Guest viewing is limited

BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

Rock solid arms buddy! High volume!
 
Gotta love the way Meadows attacks arms!

Cool story on the grow op... panel looks like an accident waiting to happen lol
 
Very nice!! Lots of volume!
 
Thanks homies! My biceps have been cramping up on me all day.
 
It's the 3rd time this week that it's rained so hard it flooded the garage, and it's still going. Because the power is out and we are on a well there is no washing my Tupperware's from today, no ironing clothes for tomorrow, and I guess I need to preserve phone battery.

Invalid Link Removed
 
The good news is that I shouldn't have to add any water to the pond for at least a month.
 
Hahaha gotta love when that happens! I got caught walking in that mess on Tuesday! I was drenched! Lol Hopefully power won't stay out long though!
 
Damn, that was one great workout! I'm hitting up arms tomorrow morning, now I know what kind of competition I have:)
 
It's the 3rd time this week that it's rained so hard it flooded the garage, and it's still going. Because the power is out and we are on a well there is no washing my Tupperware's from today, no ironing clothes for tomorrow, and I guess I need to preserve phone battery.

Ur back yard pics remind me of scenes from old school original karate kid for some reason
 
Ur back yard pics remind me of scenes from old school original karate kid for some reason

That's how I feel sometimes when my wife is Mr Miagi-ing me with chores back there.
 
Sucks about all the flooding; such a pain, especially if it starts ruining things :(

Workouts looking sick though, for sure!
 
Yesterday was an off day. Just too sore all over. I'm going to crush legs today, though. I'll keep my meals real clean..., until we get to the Christian concert tonight. My wife already mentioned she wants us to eat there. So... Hamburger? Whatever thy sell... It's Saturday, though, and with working out and yard work is probably still be at a deficit at 4,000.

Man, I used to give people a hard time for making small spelling errors, and I've noticed that since my eye surgery I make them in my phone ALL THE TIME, and fail to catch them. The screen is just so small, lol.

Anyway, sorry to anyone I used to jokingly pick-on for spelling errors. I have enrolled in the club.

Also, I'm not a fan of C&C protein. Add that to the list of everything but vanilla. Who has the best peanut butter? I want to try something I'll like...

Sucks about all the flooding; such a pain, especially if it starts ruining things :(

Workouts looking sick though, for sure!

Had another crazy one yesterday. Came home to tree limbs and debris everywhere. I'm ok with this, though. Is rather have a saturated yard and reservoir than go through a drought.

Thanks Hyde!
 
Lying Leg Curls 186.67

Set 1 : 50x10
Set 2 : 80x10
Set 3 : 140x10 (PR)
Set 4 : 125x10
Set 5 : 125x10
Set 6 : 110x10
Set 7 : 110x10

Barbell Squat 357


Set 1 : 45x5
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 185x10
Set 4 : 225x10
Set 5 : 275x6
Set 6 : 295x6
Set 7 : 315x4 (failed to hit 6; I don't think I was supposed to go so heavy on leg curls today, but whatever)
Set 8 : 335x1
Set 9 : 345x1

Hack Squat 297

Set 1 : 90x10
Set 2 : 180x10
Set 3 : 230x8
Set 4 : 270x3

- supposed to have been sets of 10, but my hamstrings were toast and the quads were starting to quit too.

Dumbbell Lunges 93.33
-1 leg at a time, alternated which leg went first.

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 60x10 (L leg collapsed on 6, had to take a breather before resuming)
Set 3 : Bx20 (R leg collapsed on 15; paused)

-Quads= toast

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 88.67

Set 1 : 50x8
Set 2 : 60x8
Set 3 : 70x8
Set 4 : 70x8

Seated Calf Raise 307.5
-two drop sets

1:
Set 1 : 205x15
Set 2 : 180x9
Set 3 : 135x6
Set 4 : 90x10
Set 5 : 45x20

2:
Set 6 : 180x12
Set 7 : 135x10
Set 8 : 90x12
Set 9 : 45x21
 
Speaking of stamina! Nice job on that PR! Beast!

What do you think of latest version of JeFit?
 
Speaking of stamina! Nice job on that PR! Beast!

What do you think of latest version of JeFit?

I think I like it.... We'll see. I noticed today that the calendar doesn't show any WO's from before the update. May just be a glitch, but all my records seem to be there under individual exercises.

I think it was a good call make it more social.

Thanks KP!
 
Very nice leg workout man!! Lots of good volume!
 
Well, I am so far behind on calories... Might refeed tomorrow. I spent 4 hours in the yard weed eating, trimming hedges, and pulling weeds and tree debris. I was sweating like CRAZY with the combustion. I think I popped 1.5 g water already.

I'm eating when I can. Being out in the sun, mixed with the combustion, has destroyed my appetite.

Very nice leg workout man!! Lots of good volume!

Thanks JDG!
 
Who all is at the concert? That should be lots of fun! You'll be able to eat guilt free knowing you desperately need lots of calories! I lol'd at the spelling comment! I catch myself too! We can't be "perfect" all the time right?! ;P As far as pb, you mean pb protein powder or natural pb?

Insanely sick leg workout!! So jealous! Great job!!!
 
Who all is at the concert? That should be lots of fun! You'll be able to eat guilt free knowing you desperately need lots of calories! I lol'd at the spelling comment! I catch myself too! We can't be "perfect" all the time right?! ;P As far as pb, you mean pb protein powder or natural pb?

Insanely sick leg workout!! So jealous! Great job!!!

So many good bands:
Invalid Link Removed

I just left... I think I accidentally took 4x DCP 2.0. I'm very irritable, and add that to getting into something in the yard my legs are itching like crazy. Oh well, today was a short concert anyway. Most of the bands are playing tomorrow.

Thanks Kat!
 
Oh, I meant PB protein.
 
Also, I'm not a fan of C&C protein. Add that to the list of everything but vanilla. Who has the best peanut butter? I want to try something I'll like...

I am half way through a tub of Giant Peanut Butter .. it is very tasty.

Edit: Just saw the leg workout.. your numbers are skyrocketing!
 
I am half way through a tub of Giant Peanut Butter .. it is very tasty.

Edit: Just saw the leg workout.. your numbers are skyrocketing!

Is this a protein shake?
 
Thanks Wasme!
 
So many good bands: Invalid Link Removed I just left... I think I accidentally took 4x DCP 2.0. I'm very irritable, and add that to getting into something in the yard my legs are itching like crazy. Oh well, today was a short concert anyway. Most of the bands are playing tomorrow. Thanks Kat!

Wow!! That's so cool!! Lots of great artist!!! Ugh oh! That doesn't sound good! I've od'd before too! Sucks! ;)
 
Is 345x1 a PR for you? It's >90% according to your calculator, getting very serious here indeed!

No. I think that total number is for the workout, not my overall 1RM. But, I'm not sure. I put up 365x1 either this year or the end of last. I was tempted to try it today, but the 335 felt so heavy, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to hit 345. One day soon I'll actually go for a max 1 and see where I'm at.

TBH, the 225 felt heavy. Those leg curls had me exhausted a little.

Wow!! That's so cool!! Lots of great artist!!! Ugh oh! That doesn't sound good! I've od'd before too! Sucks! ;)

I'm slowly starting to feel normal. Thank God it wasn't a stim. Lol
 
60s rests on everything.


Dumbbell Bench Press 114
-WUx10, sets of 8 till you fail

Set 1 : 35x10
Set 2 : 45x10
Set 3 : 60x8
Set 4 : 70x8
Set 5 : 80x8
Set 6 : 90x8
Set 7 : 90x4

Barbell Incline Bench Press 218.67
-sets of 6 till you fail

Set 1 : 135x6
Set 2 : 155x6
Set 3 : 175x6
Set 4 : 185x5
Set 5 : 205x2 (added)

Banded Bench 215.83
-5x5, same weight, don't hit failure.

Set 1 : 45x3
Set 2 : 185x5
Set 3 : 185x5
Set 4 : 185x5
Set 5 : 185x5
Set 6 : 185x5 (a guy assisted on the last rep)
Set 7 : 135x3 (5s pauses 1" from chest)

-used a stronger band this week.

Machine Fly 241.67

Set 1 : 130x20
Set 2 : 145x20

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 38.5

Set 1 : 10x15
Set 2 : 35x3 drop
Set 3 : 30x5
Set 4 : 30x8
Set 5 : 25x8
Set 6 : 25x8

Meadows Wide OHP 82.33
-4x10

Set 1 : 65x8
Set 2 : 60x10
Set 3 : 60x10
Set 4 : 60x10

Machine Reverse Flyes 217.5
-Squeeze on concentric

Set 1 : 145x15 PR
Set 2 : 130x12
Set 3 : 130x10
Set 4 : 130x8

Delt Destroyers 135

Set 1 : 45x60
Set 2 : 25x30
Set 3 : 15x10

I was so in the zone today. AGAIN! I have not had a bad workout since starting Combustion. Weak at times, sure, but I'm always connected to my lifts.
 
When you go to max on those squats, squat first. Or after one warmup exercise, going very light & staying far from failure, purely to warmup some. You'll be much stronger. And don't do it if you're feeling weak that day - if you don't believe you can lift it, you most likely won't.
 
When you go to max on those squats, squat first. Or after one warmup exercise, going very light & staying far from failure, purely to warmup some. You'll be much stronger. And don't do it if you're feeling weak that day - if you don't believe you can lift it, you most likely won't.

If my goal would be to hit 1 in the 370-400 range, how should I work up to it without exhausting my strength? Singles only with 30# increases, or...?
 
When I go above 400 I'll do somethin like

135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
405x1

And so on.
 
When I go above 400 I'll do somethin like

135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
405x1

And so on.


If I'm going to 405, & that was a true PR, mine would look like this:

Bar x10 crappy while I find my groove, 4-5 explosive full proper form (just like you had several hundred on your back)
135x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
345x1
375x1
405x1

If you think 375 is the target & 405 is too far, I'd add a 185x3-5 set. This is just me, personally. But counting the good set with the bar, this gives you 6 good practice sets before the shot at 375 for a PR. Even without the 185, that's 5 good chances to practice walking out, setting stance, tracing the motor pattern w/ progressive weights.

As you can see, it's very similar to jdg76's - jumping by plates then quarters. With a sub 400 target though, I like 20-30lb jumps instead of quarters because it dials in a more even split for me. If you believe you can really hit 405, I'd do 315, 365, & 405 like jdg76. If not as sure, 315, 345, 375, 405 works better for me.

Do what feels best to you, but remember you want as little volume as possible while having 5-7 walkouts before max (below 455, anyway).
 
When I go above 400 I'll do somethin like

135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
405x1

And so on.

If I'm going to 405, & that was a true PR, mine would look like this:

Bar x10 crappy while I find my groove, 4-5 explosive full proper form (just like you had several hundred on your back)
135x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
345x1
375x1
405x1

If you think 375 is the target & 405 is too far, I'd add a 185x3-5 set. This is just me, personally. But counting the good set with the bar, this gives you 6 good practice sets before the shot at 375 for a PR. Even without the 185, that's 5 good chances to practice walking out, setting stance, tracing the motor pattern w/ progressive weights.

As you can see, it's very similar to jdg76's - jumping by plates then quarters. With a sub 400 target though, I like 20-30lb jumps instead of quarters because it dials in a more even split for me. If you believe you can really hit 405, I'd do 315, 365, & 405 like jdg76. If not as sure, 315, 345, 375, 405 works better for me.

Do what feels best to you, but remember you want as little volume as possible while having 5-7 walkouts before max (below 455, anyway).

Thanks to both of you, and I'm going to aim for 405 on Friday, but taking the route only expecting to hit 375.

What do the rest times look like?

And, just out of curiosity, what would change if you go above 455?
 
Screw that!! You hit 405!!! Don't ever "expect" to do less when you have a goal! I'm on my phone or I'd give you the flipping off emoticon
:p
 
Screw that!! You hit 405!!! Don't ever "expect" to do less when you have a goal! I'm on my phone or I'd give you the flipping off emoticon
:p

Lol. I like you...

405 it tiz.
 
Screw that!! You hit 405!!! Don't ever "expect" to do less when you have a goal! I'm on my phone or I'd give you the flipping off emoticon
:p

He's right - I didn't mean cut your losses, I meant call a wait you truly believe you can conquer if you're willing to grind it out & promise yourself I CAN, I WILL! while you do it. If you can tell by your training that that number is 390, don't try 405 - and don't take 385. Load up 390 & give it hell.
 
What do the rest times look like?

And, just out of curiosity, what would change if you go above 455?

I've only squat 463 in comp, so I can't really speak from experience above that. That being said, the stronger an athlete becomes the more likelihood he's gonna need more warmups to get to his work sets. Most guys won't jump more than a plate/side per set no matter how strong they get. 135, 225, 315, 405, 495, 585, etc.
 
Back
Top