DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Well just got this from a client to try out any ideas or has anyone tried this

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Brain Octane is your go-to fuel source for mental and physical performance.

Brain Octane is naturally found in coconut oil in small quantities, and we concentrate it to provide you with the purest energy source possible. Brain Octane rapidly provides mental and physical energy, powering your day by supporting cognitive function and keeping you satisfied and free from food cravings. Add it to your daily routine, and experience the state of high performance.

As soon as you consume Brain Octane, it is rapidly absorbed and changed into ketone bodies – providing instant energy to the brain without breaking down glucose from sugars or carbohydrates. Brain Octane produces 4x the ketone energy of plain coconut oil, and also has potent anti-microbial effects that help support healthy digestion and immune function.

Experience the power of using quality fats for fuel, keeping you full and focused for hours.

Contains at least 10x the (C8) Caprylic acid (14g) per Tablespoon as in one tablespoon of Coconut oil (1.4g).(+)

Benefits:
Reliable and quick source of energy from fat not sugar
Helps your body burn fat
Supports cognitive performance
Quality fats that don’t weigh you down
Distilled from 100% pure coconut oil

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
While I drink a "bulletproof" style coffee everyday I prefer ketoPerformance pure C8, it's cheaper for me to get in the UK, still like this post pure c8 always get me through the morning feeling great!

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
While I drink a "bulletproof" style coffee everyday I prefer ketoPerformance pure C8, it's cheaper for me to get in the UK, still like this post pure c8 always get me through the morning feeling great!
So my client recommended substituting fish oil for this. Will give it a try monday

Sacrifice

Awards
Thanks brother heard in can cause some stomach issues so will wait till Monday to start
I didn't get off the toilet my first day taking it, so be ready lol. But my body adapted quickly. I'd definitely recommend starting with small servings and working up.

I still take fish oil. MCT's are used as an energy source, particularly helpful for those on a very low carb diet (keto)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So my client recommended substituting fish oil for this. Will give it a try monday
It is not a replacement for omega 3s. But it is just C8 MCTs

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What kind of "energy" are we talking about, I never felt anything at all from MCT oil so what the difference here..?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What kind of "energy" are we talking about, I never felt anything at all from MCT oil so what the difference here..?
It means the proper definition of energy with regard to fuel, not stimulation like you get with caffeine, for example.

So if you've ever eaten food, it's the energy it releases which is what they are referring to. Id say it would be similar as to what you might expect of a disaccaride, in that you don't feel a 'spike' in energy like you would with glucose, but definitely comes on 'faster' than other fats or longer chain carbs.

I hope that makes sense lol

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It means the proper definition of energy with regard to fuel, not stimulation like you get with caffeine, for example.

So if you've ever eaten food, it's the energy it releases which is what they are referring to. Id say it would be similar as to what you might expect of a disaccaride, in that you don't feel a 'spike' in energy like you would with glucose, but definitely comes on 'faster' than other fats or longer chain carbs.

I hope that makes sense lol
Thanks!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Regular MCT oil works fine for me. Cant justify the price BP wants.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Regular MCT oil works fine for me. Cant justify the price BP wants.
I'd agree with you unless you're on keto because c8 are converted straight into ketones and ATP so the added boost is a lot more noticeable for gym performance IMO!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
If its for keto, look into MCT powder. I believe Quest's contain 68% C8. They boost ketones moreso than MCT oil (I believe up to 3x) and much much easier on the gut. Dr. D'Agostino talks about this on a number of podcasts.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
If its for keto, look into MCT powder. I believe Quest's contain 68% C8. They boost ketones moreso than MCT oil (I believe up to 3x) and much much easier on the gut. Dr. D'Agostino talks about this on a number of podcasts.
Thanks!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is correct. Quest has two different ones. One with coconut and one of just MCT. Both are great products for those doing keto.