Borderlands 3

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So BL3 just dropped today at 7pm EST. So who preordered and has fired it up to play a bit? What do you think? I preordered it but after firing it up and seeing my FPS at 21 on one of the lower settings I quickly said nope and ordered an external graphics card. Even my pretty solid gaming rig didn’t like the badass graphic settings. Looks amazing though

Let’s try to avoid spoilers here but I’m interested in what people think about it

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I caught some sort of flu or cold while traveling last week, so I've been confined to the couch and playing since Friday. I love it, but then I've always been a huge fan. They improved the shooting over BL2, but other than that they haven't screwed around with what works too much.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I caught some sort of flu or cold while traveling last week, so I've been confined to the couch and playing since Friday. I love it, but then I've always been a huge fan. They improved the shooting over BL2, but other than that they haven't screwed around with what works too much.
That’s good to hear, I’m currently waiting on a new 2070 Super card to come in the mail and my friend to finish his deployment so we can play together. Looks beautiful though and it seems like it’s pretty well thought out from the little bit I’ve seen

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just play on PS4 and it runs well. My wife is a PC gamer, so it works out that we don't overlap. I read one review that was complaining how similar it was to the past Borderlands, but that's what I want. I like the style and the characters, so no need to fix anything that isn't broken.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just play on PS4 and it runs well. My wife is a PC gamer, so it works out that we don't overlap. I read one review that was complaining how similar it was to the past Borderlands, but that's what I want. I like the style and the characters, so no need to fix anything that isn't broken.
I loved the old style and graphics, it looked beautiful on badass graphics but I was only getting 10fps lol. I’m glad they stuck to it and didn’t change anything graphics related. The graphics really make the game what it is in my opinion

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I loved the old style and graphics, it looked beautiful on badass graphics but I was only getting 10fps lol. I’m glad they stuck to it and didn’t change anything graphics related. The graphics really make the game what it is in my opinion
Couldn't agree more on the graphics. I'm loving it and trying to get in as much as I can before work starts tomorrow. I work from home so it's hard not to blow everything off! And not spoiling anything, but there are a lot of cameos and they kind of tie everybody in from past games.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Couldn't agree more on the graphics. I'm loving it and trying to get in as much as I can before work starts tomorrow. I work from home so it's hard not to blow everything off! And not spoiling anything, but there are a lot of cameos and they kind of tie everybody in from past games.
Dude I can’t wait if they actually took the time to bring everything together and tie up the strings

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s so hard not watching the videos coming out of the loot and where to find stuff etc. I do hope gibbed editor works on the game as well just so I can try stuff out and modify guns to see what works best

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s so hard not watching the videos coming out of the loot and where to find stuff etc. I do hope gibbed editor works on the game as well just so I can try stuff out and modify guns to see what works best
I had no idea what that even was lol. I do it the hard way :p

Definitely avoid any videos or articles if you don't like spoilers because there have been a couple surprises so far involving past game characters.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had no idea what that even was lol. I do it the hard way :p

Definitely avoid any videos or articles if you don't like spoilers because there have been a couple surprises so far involving past game characters.
Haha yeah I used gibbed for a bit to see what stuff works best with other stuff, like when I played as zero I used gibbed to look at damages with and without amp shields on various guns etc