Boron citrate dosage?

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a bottle of boron citrate I’ve read it only contains 5mg per 100mg of active boron, my questions is if my bottle has 5mg pills of boron citrate how many do I take to get 10mg of active boron?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a bottle of boron citrate I’ve read it only contains 5mg per 100mg of active boron, my questions is if my bottle has 5mg pills of boron citrate how many do I take to get 10mg of active boron?
2 caps

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do appreciate being careful but in Boron studies we are talking aboit active Boron.
Dr.Reza Naghii who ran studies on Boron decades said it does not matter where it comes from (Boron Citrate, sodium tetraborate decahydrate etc) as long as we know the % of active Boron.

Example a study on Boron and Osteoarthritis they used 55mg Sodium tetraborate decahydrate (6mg active/elemental Boron).
In another Boron study they used 102.6mg sodium tetraborate decahydrate (11,4 active/elemental Boron).

As you can see , in Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate, its about 11% active Boron.
Boron CItrate is Boron with Citric Acid. So taking 200mg Boron Citrate (5% Active Boron) is 10mg Boron (the dose Dr Naghii used in some of his studies where we saw testosterone increasing effect) and rest is Citric Acid.

The study you are showing where Dr.Naghii was involved, they used 10mg of Boron from sodium tetraborate.
From the study:
The boron supplements were pre-
pared from sodium tetraborate - containing 10 mg of boron.

From the email I got from Dr.Naghii/some.of his words: (to prove it completely):
"The boron content of Borax (Sodium tetraborate decahydrate) is 11.3 per cent." (I said about 11% which is correct)
" 25–30 mg of borax provides about 3 mg of boron. As used in postmenopausal women study" (as an example).

So like I said, we need to look for % /mg of active Boron. To get 10mg active Boron like they used in one of the studies, we need 100+mg Burax (Sodium tetraborate decahydrate or 200mg Boron Citrate where 5% of it is Active Boron).
I didn’t want to bring this up in the last thread but it seems as if this was never answered.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
New nitraflex has 200mg boron citrate per scoop

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 4