BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

So worn down feeling. Not necessarily physically or mentally, just tired. If that sounds rational at all. Lol.

I've only rested 1 day in the last 8, and it didn't help waking up at 0330 Saturday and 0545 Sunday.

I MAY sleep in tomorrow, but I doubt it. I have a week off coming up, so I can rest then.

For the first time I'll have to get motivated in the morn without Combustion. Interested, begrudgingly, to see what it was like not having that boost as soon as I wake up.
 
So worn down feeling. Not necessarily physically or mentally, just tired. If that sounds rational at all. Lol.

I've only rested 1 day in the last 8, and it didn't help waking up at 0330 Saturday and 0545 Sunday.

I MAY sleep in tomorrow, but I doubt it. I have a week off coming up, so I can rest then.

For the first time I'll have to get motivated in the morn without Combustion. Interested, begrudgingly, to see what it was like not having that boost as soon as I wake up.

Week off coming up - vacation?
 
Sounds completely rational! Yu put your body through along both in training and everyday life! It's ok to take a day off! You gross when you rest- not when you train! :)
 
Push through man, that'll make that week off feel even better!
 
Week off coming up - vacation?

Yes. Its the time of year that we normally go to the gulf and snorkel for scallops. It's not in the budget this year because of my surgery, but we decided to keep the time off anyway. We'll probably spend some time at the east-coast beach instead.

Sounds completely rational! Yu put your body through along both in training and everyday life! It's ok to take a day off! You gross when you rest- not when you train! :)

This is true. However....

...ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Push through man, that'll make that week off feel even better!

Currently I'm very motivated to get my a** up and lift. So, get up and lift I'll do.

Arms on tap today. Maybe a calf PR...?

I took a caffeine thermo this morning that I REALLY like, but it's still not the same as Combustion.

I say this with all seriousness and not just because of this log: I think Combustion has earned the spot for my #1 favorite thermo.
 
Yes. Its the time of year that we normally go to the gulf and snorkel for scallops. It's not in the budget this year because of my surgery, but we decided to keep the time off anyway. We'll probably spend some time at the east-coast beach instead.

This is true. However....

...ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Currently I'm very motivated to get my a** up and lift. So, get up and lift I'll do.

Arms on tap today. Maybe a calf PR...?

I took a caffeine thermo this morning that I REALLY like, but it's still not the same as Combustion.

I say this with all seriousness and not just because of this log: I think Combustion has earned the spot for my #1 favorite thermo.

Glad to hear it man! I definitely think its one of the best on the market.
 
One minute rest on everything.

My three second negatives were actually a tad bit longer, maybe closer to four.

Triceps Pushdown V Bar 228

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 90x10
Set 3 : 150x12
Set 4 : 170x10
Set 5 : 180x8
Set 6 : 170x6

Dumbbell Tricep Kickback 50.67
-pronated, hard Flex at top

Set 1 : 40x8
Set 2 : 35x8
Set 3 : 30x8
Set 4 : 30x8

Dip Machine 275

Set 1 : 130x25
Set 2 : 150x25

Dumbbell Bicep Curl 44.33
-Three second negative

Set 1 : 35x8
Set 2 : 35x8
Set 3 : 30x8

Barbell Curl 114
-Three second negative

Set 1 : 95x6
Set 2 : 90x6
Set 3 : 85x6

Barbell Reverse Curl 75

Set 1 : 45x20
Set 2 : 45x20
Set 3 : 45x15

SUPERSET:

These next two drop sets were done with my left arm first, bicep and tricep, then my right arm.

overhead hammer curl w/ rope 130.67

Set 1 : 70x26 PR
Set 2 : 60x12
Set 3 : 50x10
Set 4 : 40x10
Set 5 : 30x15

-i'm not sure this PR counts. The one I normally use was broken, and I didn't do the heavier setting prior to the lighter setting. Last time I did 70×7 or 8, then did the lighter setting 70×20.

Leaning reverse extension burnouts 31.67

-Alternating: rep one with my palm back, rep two with my palm forward, etc
-hard flex at top

Set 1 : 25x8
Set 2 : 20x4
Set 3 : 15x4
Set 4 : 10x4

Seated Calf Raise 366.67
-One drop set

Set 1 : 220x20 PR!!
Set 2 : 205x5
Set 3 : 180x5
Set 4 : 135x8
Set 5 : 90x10
Set 6 : 45x15

-These destroyed my calves.

Notes:

The workout overall was really good. I didn't have the same focus that I do with combustion, but my lifts were still good.
 
Killlled this session! Congrats on the PRs!!
 
Killlled this session! Congrats on the PRs!!

Thank KP! I can only imagine what a meadows session would look like with a little more calories and that product you're taking. ;)
 
Thank KP! I can only imagine what a meadows session would look like with a little more calories and that product you're taking. ;)
Doooooo iiiiittttttt!!! Lol no, srs
 
So glad you pushed through! That was a great workout! Might need to get someone to stand on the plates next time for your tri pushdowns! Running out of weight! ;)
 
Thanks y'all! LOL. That 180 felt heavy, but the PR notification didn't sound.
 
Well, my last combustion pill will go down tomorrow. Uncertain what I'm going to work though. I've finished my Meadows week 11, he has some sort of deload scheduled for next week that I'm in no rush to start, and I really want to do legs but my quads are feeling slightly tight still.

I'll do some more BW squats in the morning (I usually do them every morning for a stretch) while I'm having coffee an see how they feel. Otherwise, I'll do a repeat of some chest/shoulder day. Maybe even make up my own. I dunno.

I can't believe I've taken this few days off and am stil hitting PR's. My eyes are so heavy, but my body just says 'let's go!'.
 
Sad to see the combustion go I'm sure! You're really kicking butt with all of the PR's though and obviously your body is in full gear now! Awesome job!
 
Sad to see the combustion go I'm sure! You're really kicking butt with all of the PR's though and obviously your body is in full gear now! Awesome job!

I am. It will be added again soon though. Fortunately I still have DCP 2.0
 
New lady to AM here:

Invalid Link Removed

And she's logging Combustion, too.

Give some love/motivation?
 
Thanks Kat, you're awesome. ;)
 
"Thanked" lol
 
off day today. Exhaustion finally just caught up to me. Last combustion pill tomorrow, leg demolition to follow.

DCP 2.0 is an insane product. I love it. It doesn't give the same feeling as Combustion, but the results are awesome IMO :)

I couldn't agree more.
 
Tomorrow's gonna be awesome!! Rest + combustion= leg slaughter
 
Tomorrow's gonna be awesome!! Rest + combustion= leg slaughter

Well...

12 year old is going with me tomorrow. I prob won't hit it like normal, but I'll be able to show him something.

Gonna do legs, meadows style, but not sure exactly which one. I'll have to do something that fits the time I'll have showing him the ropes.

I'd like to et some banded bench in there too, just to show him the difference.
 
And the iron torch gets passed to the next generation. Glad to hear your son is interested.
 
Have fun with this Thomas. The odd time my daughter joins me for a session in the garage, and it is a fantastic feeling!
 
Don't let him realize how nervous you are about him dropping something on himself lol

Lol.

Have fun with this Thomas. The odd time my daughter joins me for a session in the garage, and it is a fantastic feeling!

It's going to be fun. Going to wake him up now and get some carbs in him.

:)
 
Well...

12 year old is going with me tomorrow. I prob won't hit it like normal, but I'll be able to show him something.

Gonna do legs, meadows style, but not sure exactly which one. I'll have to do something that fits the time I'll have showing him the ropes.

I'd like to et some banded bench in there too, just to show him the difference.

That's awesome, bro. Kudos on instilling that early :)

I plan on getting my son into lifting as soon as he is old enough. He is taking Tae Kwon Doe right now, as he is only 6. He loves it.

I'm hoping he gets bitten by the iron bug as well :D
 
That's awesome! I'm so glad he wanted to go with you! He's lucky to have someone show him the ropes and prober form too! Can't wait to hear how it went!
 
That's awesome, bro. Kudos on instilling that early :)

I plan on getting my son into lifting as soon as he is old enough. He is taking Tae Kwon Doe right now, as he is only 6. He loves it.

I'm hoping he gets bitten by the iron bug as well :D

I hope the same. He isn't to chest day because that's the only thing his dad lift on, but I'm slowly talking him into other things. It was huge getting him in for his first leg day today. I'm hoping to do back or something with him Monday before he goes back to his dads (we alternate weeks in the summer).

I can't sneak him in tomorrow. Staff will be there and they have a 16yo age limit.

:0

That's awesome! I'm so glad he wanted to go with you! He's lucky to have someone show him the ropes and prober form too! Can't wait to hear how it went!

It was great. We need max effort leg curls x5 sets, 5 sets squats, 5 sets banded leg press, and his legs failed on set 2 of hack squats so I let him so banded bench while I finished hacks. He liked the banded bench, but wasn't listening much on form. I tried to explain the arch but because his dad does it flat-backed that's his go-to.

Either way, he will be walking slow tomorrow.

How did he feel about 3:30 am carbs!

Pfft. He's a boy, he's game for carbs anytime.

He definitely complained for a bit about the time, but once he found out football practice was cancelled he was ok. Like last year when he went he got some positive comments about getting in the gym early, and he grumbled, but you couldn't wipe his smile off.

I did not take my last combustion today. I'm kinda glad, because it wasn't a 'normal' leg day. My pace was slowed. I did get up to 355 on squats with good form. Might've had 365 in me if I hadn't done 3x 315 and rested another minute.

Combustion and chest/shoulders tomorrow. Not jumping into Meadows' deload week yet. I'm going to repeat last weeks and try for a heavier banded press PR.
 
It was great. We need max effort leg curls x5 sets, 5 sets squats, 5 sets banded leg press, and his legs failed on set 2 of hack squats so I let him so banded bench while I finished hacks. He liked the banded bench, but wasn't listening much on form. I tried to explain the arch but because his dad does it flat-backed that's his go-to. Either way, he will be walking slow tomorrow.

That's awesome!!! It's crazy to see the form parents teach/allow there kids! There's a dad and 3 teenage boys that come in @5 every morning. I think it's awesome that they're there but they train upper body every day and fling the weights all over the place! They are going to get hurt! :( Glad you got a really good workout in too!! You're super close to 365!! :0
 
That's awesome!!! It's crazy to see the form parents teach/allow there kids! There's a dad and 3 teenage boys that come in @5 every morning. I think it's awesome that they're there but they train upper body every day and fling the weights all over the place! They are going to get hurt! :( Glad you got a really good workout in too!! You're super close to 365!! :0

Thanks Kat!

I've hit 365 a couple times previously. I want more though. lol. 375 was what I failed on last time. My core buckled and I didn't hit parallel.

Kiddo knows that I know what I'm talking about. He is like the rest of us and is taken aback at change. It took me a while to change my bench.
 
Lol I know what you mean! That's what makes us different- always pushing and wanting more!! Haha I'd be so stoked if I could just hit 200! Lol
 
Lol I know what you mean! That's what makes us different- always pushing and wanting more!! Haha I'd be so stoked if I could just hit 200! Lol

Lol. You will, no doubt, and then you'll be eye-balling 300.
 
It's only been about a year since the first time I EVER squatted with weight on my back. June of 2013 I was finishing up P90X and had never squared in my life.
 
Lol. You will, no doubt, and then you'll be eye-balling 300.
It's only been about a year since the first time I EVER squatted with weight on my back. June of 2013 I was finishing up P90X and had never squared in my life.
Yep!! You got that right! I'm thinking after I reach my bf goal- I'll try to add some muscle to help me get there! lol...Really?! Wow!!! Amazing progress!! I didn't last 10 mins into p90x before I started laughing and getting bored! Lol
 
Yep!! You got that right! I'm thinking after I reach my bf goal- I'll try to add some muscle to help me get there! lol...Really?! Wow!!! Amazing progress!! I didn't last 10 mins into p90x before I started laughing and getting bored! Lol

Ha, yeah. It was a good destruction for me when I quit smoking. It really did put me on track to where I am today, as silly as I find it now. Prior to that I was an occasional lifter with no real direction, knowledge, and ambition. Every month though, I get better. Even when my diet is off...
 
My brother started out doing P90x and at his last BB'ing comp he qualified for Master's Nationals ;)
 
My brother started out doing P90x and at his last BB'ing comp he qualified for Master's Nationals ;)

BAM.

We all have a different gateway drug to our addictive lifestyle. Lol
 
Ha, yeah. It was a good destruction for me when I quit smoking. It really did put me on track to where I am today, as silly as I find it now. Prior to that I was an occasional lifter with no real direction, knowledge, and ambition. Every month though, I get better. Even when my diet is off...

That's awesome! We all have our funny ways of starting/learning! Whatever gets you motivated and moving is what matters!
 
My brother started out doing P90x and at his last BB'ing comp he qualified for Master's Nationals ;)
Wow!! Awesome!!
 
Sounds like the trip to the gym with the young lad was great. He must have been pretty stoked to see you squatting such weight!
 
Keep pushing him on the bench form - getting my elbows in tighter & back arched as a truly compound lift (instead of trying to work my chest w/ it) really cut down on tweaks & pains. It's just safer. If you want a big chest, flyes & hex presses I always tell people. That's what you see making the biggest difference.

375 is there, man. When you get under that bar, & it feels stupid heavy, you gotta believe in your ability to overcome. That's the only thing bringing you back out of the hole on a true max effort attempt. You have to NEED it.
 
Sounds like the trip to the gym with the young lad was great. He must have been pretty stoked to see you squatting such weight!

I'm sure he has a new respect for the squat. He said he thought my eyes were going to pop out.

Keep pushing him on the bench form - getting my elbows in tighter & back arched as a truly compound lift (instead of trying to work my chest w/ it) really cut down on tweaks & pains. It's just safer. If you want a big chest, flyes & hex presses I always tell people. That's what you see making the biggest difference.

375 is there, man. When you get under that bar, & it feels stupid heavy, you gotta believe in your ability to overcome. That's the only thing bringing you back out of the hole on a true max effort attempt. You have to NEED it.

I can hear motivational music in my head every time you post about lifting.
 
I'm sure he has a new respect for the squat. He said he thought my eyes were going to pop out.



I can hear motivational music in my head every time you post about lifting.

Hahaha I'm right here w/ you, man, just trying to get a little bit better, rep by rep, day by day. If you're doing it right, it never ever gets easier. Your son's 5RM on bench should be just as tough as yours, relatively speaking. That's a pun ;)
 
Keep pushing him on the bench form - getting my elbows in tighter & back arched as a truly compound lift (instead of trying to work my chest w/ it) really cut down on tweaks & pains. It's just safer. If you want a big chest, flyes & hex presses I always tell people. That's what you see making the biggest difference.

I'm gonna try those hex presses.
 
Hex presses = win! Press DBs into one another at the top of the lift.
 
Back
Top