weights sipping on 2/3 scoop Purple Wraath. Here was the workout that lasted 40 minutes.

4X wide grip BB curl 115 lbs, 6-9 reps
4x reverse EZ curl bar 90 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x DB overhead tri press 85 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x cable tri pressdown 183 lbs, 7-9 reps
3x cable D handle curls 37 lbs 13-15 reps
SS cable tri kickbacks 17 lbs 16-17 reps NO REST

Rest periods were little longer, 65-100 seconds. I enjoyed the effects of Speed X3 more today. Mixing it with whey seemed to smooth out the energy for me. I was actually able to jam to my music. I felt hardly any fatigue from my swim workout. I had a really good pump going on today, probably from the massive amount of carbs I ate over the weekend. I was only planning on doing 2 sets of that last superset but I still had some extra time and was feeling really good. I'm definitely not as jittery right now, however my heart still does feel slightly overstimulated sitting here.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely killed it yesterday. Back is sore from swimming. No DOMS in biceps, but my triceps are actually really sore. I guess for me DB tricep press > EZ curl bar overhead tricep press and cable tri pressdown > strength band tri pressdown.

Already got in a 110 min 30 mile bike with 2x 15 min threshold pace intervals this morning with 8oz Red Bull + 100mg caffeine, 1g Beta-Alanine. 30 min moderate pace run at lunch. I will be sipping on some green tea + 1g Beta-Alanine, 1g Taurine soon. Always try to keep caffeine intake <= 300mg a day.

Next Speed X3 day will be Thursday.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, triceps still sore today. I could have done without that for my swim today which was the same as Monday. However, my times were better today - probably because I got more sleep this time. Killer hour run planned today at lunch including 3x1 mile at hard effort - gonna be a HOT one!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That run killed me. The first two mile intervals I was able to do around 7 min. The third mile I did in 9 min. I thought my head was going to explode from the heat. I'll be chugging water the rest of the day.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That run killed me. The first two mile intervals I was able to do around 7 min. The third mile I did in 9 min. I thought my head was going to explode from the heat. I'll be chugging water the rest of the day.
Yikes!! That's rough!! Way to push through though! I hope your head feels better quick!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I decided to beat my legs into submission today...as if I hadn't already the previous days.....

6:40am 80 min bike ride on 1 scoop TSN Cardio Igniter followed by whey shake and carbs
9:15am big egg/ham/cheese/turkey bacon sandwich +brussels sprouts + small apple
11:00am 30mg caffeine, .5g Beta-Alanine, 1g Taurine
11:20 half scoop Speed X3
11:30 easier 30 min run including 10 strides, 10 min break eating a roll of Smarties :) then 50 min of LEGS/abs

4x BB lunges 145 lbs, 8-9 reps each leg
4x standing calf raises holding a 50 lb DB, 17-20 reps
3x single leg DB stiff legged deadlift 50 lbs, 9-11 reps
3x strength band standing knee drives 10-11 reps
3x Bosu trainer DB squats 50 lbs, 19-20 reps
SS jacknifes 17-21 reps
3x Ab wheel rolling side to side hitting obliques 7 reps each side

I took the Speed X3 when I did so that it would effect me mostly for my leg workout since the run was somewhat easy. However, it wasn't as easy as I had hoped with the heat and fatigued legs. Plus I didn't want my breathing to get out of control and overheat running. I sipped on Purple Wraath intraworkout. The Speed X3 gave me plenty of drive to knock out the leg workout. No let down. However I was uncomfortably hot during my lift having not cooled off quick enough from the run. Performance was good. Still jittery. I kept the rest periods a little longer from 120 sec on lunges to 30 sec on calf raises. The longer rest periods are better for me on Speed X3 so I don't feel like a crazy person running around. I decided to add 3g creatine to my recovery shake today in hopes of not being sore for my big bike/run workout on Saturday. I don't normally take creatine while training for triathlons.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs are sore today but no where near what they could have been. However, I'll probably still be a little sore tomorrow. I may be switching out the single leg deadlifts for the less intense bosu ball hamstring curls. My lats were actually sore from those for this morning's swim, could have done without that. So here's how the this morning went. 5:50am 1 scoop TSN cardio igniter, 1g Taurine. 6:35 started the following 40 min swim workout.

500m warmup
2x300m at race pace, 20 sec rest
2x200m at race pace, 15 sec rest
2x100m at race pace, 10 sec rest
100m cool down

Same intense swim, just one less 300m interval. 1800m total. During the swim, I sipped on 6oz orange juice, 25g whey, half scoop Speed X3. It was another good swim performance wise even though I only got 7 hours sleep. I felt really good heading into my chest/back/shoulder workout. I took 10 min to change, eat 1/4 cup raisins and a jolly rancher :) Here's how the workout went which lasted 45 minutes:

4x Incline Bench 205 lbs, 7-9 reps
SS Reverse grip Hammer Strength High Row 180 lbs, 8-9 reps
3X DB bench 90 lbs, 6-9 reps
SS Seated cable row all of the weight for this machine, 14-15 reps
3x Free Motion wide lat pull down 67 lbs, 8-10 reps
SS High cable flys (same machine, same positioning) 43 lbs, 8-9 reps
3x BB Shoulder press 145 lbs, 7-9 reps
SS DB reverse flys 25 lbs, 9-11 reps
SS DB alternating side/front raises 25 lbs, 12-14 reps

The energy from Speed X3 came on nicely. Sipped on Purple Wraath intraworkout. I noticed the thermo effects after just the first SS. I was taking long rest periods 90-135 sec. So the thermo effects weren't making me uncomfortable like they have in the past. My breathing remained under control with the longer rest periods. I was pleased with the endurance I had this workout, performance was great even at the end, still felt fairly fresh. I'm sure my longer rest periods contributed to this. I had a feeling of confidence during the workout. I noticed myself jamming to my music a little more this time but not nearly as much as I sometimes do. My nutrition was on point today, normally I find myself getting hungry at some point when I don't eat before my swim. I hate eating before a swim, makes me feel sluggish/heavy. Once I got to work I noticed I was still a little jittery but I didn't have the racing feeling. I think I'll continue to mix the Speed X3 with whey when I can.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great workout today - swim/bis/tris. 8:15 big breakfast. 10:45 1 scoop TSN Cardio Igniter + 1g Taurine. 11:30 started my swim workout that lasted 40 minutes. Sipped on 24g whey, 8oz orange juice, 1/2 scoop Speed X3, 1/4 scoop Purple Wraath.

500 Warm up
4x200 with last 50 of each sprint, 30 sec rests
50 easy
4x150 with last 50 of each sprint, 20 sec rests
50 easy

2000 yards total. By the end, I was breathing fairly hard, not sure if it was from the Speed X3 or just the sprints. Performance was really good, minimal fatigue. 10 min break to change and eat 1/4 cup raisins. The following lift lasted 40 minutes.

4X wide grip BB curl 115 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x reverse EZ curl bar 95 lbs, 7-9 reps
4x DB overhead tri press 85 lbs, 8-10 reps
4x cable tri pressdown 191 lbs, 7-10 reps
2x cable D handle curls 37 lbs 13-15 reps
SS cable tri kickbacks 17 lbs 16-17 reps NO REST

I was very happy with my performance during this lift especially triceps, saw some good increases. I was taking 90 sec breaks, which may have had something to do with it. Endurance was fantastic. I didn't feel cracked out. I seem to now be reacting hitting my sweet spot with my supplementation. Although, I probably didn't need a full scoop of Cardio Igniter today. I got 8+ hours sleep. The 1 scoop got me really jacked up for my swim. I had a good pump and vascularity during the lift. I had more than enough energy to finish the workout, would have done more but life was calling. I got home and did 1.5 hours of yard with lots of energy still, felt great. I couldn't tell if I was racing postworkout because I was still moving a lot. No racing feeling right now 4 hours later.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Short intense bike/leg/ab workout yesterday. Only got 6 hours of sleep. 5:15am 110mg caffeine, 1g Beta-Alanine, 1g Taurine. 5:45 started 30 min bike ride including 7x 2.5 min all out with 75 sec rest, sipping on 8oz orange juice, 1/2 scoop Speed X3, 1/4 scoop Purple Wraath, 25g whey. 10 min break eating 1/4 cup raisins. By this time, I was feeling really good and couldn't tell I got less than optimal sleep. Here was the lift that lasted 40 minutes. I switched up the order and SS a little so it would go faster.

4x BB lunges 155 lbs, 7 reps each leg
3x strength band standing knee drives 10-11 reps
3x single leg DB stiff legged deadlift 50 lbs, 9-11 reps
4x standing calf raises holding a 50 lb DB, 18-21 reps
SS jacknifes 17-21 reps
3x Bosu trainer DB squats 50 lbs, 19-20 reps
SS 3x Ab wheel rolling side to side hitting obliques 7-8 reps each side

The only time I rested was during lunges for 90 seconds. Minimal rest the remainder of the workout switching between sides or SS. Never felt fatigued. I was just having to catch my breath a lot - I think the Speed X3 contributed to this. Heart was beating super fast too. I don't think I was able to "bang" out any more reps but I was feeling strong and confident during the workout. Even though I was rushed to get through my workout, I didn't get that racing feeling. I had a catch flight for vacation at 9:40am. I crashed on the flight. I'll probably be using Speed X3 for a couple open water endurance swims while on vacation.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fasted open water swim in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday on 1/2 scoop Speed X3.

6 min warmup
3x 9.5 min swim, 45 sec rest

39 min total. I felt really strong swimming. Focus was good. I seem to be breathing harder than normal for just an endurance swim.