Boron in Viron?

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Is the actual amount of boron in viron 40mg for 2 caps, or is it 40mg yeilding 3mg? 40mg seems high to me for 2 caps.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Is the actual amount of boron in viron 40mg for 2 caps, or is it 40mg yeilding 3mg? 40mg seems high to me for 2 caps.
Post up a picture of the label. I definitely have to assume it's 3 mg, because I think at upwards of 20mg boron becomes toxic and dangerous.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
on SSS it shows as 10mg per pill. on BLR it shows 20mg per pill. so I'm guessing the newest one has 20mg per pill

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what ever it is i would assume its either 200mg yielding 20mg OR 100mg yielding 10mg.

Ive done 20mg .. not a heavy dose .. actually a studied dose .. as to which label is right? unsure if there was a v2 out or not

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
what ever it is i would assume its either 200mg yielding 20mg OR 100mg yielding 10mg.

Ive done 20mg .. not a heavy dose .. actually a studied dose .. as to which label is right? unsure if there was a v2 out or not
I could be wrong but I think you guys are all mistaken, 20 mg is the upper tolerable range. At that dose is where it becomes toxic and dangerous. Every thing I've ever seen on boron for the purposes we use it is 3-6mg 2x per day
Screenshot_20220106-100528~2.png
Screenshot_20220106-100656~2.png

Attachments

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
maybe getting mixed up with boron vs boron citrate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Idk but I just looked through about 20 different web pages and articles on boron and all of them say 20 mg is the dose that should not be exceeded.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take it back looks like I was doing 200mg which equates to 10mg active boron ( split morning night ).. I remember the studies were done at 11mg where it showed stronger bones, better test results

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
It does say boron citrate. The label says 1 cap is 20mg though. And certain sites list viron as 10mg per cap. I just want to know so i can figure out if I want to take more or less of the citrate.

Attachments

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2 types of boron - these labels lists the % and where its coming from.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It does say boron citrate. The label says 1 cap is 20mg though. And certain sites list viron as 10mg per cap. I just want to know so i can figure out if I want to take more or less of the citrate.
it probably used to be 10mg is my guess. you could ask SSS support if theirs is actually 10mg

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There is a thread all about Boron somewhere else (too lazy to link).

This is what happens when you have companies who don't label properly. The CEL and NOW ones above shows how it should be done so as to not have any confusion.

As a general rule when a company doesn't list extract % or label things well it is best to assume you are probably getting the lowest possible in the situation (to save costs), but I'd also say if you can't trust or figure out a label probably better to just use something that does make sense.

I'd just assume it is 20mg Boron Citrate and therefore at 10% so 2mg active Boron (if you feel it is worth making assumptions).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe we can find a company rep, but if that's 20 active milligrams then I wouldn't touch it.

But I highly doubt it's 20 active milligrams if I had to take a guess it's 20 mg supplying "2 mg" of active boron

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

This is what happens when you have companies who don't label properly. The CEL and NOW ones above shows how it should be done so as to not have any confusion.

As a general rule when a company doesn't list extract % or label things well it is best to assume you are probably getting the lowest possible in the situation (to save costs), but I'd also say if you can't trust or figure out a label probably better to just use something that does make sense.

I'd just assume it is 20mg Boron Citrate and therefore at 10% so 2mg active Boron (if you feel it is worth making assumptions).
^^^^this^^^^

I would assume the same

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

found it >>https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/great-lecture-on-boron.312066

going thru that thread .. its pretty funny lol

@Fcs81 OP hope all this helps

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
found it >>https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/great-lecture-on-boron.312066

Lol thanks bro. Looks like viron has 10mg of active boron per cap. Which makes sense because if its as good as Brundel says, if it was only 3mg for 2 caps,it wouldn't have much effect. And 40mg for two caps seems overkill.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sooo, at 2 caps a day it's giving you 20 mg of active boron???

Because 20 mg is the dose where it becomes toxic. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Would that being said I use viron back in the day when it first came out more than once and I never had a problem with it.

I've actually never had a problem with any of their products

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards

Because 20 mg is the dose where it becomes toxic. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Would that being said I use viron back in the day when it first came out more than once and I never had a problem with it.

[/QUOT

It can get confusing on what exactly is toxic, but based on certain sources,like the video above,a adult would have to consume "50 grams" not 20mg to be toxic. Which would make sence considering all the people that have used viron.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Go look through WebMD and all the medical journals and everything that's legit and they will all tell you 20 mg is the upper limit where it becomes toxic

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I absolutely 100% and not saying that viron contains a toxic dose. But I am 100% saying that 20 mg is the medically stated upper limit for toxicity

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
20 mg is the toxicity line
Lol if thats true were all screwed because most people who take boron take 2 caps. But watch the doctors video. Its very informative. Interesting information about Jamaica soil and Israel.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lol if thats true were all screwed because most people who take boron take 2 caps. But watch the doctors video. Its very informative. Interesting information about Jamaica soil and Israel.
I'm not interested in those videos if they contradict all the legit backed up medical information. You're also missing the point of what I'm saying. I did not say viron contains a toxic dose, I think there's some confusion on the dose that it actually contains or something like that. Also 6 mg two times a day is the dose that's going to raise your free testosterone and do all the other things that it would be environ for so I don't see any reason why they would put more than that in the product when there's no added benefit. Maybe brundel will come in here and clear this up because I'm a little confused myself but all the legit medical data that I've ever seen is 20 mg flat out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also my phone keeps auto correcting normal words into weird stuff lol

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
I'm not interested in those videos if they contradict all the legit backed up medical information. You're also missing the point of what I'm saying. I did not say viron contains a toxic dose, I think there's some confusion on the dose that it actually contains or something like that. Also 6 mg two times a day is the dose that's going to raise your free testosterone and do all the other things that it would be environ for so I don't see any reason why they would put more than that in the product when there's no added benefit. Baby Brenda will come in here and clear this up because I'm a little confused myself but all the legit medical data that I've ever seen is 20 mg flat out
The video is medical backed information 🙄

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The world health organization sets the safe acceptable range at 1-13 mg per day of boron citrate, and 20 mg being the danger zone white all the potential side effects I listed earlier. Give me a minute and I'll check out the other thing you posted

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's 40min long and going to take some solid paying attention so I'm gonna hold off till after dinner tonight for thàt but il check it out.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
The world health organization sets the safe acceptable range at 1-13 mg per day of boron citrate, and 20 mg being the danger zone white all the potential side effects I listed earlier. Give me a minute and I'll check out the other thing you posted
Im not going against what the world health organization says, but 20mg sounds pretty low to me to be toxic. Especially when in certain countries its easy to get that from food and water supply.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
It's 40min long and going to take some solid paying attention so I'm gonna hold off till after dinner tonight for thàt but il check it out.
You can even skim through it. Most of what he talks about he puts on the white board so you can read it alao.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I didn't watch the video yet as I'm bout to eat dinner but I did find this.

1 cap of viron contains 10mg of elemental boron.

Now does anyone know the difference between elemental boron and boron citrate?

Boron citrate is the one that keeps coming up with 20 mg being the toxicity upper limit.

The confusion could be in the conversion between these two

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im not going against what the world health organization says, but 20mg sounds pretty low to me to be toxic. Especially when in certain countries its easy to get that from food and water supply.
This is where the confusion is, I gotta go back through the video again but I don't believe there talking about citrate so we gotta do conversion.

You said especially when certain countries is easy to get that from food and the water supply but no it isn't, the average person only consumes 0.5-1.5mg per day. I think your confusing different measures. The numbers you were hearing only contain a very small amount of boron citrate. 100mg might only contain 5 active milligrams of citrate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If there was a country where they were getting an average of 20 mg or more then the large majority of that country's men would be having fertility issues, their whole population would be very sick as well. They might be eating 20mg and supplementing with 100-200 but it's not 20,100 or 200 of active boron citrate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At the end of the day who really cares lol. I don't care enough to keep searching about boron. (Tho I am gonna skim through the video again)

I know the world health organization's numbers are accurate, and I know brundles product is not going to kill anybody because he doesn't have a toxic dose in there, we're missing somewhere but it's not important enough to me to spend any more time on other then skimming back through that video

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If someone does find out the difference between elemental boron and boron citrate tho, please tag me. I couldn't seem to find that information anywhere and it's driving me a little nuts lol

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If someone does find out the difference between elemental boron and boron citrate tho, please tag me. I couldn't seem to find that information anywhere and it's driving me a little nuts lol
I believe the ratio of boron citrate to boron is 20 to 1. In other words, I believe 100mg of boron citrate yieds 5 mg of boron.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I believe the ratio of boron citrate to boron is 20 to 1. In other words, I believe 100mg of boron citrate yieds 5 mg of boron.
No, its not that simple, there's an extract percentage that determines that, so one product may have 100 mg that yields 5 mg but another product might have 100 mg that only yields 1 mg. The product in question (viron) contains 20mg that yields 10mg of elemental boron, which I would have to assume elemental boron is just supposed to be boron.

I changed my mind, please no one tag me back in here again, if I hear myself say the word boron or I type it one more time I'm going to shoot myself in the head lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have to correct myself because I'm sure it will come up at some point. And my OCD is killing me

The toxic dose for boron citrate was not 20mg, that's the toxic dose for boric acid (which is still boron)

But this doesn't solve anything. There's like 20 different ways they refer to boron and the mg representation is never the actual amount of mg.

Knowing this it still "looks" like this product viron contains a toxic "which obviously we know it is NOT toxic", dose if there 20mg of citrate gives 10 mg elemental boron (elemental boron dose should represent the same mg as boric acid) I know either I'm making a mistake somewhere still or there is another conversion.

We know this product has 20mg of citrate=10mg elemental boron
But is there another conversion to boric acid?

Say 20mg boron citrate=10mg of active boron=??mg of boric acid..... In this scenario it would make sense that the lecture we watched has numbers so different then the world health organization and all the toxicology reports.

So now I'm gonna do what I should have done a long time ago and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it.

@brundel can you please give us a quick explanation of whatever it is we're missing here. We know your product does not contain a toxic dose of boron, but we also see tons of stuff saying 20 is toxic and dangerous (but even tho they say boron, they mean boric acid)

Why am I so confused here lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude it’s not that complicated. It’s explained in that last thread about boron. It’s how chemistry works.

When referring to Boron in studies it’s usually going to be referring to the elemental amount (ie 3mg for this effect 10mg for that 20mg is upper limit etc). The same with magnesium (when people recommend 400mg it’s the elemental amount they are referring to).

But you can’t just put that in a pill you won’t just “find” Boron or Magnesium or Calcium or these minerals in that state they’ll be bonded to something (boron citrate, magnesium glycinate, calcium carbonate, etc.). Cutting here to not get off track…

The reason you are confused is because of companies with shitty labeling. Boron citrate will always be at 10% that’s just how the science works. 20mg boron citrate will never give you 10mg of boron. (edit: not 10% but 5%)

This is why this industry can be trash at times and why people are often so confused so don’t take this negatively!

Hope that helps.

Hope I don’t have to deal with a Boron thread every year. 😂

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also I think it’s partly you mixing terminology. Upper tolerable limit doesn’t just mean immediate toxic issues and can depend on the ingredient in question as well. The acute toxicity with Boron was decently high so overdosing was pretty rare (if I recall I’m not some expert on boron 😂😭😂😭).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also I think it’s partly you mixing terminology. Upper tolerable limit doesn’t just mean immediate toxic issues and can depend on the ingredient in question as well. The acute toxicity with Boron was decently high so overdosing was pretty rare (if I recall I’m not some expert on boron 😂😭😂😭).
No I understand that part, to be perfectly honest, I don't really care about any of this. But I stuck my nose in where I didn't need to. Then I mixed up some words and confused a few ppl and in return ended up confusing myself.

I almost let it go, but last night Adam Sandler came to me in a dream in the form of Billy Madison. He started talking about chlorophyll and then a giant penguin started following me around and said I need to figure out boron or I won't pass High school and inherit the company.🤷

So here I am

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Im not concerned with viron being toxic, because I highly doubt that's the case. The reason I have questions is because I want to know if I am getting the effective dose of boron to optimize testosterone levels. If I need to take some extra boron with the viron its not a big deal.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Dude it’s not that complicated. It’s explained in that last thread about boron. It’s how chemistry works.

When referring to Boron in studies it’s usually going to be referring to the elemental amount (ie 3mg for this effect 10mg for that 20mg is upper limit etc). The same with magnesium (when people recommend 400mg it’s the elemental amount they are referring to).

But you can’t just put that in a pill you won’t just “find” Boron or Magnesium or Calcium or these minerals in that state they’ll be bonded to something (boron citrate, magnesium glycinate, calcium carbonate, etc.). Cutting here to not get off track…

The reason you are confused is because of companies with shitty labeling. Boron citrate will always be at 10% that’s just how the science works. 20mg boron citrate will never give you 10mg of boron.

This is why this industry can be trash at times and why people are often so confused so don’t take this negatively!

Hope that helps.

Hope I don’t have to deal with a Boron thread every year. 😂
So it would be 200mg of boron citrate to get 10mg of boron?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 4
Supplements 0
Supplements 15
Supplements 5