Boxing: to cycle or not?

B

bigbb123

Awards
Hey guys,

So heres my dilemma. Im not a bodybuilder but rather an amatuer boxer and i hope to go pro next year. I am very prone to mpb, even daa agravtes it. I use rogaine, toco, etc to control it.
I need to train at least twice a day for the next few months and i like to do a cycle of test e 350 to 500 mg a week for 10 weeks. How do you think this will affect my performance and recovery? Test e is all i have acess to, not halotestin or anything else like that, just test and ancilliaries for pct. should i just stick to daa and erase or should i go for it? Im 6'2 210 lbs 15 percent bodyfat, 24 years old. No other medical conditions. Have done a couple of havoc cycles before thats it. Thanks in advance

T

Thomasxavier

Awards
Why no finasteride?

Test is obviously going to boost your recovery and performance. I've seen studies done where the average person who was administered around the 500mg a week dose ended up gaining 17 lbs of muscle, without even working out... but I'm sure a fair amount of that was lost after.

You don't get drug tested? And that's a waste to not work out while you use it

B

bigbb123

Awards
I do workout, but mainly olympic, calisthenics, endurance stuff. I dont need to gain mass per se but if i do why not. And no drug test

H

henryhavoc

Awards
Might as well cycle now if you plan on going pro later. Test will shred body fat, add muscle mass, increase endurance, i.e. make you stronger faster and better. Get it done while you can!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you know you won't make pro without this then you pretty well have to, but realize that if you're getting tested once you're pro it's gonna be crappy knowing you now HAVE to train naturally or risk losing your contracts. I mean you can use now, it will benefit you, you've cycled before. Just food for thought really.

B

bigbb123

Awards
If you know you won't make pro without this then you pretty well have to, but realize that if you're getting tested once you're pro it's gonna be crappy knowing you now HAVE to train naturally or risk losing your contracts. I mean you can use now, it will benefit you, you've cycled before. Just food for thought really.
Agreed my man. Il have to very sneaky about my usage if i go pro lol. My biggest fear os conceiving later in life and hair loss. Finasteride is an option, but it has been known to cause androgen receptor mutation in some, among other nasty side effects so im staying away. However, i would be ugly as **** bald so i dunno lol. What about pumps and increased blood pressure and rbc count? Will those hinder my performance? Im told test my decrease endurance, tho that sounds like b.s to me. Also, what additional supplements can i take oncycle to increase muscular and anerobic endurance?

B

bigbb123

Awards
Might as well cycle now if you plan on going pro later. Test will shred body fat, add muscle mass, increase endurance, i.e. make you stronger faster and better. Get it done while you can!
Im so tempted haha, i need all that you mentioned above! Allthough i imagine training again once the cycle is over will suck ass.

B

bigbb123

Awards
Last question guys: what would you reccomemd for a cycle dosage and duration for my particular goals?

T

Thomasxavier

Awards
500-600mg a week is good for a test cycle. Some people go up to 1g a week but for the life of me I'm not really sure at all why that is necessary, as I am on week 5.5 of my 12 week test cyp cycle and I'm already up about 14 lbs.

And finasteride causing androgen receptor mutations? WTF? Can you post a scientific study regarding that? Sounds ludicrous. Only real side effect I've heard of is it kills your sex drive... but that can be reversed using high doses of test and / or SERMs. Someone on this board even testified to fixing their sex drive after YEARS of finasteride use using clomid

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
500-600mg a week is good for a test cycle. Some people go up to 1g a week but for the life of me I'm not really sure at all why that is necessary, as I am on week 5.5 of my 12 week test cyp cycle and I'm already up about 14 lbs.

And finasteride causing androgen receptor mutations? WTF? Can you post a scientific study regarding that? Sounds ludicrous. Only real side effect I've heard of is it kills your sex drive... but that can be reversed using high doses of test and / or SERMs. Someone on this board even testified to fixing their sex drive after YEARS of finasteride use using clomid
The dude isn't looking for a BB cycle; 250-375mg/week would be plenty for increased recovery and endurance. However, the major red flag that I saw was 15% BF, which is extremely high for a boxer. OP, you need to adjust your training and nutrition plan first before embarking into AAS.

T

Thomasxavier

Awards
The dude isn't looking for a BB cycle; 250-375mg/week would be plenty for increased recovery and endurance. However, the major red flag that I saw was 15% BF, which is extremely high for a boxer. OP, you need to adjust your training and nutrition plan first before embarking into AAS.
Yeah this is true.

And last I had heard, doesn't a dose around what you listed cause fat loss better than 500-600, at which point bloat takes effect?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very good response. Hell, I put on 8-10lbs in just over 3 months on a 125mg a week TRT dose with hard training and decent diet. The biggest thing you will notice is recovery. What used to maybe take your body 2-3 days of rest to recover from, can be fresh again in 24 hours. All of which allows you to train harder and more often.

It kills me that people think you need to use 250+ mg of test to see great results. It just screams laziness to me.

B

bigbb123

Awards
Very good response. Hell, I put on 8-10lbs in just over 3 months on a 125mg a week TRT dose with hard training and decent diet. The biggest thing you will notice is recovery. What used to maybe take your body 2-3 days of rest to recover from, can be fresh again in 24 hours. All of which allows you to train harder and more often.

It kills me that people think you need to use 250+ mg of test to see great results. It just screams laziness to me.
Great responses guys thank you. Im gunna go with 250 a week since thats what the amps come in. Yes my bodyfat is high, it needs to drop sub 10 and fast. Im working on it. My diet needs to be dialed in and i need more cardio. Im skilled, im just not in shape. Any advice on how to stop the hairloss besides fin?

B

bigbb123

Awards
How does bloat hinder FAT loss?
What kind of fat loss can be expected? My biggest issue is recovery. Its so hard to fit in cardio, strength training, sparring, skills training all into a week without feeling dead or any of the sessions lacking because of lack of proper recovery from the other. This is whats hindering the fat loss.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of fat loss can be expected? My biggest issue is recovery. Its so hard to fit in cardio, strength training, sparring, skills training all into a week without feeling dead or any of the sessions lacking because of lack of proper recovery from the other. This is whats hindering the fat loss.
I think it's more of a diet thing than a recovery issue not to mention that diet is HUGE for recovery.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Concentrate on diet and then gym time. Your fat loss in the gym will be negated with a poor diet.

B

bigbb123

Awards
Update:

So i started my cycle, shaved my head, and said **** it to hair loss.

Its as follows:

Week 1-10 375 mg test e
Week 2-10 250 iu hcg twice a week
Week 1-10 .5mg adex e4d
Then start pct week 13 clomid/natty test booster
I

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should work swell on such a low dose of test, and you shouldn't blow up either just get some great recovery and a bit of lean mass for keeps. Train hard and get the most out of it.