BOXING

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Its hard to say, I remember people thinking Mosley for going to destroy Mayweather and that didnt really end too well after the first couple rounds.

Can we really say Canelo is too big? Well, he was too big and Mayweather fought him and thats that lol

Mayweather is just a great defensive boxer. Dunno if GOAT but he is pretty good.

Who else did he beat? DeLeyoha (past his prime of course,) Cotto, Juan Manual Marquez, Judah, Gatti, a few other solid fighters.

I wish he had more under his belt and in different time periods thats for sure.

I like Manny P. more than Mayweather though. 1 of the few matches of what if it took place when it was supposed to take place.
I think Mayweather is outstanding and could have beaten any of the guys he beat in their respective primes. But, he didn't fight any of them either in their primes or before they were shopworn. He's the best matchmaker of all time, not the best fighter. Had he fought Margarito when Margarito was peaking, I predict he'd have been run out of the ring. Instead he retires for 2 years and comes back and fights a fat Juan Manuel Marquez where Mayweather deliberately missed weight and made no attempt to lose it rather paid a few bucks to Marquez. Not even bringing up his domestic abuse history, he is a total piece of ****.

Reactions: ax1

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hope you guys watched Taylor v Ramirez tonight. Terrific fight. Boxing won the day even though the UFC main event was good too. I thought it was a close fight and the knockdowns clinched it for Taylor which is what all 3 judges thought as well. Taylor kind of took his foot off the gas after the knockdowns and it almost cost him. Two solid guys in the ring did boxing proud.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you guys watched Taylor v Ramirez tonight. Terrific fight. Boxing won the day even though the UFC main event was good too. I thought it was a close fight and the knockdowns clinched it for Taylor which is what all 3 judges thought as well. Taylor kind of took his foot off the gas after the knockdowns and it almost cost him. Two solid guys in the ring did boxing proud.
I read the first sentence and stopped reading in case you made a spoiler. Be careful with spoilers over here, I often watch good matches a few days later when I have more time but always let me know.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I read the first sentence and stopped reading in case you made a spoiler. Be careful with spoilers over here, I often watch good matches a few days later when I have more time but always let me know.
Sorry dude. I'll note spoiler going forward.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn...I missed this one!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh its all good no worries...Im actually glad you pointed the fight out missed that one, just got it in for breakfast. I managed to ignore the rest of your post so that was a close call, lol

It was a nice fight, both fighters were enjoyable to watch and would love to see both of them again.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do usually avoid this thread in the past after a big fight was on until I watched it.....often I make an effort to avoid all sport websites, and if its something like Mayweather fighting I even skip any mainstream news until I catch up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its hard to say, I remember people thinking Mosley for going to destroy Mayweather and that didnt really end too well after the first couple rounds.

Can we really say Canelo is too big? Well, he was too big and Mayweather fought him and thats that lol

Mayweather is just a great defensive boxer. Dunno if GOAT but he is pretty good.

Who else did he beat? DeLeyoha (past his prime of course,) Cotto, Juan Manual Marquez, Judah, Gatti, a few other solid fighters.

I wish he had more under his belt and in different time periods thats for sure.

I like Manny P. more than Mayweather though. 1 of the few matches of what if it took place when it was supposed to take place.
i'm not a fan of floyd both in and out of the ring, but like you i have to give him credit for being one of the best defensive boxers of all time--the only one i can think of is who is in floyds league is roy jones... in his prime, roy was almost untouchable. but roy was a lot more exciting to watch than floyd, imo.