Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

Wishing my gym had that style dbells now. Lol.

You can still do them with round DB's. They aren't "locked" together, but still work the same.
 
60s rests on everything unless otherwise stated.

Machine Fly 308

Set 1 : 80x10
Set 2 : 100x10
Set 3 : 220x12
Set 4 : 220x7 drop
Set 5 : 205x5

Barbell Incline Bench Press 222

Set 1 : 135x6
Set 2 : 155x6
Set 3 : 175x6
Set 4 : 185x6
Set 5 : 205x2

-Dang. I thought I'd do more today. I should've jumped from 155 to 185 like last week, then 195, 205.

:(

Banded Bench 232.33

-Increased tension from 35# worth of bands to 40# from last week.

Set 1 : 185x5
Set 2 : 195x5
Set 3 : 205x4
Set 4 : 135x13

Machine Reverse Flyes to Banded Delt Raise (see below) to Banded O&B's. No break. ** Shoulders were pumped and on fire.

Set 1 : 160x10
Set 2 : 160x10
Set 3 : 145x10

Rear Delt Bands 2.67

Set 1 : 2x10
Set 2 : 2x10
Set 3 : 2x10

Cage Presses to Sixways xFail to Banded O&B, no breaks.

Set 1 : 95x8
Set 2 : 105x2 failed 3


Seated Calf Raise 322.5

2 drop sets, 60 sec break between the two.
- Increased to 225 this week because I hit 20 on 220 the other day. Every time I hit 20 reps I'll increase. I still don't know why I can push less weight on seated raises than leaning, standing, or leg press raises.

1:
Set 1 : 225x13
Set 2 : 210x6
Set 3 : 190x9
Set 4 : 135x9
Set 5 : 90x10
Set 6 : 55x20
2:
Set 7 : 180x16
Set 8 : 135x7
Set 9 : 90x10
Set 10 : 45x20


I still haven't taken my last Combustion. I'm scared of goodbyes, I guess. Still rocking the DCP 2.0, however.

Going to take the combustion for certain tomorrow try to PR on meadows rows again.

Staycation starts Wednesday, so review will be plate then if not earlier.
 
You can still do them with round DB's. They aren't "locked" together, but still work the same.

Ditto, same as you & Wasme - if the proper tension is there, they stay together just fine for me. And they're so easy on the body, but put good work on the muscles. Can't remember who on here suggested them to me, but very grateful. Good to have tricks to keep going when you're feeling more beat up.
 
Meadows Row 190

Set 1 : 50x8
Set 2 : 75x8
Set 3 : 150x7 Left arm PR
Set 4 : 150x8 Right arm PR
Set 5 : 135x7
Set 6 : 125x8

Cable Seated Row 200
-With Red Band

Set 1 : 150x10
Set 2 : 140x10
Set 3 : 130x10

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 233.33
-With Red Band

Set 1 : 200x5
Set 2 : 180x3
Set 3 : 160x8

Hyperextensions - Back Extensions 4.3

Set 1 : 3x13 w/ dime plate
Set 2 : 3x12

Barbell Good Morning 262.5

Set 1 : 135x15
Set 2 : 185x10
Set 3 : 225x5 PR
Set 4 : 135x5 w/3-4s pauses at bottom.


Bam, PR's! Combustion came through AGAIN!!

Review may come in today.

What a crazy start to the day. My key card wouldn't work in the gym this morning because I snuck kiddo in the other day. I have to swing back by later and pay a $10 fee.

Then, on my way to work the engine light came on and a message saying 'reduced engine power' came on, and I couldn't accelerate. After having it off a few minutes I tried it again and I can now accelerate but the engine light is still on. Waiting at the dealership now to have it looked at.

:(
 
I also did some cardio, then this:

Plate Loaded Leverage Machine High Row 205
-Weight per arm

Set 1 : 135x12
Set 2 : 150x11

-Drop Set
Set 3 : 150x7
Set 4 : 115x8
Set 5 : 90x9
 
Congrats on the PRs! Great volume! Your car issue sounds like bad gasoline. Hope it's minor!
 
Holy smoke Thomas! You're busting theses killer wo's like a crazy man!! I was way behind! Congrats on then PR's! I hope everything is ok with your engine and your day gets better from here!! Roughy start so far! :(
 
Congrats on the PRs! Great volume! Your car issue sounds like bad gasoline. Hope it's minor!

Thanks Mark.

My super self diagnosis suggests it may be a computer glitch: Invalid Link Removed

Holy smoke Thomas! You're busting theses killer wo's like a crazy man!! I was way behind! Congrats on then PR's! I hope everything is ok with your engine and your day gets better from here!! Roughy start so far! :(

Thanks Kat! You had an impressive back day too!!
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys!
 
Thank you! :) What'd they say about your car?

After sitting there forever, they came out and started up the truck to run a test. Engine light was off and they said they didn't know what had happened. Said it MIGHT be a glitch. God is good.
 
After sitting there forever, they came out and started up the truck to run a test. Engine light was off and they said they didn't know what had happened. Said it MIGHT be a glitch. God is good.

Yes he is!!! All the time!! That's great!!
 
GMs are kinda known for having little electrical bugs that sometimes throw things off. My brothers tahoes brake lights will stop working randomly. Change the bulb and they still don't turn on. Start working the next day.
 
GMs are kinda known for having little electrical bugs that sometimes throw things off. My brothers tahoes brake lights will stop working randomly. Change the bulb and they still don't turn on. Start working the next day.

The only gauge that works on my dash is the gas. The others have stopped one by one over the last year. I can't turn my AC/heat to dash or it'll get stuck there, and sometimes it turns off for two seconds and comes right back on. Crazy, and it's not that old of a truck.
 
Oh wow! That's crazy!!
 
First truck that I've owned that wasn't a ford, and the one that's had the most problems.

Really?! That's surprising! We had HORRIBLE luck with the 2 fords that we've had! Maybe you need a jeep next! ;) They're tons of fun!! Lol
 
Really?! That's surprising! We had HORRIBLE luck with the 2 fords that we've had! Maybe you need a jeep next! ;) They're tons of fun!! Lol

I'd love a jeep. As long as it's strong enough to pull the boat though.
 
I'd love a jeep. As long as it's strong enough to pull the boat though.
If you got a 4 door and had big tires you'd be good to go!
 
Lol. Is that the rule? It's a heavy boat...

Lol according to my husband! I think he's just trying to convince me to soup up his wrangler! Haha
 
My 03 f150 hasn't given me any issues knock on wood. Just typical maintenance. Ball joints were the absolute worst
 
I'd love a jeep. As long as it's strong enough to pull the boat though.
First, your killin it in here like always! Second, jeeps are fun but if you get a stock 4-door and put big tires on it, not knowing the size of your boat but performance is going to be compromised so you would need a lift for one and performance products as well. The second you put bigger tires on it you gears will be all thrown off and your engine won't know what's going on. Also your speedo will be all of on your mph. Just a couple things to consider. Sorry Kat:) I've owned them my whole life and just putting bigger tires on one will only hurt there performance and especially pulling a boat. You will have to do many modifications for the proper pulling power.
 
I knew you would know Pete! I had no clue! Lol I was just playing! Glad you explained it all!
 
First, your killin it in here like always! Second, jeeps are fun but if you get a stock 4-door and put big tires on it, not knowing the size of your boat but performance is going to be compromised so you would need a lift for one and performance products as well. The second you put bigger tires on it you gears will be all thrown off and your engine won't know what's going on. Also your speedo will be all of on your mph. Just a couple things to consider. Sorry Kat:) I've owned them my whole life and just putting bigger tires on one will only hurt there performance and especially pulling a boat. You will have to do many modifications for the proper pulling power.

That's what I figured. I've never owned a Jeep but I've heard they weren't specifically meant for pulling.
 
My 03 f150 hasn't given me any issues knock on wood. Just typical maintenance. Ball joints were the absolute worst

Yeah my old boss had an 01 F150 with 500,000+ miles on it. All original, only work was regular maintenance stuff.

And these weren't easy miles, these were towing a trailer loaded with concrete and equipment. Hell, he probably still has it.
 
Back
Top