Branding Direction, You DECIDE!

Which Branding Direction Should Olympus Labs Take Moving Forward!

• Greek Mythology Hardcore Branding

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Clean Professional Aesthetic with Minimalism Touch

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Both are good Options

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As Olympus Labs enters its new chapter so does its new releases which presents us the opportunity to keep the old or go with the new. So please help us, you the audience and target consumer help us decide which direction the brand should take. For those who present their rationality, we may select you as winners to receive product as participating. *Winners will be chosen at random!*

A:

B:

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I like the battle graphics, but being that it’s your present marketing strategy, and it sounds as though you’re looking to update your image, maybe pursue a new direction. I’m certainly not qualified to be giving marketing advice, but as a consumer I find the second option to be more attractive and professional.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally the top and greek look.
It's much different then a generic clean look. it makes the company stand out among others on the market as a unique presence.
My 2 cents, even though it don't mean much.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally the top and greek look.
It's much different then a generic clean look. it makes the company stand out among others on the market as a unique presence.
My 2 cents, even though it don't mean much.
this

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Keep the old. When most of us think of Olympus Labs this is what we associate the brand with. If this changes so does the conception of how the new products will perform. This is what sets this company apart from the rest. Even though it’s corny at times, it’s Olympus labs not this new cartoon version or this clean look, like everyone else.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
B, first off, I like the clear bottles. Always have. Chaos and Pain supplements and Purus Labs Noxygen come to mind as good examples of that slick look, as does the old Applied Nutriceuticals - those metallic caps in the clear bottles were sleek!

Plus the new look opens you up to a wider audience IMO. Not just teen males. Should play better with female demographic and the older crowd (which most of AM these days seems to be). Unless you're planning on producing "hardcore" supplements, the clean labels just make more sense to me. Would probably play better in big box stores too - if that is ever a goal - because it's toned down and more mainstream. Think of these two designs sitting on a Walmart or Target shelf, which one can you see in there?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the product sells the product -not the graphics...

if the product is good it will sell with crappy graphics....if the product is crappy good graphics won't sell it.

don't make the mistake of selling youngsters short, they are savvy about comparing notes, if they buy something once because of flashy graphics but find the product is crap it won't take long for word to get out--and vice versa.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the product sells the product -not the graphics...

if the product is good it will sell with crappy graphics....if the product is crappy good graphics won't sell it.

don't make the mistake of selling youngsters short, they are savvy about comparing notes, if they buy something once because of flashy graphics but find the product is crap it won't take long for word to get out--and vice versa.
Yes and no. The product is the product - always been cutting and edge and always will be, but we’re talking about audience here and how others have said B can help expand the audience with the same product, niche, and instead of hardcore almost pharmaceutically clean aesthetic. On the same note this same person hit the nail with the hardcore packaging scaring away females and the audience by not taking the product seriously because of its hardcore packaging.

please keep the feedback coming. Totally undecided just trying to point out most of you purchase for formulation and effects (retention factor) vs packaging but please help us decide as a consumer looking at the brand for the first time and as a consumer who knows about the brand

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Greek mythology theme is awesome and definitely drew me towards your products as I always loved medieval knights, warriors, etc. The style is both clean, but epic. Give's off a unique feel to your products , as well. It''s not tacky like insane labz, lol. However, it's not cookie cutter either. In my opinion, keep it.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
B. It’s modern and crisp.

A feels childish. Maybe I would have been into it when I was a teenager, but not as an adult.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like B. It feels sleek and professional.

I'll be honest I kind of used OL products in spite of the packaging in the past. The formulas are solid, but I probably took awhile to use them as the OG stuff looked gimmicky to me.

I am probably not the best to ask though as I generally don't care about the packaging I usually look just at the formulas.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Option C something in between like Olympus lyfestyle

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer B.

A just seems to target the younger crowd of guys. I think the hardcore label could be a turn off to those unfamiliar with your brand or unfamiliar with supplement formulas in general. It think it could be seen as either "too hard" or "trying too hard".

B seems clean & professional, as mentioned already. It'll appeal to a broader customer range. It's a no b.s. approach.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i like the new look as well

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes and no. The product is the product - always been cutting and edge and always will be, but we’re talking about audience here and how others have said B can help expand the audience with the same product, niche, and instead of hardcore almost pharmaceutically clean aesthetic. On the same note this same person hit the nail with the hardcore packaging scaring away females and the audience by not taking the product seriously because of its hardcore packaging.

please keep the feedback coming. Totally undecided just trying to point out most of you purchase for formulation and effects (retention factor) vs packaging but please help us decide as a consumer looking at the brand for the first time and as a consumer who knows about the brand
you are underestimating your audience, females and youngsters in particular....very few people buy things based on packaging, they look for reviews and ask others who have used what they think...if a product gets slammed with bad reviews glossy packaging isn't going to save it---glossy packaging might be ok for short term but won't hold up over the long haul.

you should focus on getting reviews out there versus worrying about packaging....consumers these days are way more savvy than you are giving them credit for!!!

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don’t forget to vote. The responses are great so far let’s keep them coming

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My vote is that I don't care what the label looks like, what matters to me is what's on the ingredient label and inside the package. Furthermore when I find a supplement that really works for me I would like to be able to count on it being available in the future and not yanked/reformulated over and over, this is the kind of stuff that makes me loyal to a brand, how fancy the label is boils down to pointless window dressing.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with an option c and voted at the top "Both are good options"
OL products caught my attention because of the graphics. The iconic red circular label with a lightning bolt, the greek warriors around the packaging to seal the cap, the greek style text at the bottom. These things pop out to me. Option B looks clean, but if I were just looking at it I may pass it up just because of how plain it looks. I think maybe you can do a hybrid. just riffing here, but something simple that keeps the greek mythology type flavor, maybe the circular brand symbol in black and white or a silhouette of a greek soldier against the clear bottle. IDK.. just some ideas.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My vote is that I don't care what the label looks like, what matters to me is what's on the ingredient label and inside the package. Furthermore when I find a supplement that really works for me I would like to be able to count on it being available in the future and not yanked/reformulated over and over, this is the kind of stuff that makes me loyal to a brand, how fancy the label is boils down to pointless window dressing.
100%...as classy as a ferrari looks no one would pay $200-300 thousand for one if it had a volkswagon beetle engine and drive train and handled like a bus.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally I like the Greek look but that clean look is so damn clean I really like it. Since you guys make hardcore supps the clean look gives it a pharmacist style look to it which I think works better.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
While I am certainly not qualified to decide, at the risk of being presumptive - I would suggest an alternative.

I would suggest that you strongly consider a play off of the mid-80s plain wrap motif. I believe this is the way to go.

Remember (as if anyone can possibly forget) the judicious and subtle use of plain wrap product packaging in the highly acclaimed and Academy Award winning movie "Repo Man"(starring Harry Dean Stanton and Emilio Estevez, with Tracey Walter, Olivia Barash, Sy Richardson, Vonetta McGee, Fox Harris and Dick Rude). A tasteful and illustrative example is offered below.

You are undoubtedly thinking "how did I overlook such pure marketing genius?", but please do not dwell on this. As you will note, this approach is both thematic and highly adaptive. This provides you with a vehicle that can easily be adapted to fluctuations in socio-economic, geographic or other market driving conditions.

Think of it as offering a virtually unlimited blank canvas, allowing you, the manufacturer/distributor to paint vivid imagery; limited only by the constraints to the overarching plain wrap swim-lane. This allows you to adapt to changing market conditions and consumer whim.

It is either that, or you can build the product line around the always-in-demand "Brown Eye" product theme. This affords you the ability to release a group of related products all marketed under a single brand name, but based on Brown Eye as its anchor point (to ensure returning customers feel a certain confidence and familiarity). As a helpful example, one might market a product called "Assacre" including the notation "a Brown Eye based product". Who could refuse?

Failing that, I would go with whatever the others suggest.

If selected as a winner, I would ask that you donate any proceeds to a charitable organization of your choice (excluding only "The Bastard Sons of Lee Marvin").

And, most importantly and as a personal reflection, never let a Master's Degree in Marketing go to waste.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
While I am certainly not qualified to decide, at the risk of being presumptive - I would suggest an alternative.

I would suggest that you strongly consider a play off of the mid-80s plain wrap motif. I believe this is the way to go.

Remember (as if anyone can possibly forget) the judicious and subtle use of plain wrap product packaging in the highly acclaimed and Academy Award winning movie "Repo Man"(starring Harry Dean Stanton and Emilio Estevez, with Tracey Walter, Olivia Barash, Sy Richardson, Vonetta McGee, Fox Harris and Dick Rude). A tasteful and illustrative example is offered below.

View attachment 197768

You are undoubtedly thinking "how did I overlook such pure marketing genius?", but please do not dwell on this. As you will note, this approach is both thematic and highly adaptive. This provides you with a vehicle that can easily be adapted to fluctuations in socio-economic, geographic or other market driving conditions.

Think of it as offering a virtually immunized blank canvas, allowing you, the manufacturer/distributor to paint vivid imagery; limited only by the constraints to the overarching plain wrap swim-lane. This allows you to adapt to changing market conditions and consumer whim.

It is either that, or you can build the product line around the always-in-demand "Brown Eye" product theme. This affords you the ability to release a group of related products all marketed under a single brand name, but based on Brown Eye as its anchor point (to ensure returning customers feel a certain confidence and familiarity). As a helpful example, one might market a product called "Assacre" wit the notation that it "a Brown Eye based product". Who could refuse?

Failing that, I would go with whatever the others suggest.

If selected as a winner, I would ask that you donate any proceeds to a charitable organization of your choice (excluding only "The Bastard Sons of Lee Marvin").

And, most importantly and as a personal reflection, never let a Master's Degree in Marketing go to waste.
Your posts amuse me. In a good way.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a strong idea of what i'd like to do with the direction of the new brand and a lot of you have a grasp of what i mean of taking hardcore to a pharmaceutical and minimalist but high end look. With the new direction of the brand and many new releases we're going to need to differentiate all the series of products anyways.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have a strong idea of what i'd like to do with the direction of the new brand and a lot of you have a grasp of what i mean of taking hardcore to a pharmaceutical and minimalist but high end look. With the new direction of the brand and many new releases we're going to need to differentiate all the series of products anyways.
While AM is a very small percentage of your sales, if there is anything we can do it is give the brand our honest opinion we are always going to provide you with feedback. Subjectivity will always vary from person to person on what is their ideal look, but we all hope the change is what the company needs to keep rolling along in a positive direction given the COVID circumstances.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go on ………………

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't care to much what the bottle looks like, I just want it to work !

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like the sound of that.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A combination of the two would be stellar. Fairly simple, mostly clear bottles showing off the goods and a nice greek border to keep with the old theme.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I do like A but I like the clean look so much more. Some are Saying it’s what’s in the product that matters and it should be that way and that’s what most on this forum would care about but this forum is very different imo. this Forum is full of people that understand the ingredients, what works and what doesn’t but I’d say the majority of people out there, at least at first would choose things based on looks and A would appeal to the younger crowd, B to the older but I could be wrong.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do like A but I like the clean look so much more. Some are Saying it’s what’s in the product that matters and it should be that way and that’s what most on this forum would care about but this forum is very different imo. this Forum is full of people that understand the ingredients, what works and what doesn’t but I’d say the majority of people out there, at least at first would choose things based on looks and A would appeal to the younger crowd, B to the older but I could be wrong.
as a older guy i think young people are foolish about a lot of things and downright stupid on others...but i give young people credit, they are very savvy about using the internet, they base decisions on reviews and will compare reviews before buying...

in my honest opinion, if a company is confident in their products the best marketing approach would be to get as many reviews out onto the internet as possible--to me this would be a much better approach than worrying about what the wrapper looks like.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
as a older guy i think young people are foolish about a lot of things and downright stupid on others...but i give young people credit, they are very savvy about using the internet, they base decisions on reviews and will compare reviews before buying...

in my honest opinion, if a company is confident in their products the best marketing approach would be to get as many reviews out onto the internet as possible--to me this would be a much better approach than worrying about what the wrapper looks like.
I would have to agree with this!! Good Point!

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll drop a hint here, we're bringing back the PH's the ones from post 2015, and we're bringing an onslaught of new ingredients. I'm so excited! Everything we're gonna do is gonna be so different in meaningful and will have Labs capture the hardcore niche again. New pre-workout too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
re1gn?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the Greek one, generally. Massacre and Ignite are my least favorite because I always feel the guys have a pumpkin on their head ( l get that it’s armor, just saying)

The earlier red and white labels (Bloodshred Raw, origin, etc) were actually my favorite though. Feel the plain look below will look too plain once it arrives and isn’t all shiny

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Old school graphics but I like the minimalist design for single ingredient uses. They honestly can be separate within an essentials lineup. Missing the older direction. Actually talked to a guy about Levels this weekend and the label throws ppl off a bit. Back to the hardcore roots!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll drop a hint here, we're bringing back the PH's the ones from post 2015, and we're bringing an onslaught of new ingredients. I'm so excited! Everything we're gonna do is gonna be so different in meaningful and will have Labs capture the hardcore niche again. New pre-workout too.
I like the sound of this !

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
100% B

If I recall correctly someone a long time ago said the Greek God thing needed to evolve to be taken seriously.

Glad to see you guys are still kicking around these parts. Love the new direction of the TUDCA packaging and wish you luck with the rebranding.

Glad to see agile and lean methodologies at the forefront of Olympus' brand direction and future strategy. Hope all is well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
100% B

If I recall correctly someone a long time ago said the Greek God thing needed to evolve to be taken seriously.

Glad to see you guys are still kicking around these parts. Love the new direction of the TUDCA packaging and wish you luck with the rebranding.

Glad to see agile and lean methodologies at the forefront of Olympus' brand direction and future strategy. Hope all is well.
long time no see!!!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’d like a combo. Put the Greek idea on the clear bottle label. Stands out from the basic bottles but isn’t overwhelming

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I like the no hype, straight to the point. B looks clean and if other products were possibly color variations based on category or something of the sort that would be cool. Like a green natty line, red hardcore line, etc or something of the sort.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
KEEP THE MYTHOLOGY LOOK . Why change it? looks clean yet epic. The Kings blood art is awesome