BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

Great job man - you got under 375, unracked it, took it down a ways & didn't collapse. And you were honest enough to understand when it wasn't as deep as you needed - be proud!

And I never do more than 2 sets w/ just the bar. You've got 10 warmup/ramp up sets before 375. Still too much. Drop 3 of those sets w/ the bar, & don't worry about getting 10 reps/set, the next time you experiment w/ maxing on squat. That's just my personal view.
 
Oh wow! That soon for legs again?! You're a beast! Mine are hurting so bad today- I surely couldn't do them again tomorrow! Lol
That's great that you got ahead on weekend chores! Always love that! Now you can enjoy your friends/family! ...oh that is quite frustrating!!!

I just miss limping out after doing legs. Lol
They'll probably be too sore anyway.

Great job man - you got under 375, unracked it, took it down a ways & didn't collapse. And you were honest enough to understand when it wasn't as deep as you needed - be proud!

And I never do more than 2 sets w/ just the bar. You've got 10 warmup/ramp up sets before 375. Still too much. Drop 3 of those sets w/ the bar, & don't worry about getting 10 reps/set, the next time you experiment w/ maxing on squat. That's just my personal view.

Thanks Hyde. Yeah, the 375 didn't feel that heavy until half way down and I knew if I hit parallel I wasn't coming back up. I probably should've anyway, but I didn't want to look stupid.

It was good enough of a lift that those last two of 315 felt like a house was on my shoulders.
 
...I'm impressed Thomas and listen to Hyde. That is all, enjoy your July 4th

Thanks man.

I try and take as much in as possible when he's giving pointers.
 
It happens, weekend diets are fun:)

Well, I felt that way when my BF was a little lower than it is now.... I destroyed some food and adult beverages yesterday...
 
Headed to the beach today, so, no WO.
 
Have a blast!!

Jelly... would love to go to the ocean

Twas a blast!

...until my brothers girlfriends son was hit in the head with a surf board fin. He's off to get stitches now. Such are the consequences when learning to surf. He was, however, able to get up on the board for the first time today.
 
Last edited:
Twas a blast! ...until my brothers girlfriends son was hit in the head with a surf board fin. He's off to get stitches now. Such are the consequences when learning to surf. He was, however, able to get up on the board for the first time today.
Oh no!!! That stinks!! That's very exciting about getting up on the board though! How bad of a cut?
 
A mere flesh wound!

They spread it open and it looks way deeper. Pretty good'n, and he handled it well for a 5th grader.
 
No WO today, and none tomorrow. My older brother is in town and my extra time is used to spend time with them.
 
No WO today, and none tomorrow. My older brother is in town and my extra time is used to spend time with them.
That's wonderful! Family is worth the little sacrifice of extra rest/growth time! ;) You'll be ready to rock n roll on Monday! Enjoy your time with your brother!
 
That's wonderful! Family is worth the little sacrifice of extra rest/growth time! ;) You'll be ready to rock n roll on Monday! Enjoy your time with your brother!

Thanks Kat! It is fun hanging out with him.

I'm 5'11", but look like George Costanza standing next to him:

Invalid Link Removed
 
That picture is for the family album of memories. Have fun with your brother Thomas.
 
Haha I know what you mean! My sisters are both much taller than me! That's a great pic of you two! Glad you're enjoying your time! :)
 
Just getting caught up. Sooo, I am not bringing my house to Florida as you said in my log. But I am coming down to kick you @ss when you get that 375 on your shoulders again!!! haha Nice leg workout either way man!!

Glad the kid is ok and that was all he got. Just battle scars for future reference ;)
 
Arms are looking big in the bro shot :)

Workouts will be there - not every day you get to see fam, be at the beach, & visit the ER lol
 
Arms are looking big in the bro shot :)

Workouts will be there - not every day you get to see fam, be at the beach, & visit the ER lol

Thanks Hyde!
 
Slow start this morning after 3 days off. At least I'll be starting back with legs.
 
Lying Leg Curls 186.67

Warmup-
Set 1 : 65x10
Set 2 : 85x10

Set 3 : 140x10
Set 4 : 125x10

Drop Set
Set 5 : 125x10
Set 6 : 110x1
Set 7 : 95x7
Set 8 : 65x25 -partials

Barbell Squat 379.17

60s rests
Set 1 : 135x5
Set 2 : 135x5
Set 3 : 225x6
90s rests
Set 4 : 275x6
Set 5 : 295x6
120s rest
Set 6 : 325x5

Hack Squat 306.67

Warmup, bottom out
Set 1 : 90x6
Set 2 : 90x6

1 drop set-
Set 3 : 230x10
Set 4 : 180x8
Set 5 : 90x20 (w/ pauses)

Smith Machine Single Leg Split Squat 123.5

Set 1 : 95x12
30s rest
Set 2 : 95x9 (couldn't finish)

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 63.33

Set 1 : 50x8
Set 2 : 50x8
- couldn't do last two sets

Seated Calf Raise 315

2 drop sets
1:
Set 1 : 210x15
Set 2 : 205x4
Set 3 : 180x6
Set 4 : 135x10
Set 5 : 90x10
Set 6 : 45x15
2:
Set 7 : 180x10
Set 8 : 135x7
Set 9 : 90x6
Set 10 : 45x7
 
Great leg wo especially this soon after last weeks! You're a beast! Love the calf sets!! I'm sure they were on fire!!!
 
Great leg wo especially this soon after last weeks! You're a beast! Love the calf sets!! I'm sure they were on fire!!!

Thanks Kat! 225 and 275 felt so heavy, but with the little extra rest my first rep of 295 shot up out of the hole so fast the bar bounced, so I knew I was feeling it.... Until the hack squats killed me.

Oh yes, my calves knotted up all kinds of crazy!
 
Thanks Kat! 225 and 275 felt so heavy, but with the little extra rest my first rep of 295 shot up out of the hole so fast the bar bounced, so I knew I was feeling it.... Until the hack squats killed me. Oh yes, my calves knotted up all kinds of crazy!

Gotta love when that happens! 90 seconds isn't much rest anyways! I figured they were! Haha
 
Calories ended today at 2370 (268p/148c/71f), and yesterday ended at 2102 (198/92/88).

Taking the weekend off of Combustion has reset my tolerance a little, I believe. I sweat like a pig at the gym this morning and a few times throughout the day. It's good to be back at the normal routine.
 
325x5 is strong as hell. You got that 375 and more next time you give it a shot
 
Gotta like when a couple of days off just resets things..

If I had been getting the right amount of rest and my diet wasn't all junk it would've been a lot better IMO. Hard to be good over that holiday.

I really like taking Saturday and Sunday off stims and lifting cause when Monday comes it's crazy energy! But the taking off stims doesn't happen that often:)

This is something I should try and do more often. Not having to get up so early gives me the added energy to not necessarily need a Pre.

325x5 is strong as hell. You got that 375 and more next time you give it a shot

Thanks Joh! Your 330 didn't go unnoticed...

That 5th rep was tough, and I could feel my core start to give, if you know why I mean. I think my face was red as hell. I figured after 295 feeling so good, why not? I remember when 1x315 was too tough. Gotta move the weekly #'s up eventually.
 
Last edited:
Strong numbers Thomas! Nice job! Get that diet back in line brother! Drill Sargent here! Lol
 
Smith Machine Bench Press 285

Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 205x8
Set 4 : 225x8
Set 5 : 225x8

-these felt heavier than I remember. Either I wasn't warmed up or I'm not used to the 'stable' bar.

Barbell Incline Bench Press 214.5

Set 1 : 135x6
Set 2 : 155x6
Set 3 : 175x6
Set 4 : 195x3 drop
Set 5 : 175x3

Banded Bench 236.5
-Blue Band

Set 1 : 45x1
Set 2 : 185x6
Set 3 : 195x5 PR
Set 4 : 205x4 PR
Set 5 : 215x3 PR

Dip Machine 210
-This was supposed to be reg dips with your chin tucked, but It was taken. I used the dip machine with as similar a position as I could.

Set 1 : 150x12

ALL SHOULDER EX's DO x8 ON BANDED STRETCHES

Machine Reverse Flyes 195
-1s squeeze

Set 1 : 115x20
Set 2 : 130x15
Set 3 : 115x12
Set 4 : 100x10

-I had to pause on these a lot.

Barbell Rear Delt Row 165
-wide grip, elbows out, squeeze at top

Set 1 : 110x15
Set 2 : 110x9 drop
Set 3 : 90x6
Set 4 : 90x15

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 20.5

Set 1 : 10x15
Set 2 : 15x11
Set 3 : 15x10

Notes:

Shoulders were pumped like crazy.

Also, this was one of the best chest workouts I've had in a while.

Again, with the focus from Combustion, I'm killing my WO's.
 
Very nice chest work! Jealous of that volume! Keep slaying the iron!
 
Awesome chest session!! Hitting PR after PR!! Killin it man!
 
Nice job bro. SOlid PR's.

When I play in the smith with a bench press, I can find it awkward with my shoulders, etc and thus actually makes it feel more heavy at times.
 
Thanks errybody!

Looking forward to seeing how I do on back tomorrow. 2300 cals today with 246p/139c/77f. My appetite is still suppressed pretty good but I can tell my body is wanting more.
 
Thanks errybody!

Looking forward to seeing how I do on back tomorrow. 2300 cals today with 246p/139c/77f. My appetite is still suppressed pretty good but I can tell my body is wanting more.

You are doing such a good job with your macros man. Like you my body is just begging for a bit more.
 
You are doing such a good job with your macros man. Like you my body is just begging for a bit more.

Thanks Wasme.

I'm taking in almost all my carbs at night, but might change that up today. I haven't yet lost any daily energy, but my carb craving were crazy yesterday. For about two hours I was craving french fries, and I wasn't really that hungry.

_________________

Woke up quite a bit last night. If I had actually felt tired, or NOT been wide awake when my alarm went off this AM, I might've called it a grow day. I figured there's no point in staying in bed for another 2 hours for an additional 30m sleep.

Back day on tap. Let's hit a PR!
 
60s breaks on everything

Barbell Bent One Arm Row 107.67

Set 1 : 25x10
Set 2 : 50x5
Set 3 : 75x8
Set 4 : 85x8
Set 5 : 75x8

-These felt heavy today.

Reeve's Dead Lift 282

Set 1 : 115x6
Set 2 : 115x6
Set 3 : 165x6
Set 4 : 185x6 PR
Set 5 : 205x6 PR
Set 6 : 235x6 PR

-I held the lats at the top for a second instead of the 'jerk' it looks like he does in the video.

-Grip was tough in my palms.

Video:
Invalid Link Removed

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 240.67

Set 1 : 180x8
Set 2 : 190x8
Set 3 : 190x8
Set 4 : 140x10

-First 3 sets slow and only to the forehead, long stretch at top. Last set O&B full ROM.

Dumbbell Bent Arm Pullover 93.33

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x7 (8 never came back up)

Barbell Good Morning 240 (ADDED THESE BECAUSE OF HYDES LOG)

Set 1 : 135x5
Set 2 : 185x3
Set 3 : 205x3
Set 4 : 225x2
Set 5 : 235x1
Set 6 : 135x10 (w/ pause-holds)

Band Good Morning 20

Set 1 : 15 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep

Seated Calf Raise 350
-2 drop sets-

1:
Set 1 : 210x20 PR
Set 2 : 180x10
Set 3 : 135x13
Set 4 : 90x10
Set 5 : 45x20

2:
Set 6 : 205x10
Set 7 : 180x6
Set 8 : 135x8
Set 9 : 90x10
Set 10 : 45x20

Notes: BAM!

I was anticipating PR's on my upper lats today, but, everything just felt so heavy. Maybe I need more carbs today. Oh well, I'll take the PR's I got.
 
Congrats on the PRs! Those Reeves DL look interesting!
 
Congrats on the PRs! Those Reeves DL look interesting!

They're different, for sure. Mid lift I felt the pump and increased widening in my wings, and some low back work was noticeable afterwards. Thank you Mark!
 
Holy smoke! Those reeves look crazy hard! Look at you rocking out all of those PR's too??!! Way to go!
 
<hits 'thanks' button>
 
Back
Top