Boston Strongman Gym?

Rocky7

Awards
I used to train at Poloquin Performance Center and also 180 Sports and Fitness in Wilmington, MA.
Both of which were owned by Art McDermott.
I am now about to be a college graduate and living in South Boston. I've been looking for a gym that can offer strongman-like training. The only thing I am coming across in Boston is CrossFit, which is a combination between lifting and gymnastics. It also costs over $200 per Mo. if you want to take it serious..

Does anyone know a gym in the Boston area that offers the strongman-like style lifting (flipping tires, etc.) at a reasonable price?
I'm looking for intense/unique lifting routines to promote serious strength and fitness gains.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey man, I train out in Bellerica but Wilmington is closer for me. How are those two gyms? Atmosphere? Good equipment? Bars? Bands/chains? Reverse hyper?

Sorry I can't help ya with your gym situation. Go to powerlifting watch's website-they have a good list for this area.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to train at Gold's in Southie. Total Performance Sports in Everett is an amazing gym and was voted one of the best in the country at some point. It's great for strongman training. Their website shows a lot of the facility and what they offer.

There's a good powerlifting gym on the south shore as well.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How often are you looking to train pure strongman and how far are you willing to drive? In South Windsor CT is Lightning Fitness, which is a true strong man facility with yolks, tires up to 900, atlas stones up to 450, the axle, a 500 pound dumbbell, etc. I know a few competitive strong man who go there every Saturday to work on the event lifts. You can see some of it in my log, in the video's of the farmers walk, stone to shoulder, and medley.

Br

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CT is def too far for me because of my job although it sounds great. Everett is definetly doable since I may be moving around there. OP I think there's one powerlifting gym in Boston I saw on PL'ing watch

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that looks awesome man

have you ever been to Flex Appeal? looks like a hole in the wall supp shop, haven't been in it yet
I haven't either. I'm rarely anywhere around there.

johnman21

johnman21

Awards
How often are you looking to train pure strongman and how far are you willing to drive? In South Windsor CT is Lightning Fitness, which is a true strong man facility with yolks, tires up to 900, atlas stones up to 450, the axle, a 500 pound dumbbell, etc. I know a few competitive strong man who go there every Saturday to work on the event lifts. You can see some of it in my log, in the video's of the farmers walk, stone to shoulder, and medley.

Br
That would be amazing to have something like this where i live!!