Boo! Controlled Labs' Red Ghost Log *sponsored*

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to give a big thanks to Sean1332 and the rest of the Controlled Labs team for setting me up with a log of their new fat burner, Red Ghost
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458601698.460797.jpg

There is also a nice assortment of samples which I'm looking forward to using and will include reviews of in this log.

I've been cutting since Jan. 4 and have dropped about 24lbs from my New Years' high of 242. After slowing things down a bit for the past couple of weeks I'm ready to gear back up with Red Ghost. Workouts are to be a basic bodypart per day with chesticles twice a week. Calories are anywhere from 2200-2500 a day with a 40C/35P/25F split. After a quick view at the label, let's get this party started!
RedGhost-SF.jpg

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice brother! Subbed!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for tagging along e'erybody!
Starting pix
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458649855.482949.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458649864.878192.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458649875.265141.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458649884.716003.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458649894.900049.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Following! Looking in a pretty good place to start! Hope you enjoy the samples as well, and tell us all how the Ghost feels when you try it.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First impressions...

I started with 4 caps about 50 minutes PWO both yesterday and today. I'm going to go ahead and continue that dosing for the rest of the log.

My initial impressions of Red Ghost are kinda underwhelming. They aren't bad impressions. But the immediate effects seem a little less than other fat burners I've used. I'm breaking a sweat during my 10 minute cardio warmup which is good. My energy and focus is about the same as a cup of black coffee. Again, not bad, just not what I was expecting. Thus far I haven't noticed any hunger suppression outside of willpower. I'm hopeful that increases the longer I use the product. I am happy to note that unlike other burners I've used, my sleep has been pretty solid the past couple of nights. I believe a good night's sleep is important to a cut and I often have trouble sleeping through the night. So far that hasn't been the case with Red Ghost.

And the scale has already started moving down, so I'm liking this stuff!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458743945.369333.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458743959.637216.jpg

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yes. Quite positive thus far!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't want anyone to take my initial impressions as bad. They were based as much on my expectations as the actual performance of the product! The AM iOS app is telling me that the forum has disabled photo sharing from the app. So no pix of scales or anything today. But I did weigh in at 215.9lbs! Not bad considering I had deep dish pizza a couple nights ago! I did limit myself to 3 pieces and it was after a 5k run, but still, when cutting I'm borderline neurotic about that kind of stuff outside my normal Saturday night cheat.

Anyhow, I'd be 5-star happy with a solid 6-8lbs lost by the end of the log and it's looking very possible. My sweating was better and messier today and the energy on Red Ghost is proving sneakier than the last PWO I was using. It's getting me through 5:30am workouts with ease. Here's my past couple--

3/24
Warmup--Rope cable pullthrough--2x12x28lbs

All rests between sets are 15-30 secs. Rests between exercises are as long as it takes me to break down and set up.
Hang Clean and press--10x3x115
Seated db lat raise--6x5x35
Seated db front raise--5x6x25
Seated db shrug--3x10x35
Victory press--1x15x45,35

Tabatas
KB swings--40lbs
Battle Ropes--Assorted swings
Arc Trainer--20 minutes for 450 cals (according to machine [a2m])

3/25
Warmup--Rope cable face pull--2x12x84

All rests between sets are 15-30 secs. Rests between exercises are as long as it takes me to break down and set up.
Tbar row--10x3x160
1 arm cable row--6x5x84

Superset
Rope lat pulldown--3x6x84,2x6x96
Rope lat pullover--2x8x36,3x8x24

Deads--3x10x205
DB lever row--2x15x30

Tabata
Assisted pullups and dips--100lb counterweight

Arc Trainer for 22 minutes--500 cals burned (a2m)

Back was fried. I can still feel it 2 hours later. Another solid and scary Red Ghost workout!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang, sets of 5 and 6 on db raises... I feel like a set of 10 is HEAVY and usually can't get myself to go below 12 on them. I feel like a wimp lol

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha! It took some work on my part to start going heavier on them too. It's so easy to cheat on them when they're heavy that I've had to take to sitting while doing them. I'll throw some volume at my shoulders on other days, but muscle-wise I'm mainly looking to maintain for this log. I figure doing things across all rep ranges is a good way to do that.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I've been MIA in here. Had to go out of town for a small family emergency and I really hate posting anything besides pictures from my phone. I've been able to keep my calories mostly in check and do bodyweight workouts. I'm happy to say that my weight is holding at 215.4 despite being out of my element and I'm looking forward to getting the log back to normal in the next couple of days!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No worries my man. Family first. Looking forward to updates

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back on the scene this morning. I did not weigh myself but the skin around my stomach is looking nicely loose. Had 4 Red Ghost on an empty stomach and some MST RPG BCAAs to sip on through leg day. Overall I was happy with the enrgy (and to just be back in the gym!) but I was surprised at how log it took me to get a good sweat going. Here's today's damage report--

4/4
WarmUp
Stationary Bike-8 minutes for 100 cals burned (a2m)
Assisted PullUps and Dips--100lb tabata sesh

Alternating Leg ext--90lbs
Front squats/15 sec mtn climbers--5x6x165
Glute bridge/lower leg raise--5x6x155
Leg press--10x3x678
Glute ham raise--2x15x20

Arc Trainer--15 minutes for 368 cals (a2m)

Hit PRs on both the front squats and glute bridges which I was very happy about! Didn't really start sweat good until the front squats, though. Anyhow, it was a great workout and I'm thinking about throwing in some Green Mag for chest day tomorrow!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great progress so far bro!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah man...forgot to take the Green Mag yesterday. Trying to decide if i want to use it for shoulders or chesticles on Saturday. Otherwise had a strong workout and even ended up lifting more on incline than I planned (had trouble telling the difference between 25 and 35lb plates on one side. derp). The scale is staying the same, but damn if I don't look more vascular! More definition in my shoulders too. I believe I'm about halfway through the bottle. Now that I'm back into my normal routine I'm thinking that ending the log around 210-212 is in my sights!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got my macros for the past couple of days. Went over on cals a bit yesterday but only by 76. I'm not going to lose sleep about that.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460034790.335206.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460034801.816127.jpg

Weight this morning. I feel like I'm holding onto water. If this doesn't change by Monday, I'm going to increase my intake and see if I can get flushed out. Vascularity in my upper body is still looking better than at the start of the log. But hands are feeling tight and I feel like I have a slight double chin when I look down.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460034823.801317.jpg

Damage Report 4/7

WarmUp
Elliptical for about 8 minutes and 150 cals (a2m)
1 arm cable pullthroughs--25lbs ascending reps
Face Pulls--3x12x72lbs

(15-20 secs between supersets)
Clean and press/Mtn Climbers--5x3x120,125/30 steps

Db lat raise/BB shrug--5x6x35/5x10x275 (2 sets behind the back)

DB Victory press--2x15x35

1 arm KB swings--4x8x35lbs

Arc Trainer--16 minutes for 360 cals (a2m)

Had a really great workout. Sweat pouring and being generally beastly while people tried to stay out of my way. On to the White Pipes review!

Had both servings of Watermelon this morning!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460034836.168615.jpg

Taste--8/10. Watermelon is one of my least favorite flavors. White Pipes isn't too bad though. It's not over sweet like a Jolly Rancher and tastes more like real watermelon. But it's a stronger flavor than the fruit. I did like it!

Profile--9/10. It's simple and has two of my favorite pump ingredients, Cit Mal and Agma. I honestly don't have much experience with HydroMax. The only thing that kept this from being a 10 is that I don't like having to use 2 scoops to get an effective dose of the ingredients.

Mixability--10/10. In about 12oz of water there was a bit of chalky residue left on the sides of the glass. No clingers or grains though.

Effects--7/10. I'm a little mixed on this. My vascularity was down, but then again with my limited HydroMax experience I could be one of those people that puff up the first few times of using it. I'm thinking about picking up some GlycerGrow 2 if I find it for a good price to test this out. I don't feel like I got a pump in my shoulders or traps any different from using Red Ghost alone. My endurance felt great and I was able to crank out extra reps without pausing which I attribute to the Cit Mal and Agma. So White Pipes worked, but only in one of the two avenues it advertises as helping. Overall I would not buy it, but we all react differently and so you never know until you try it yourself!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460146170.777895.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460146186.510076.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the pipes review! Looks like scale keeps moving

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460235883.867266.jpg

Little more movement today! I think Red Ghost scared away that bloating I was having

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you got to give white pipes a try. Great updates dude

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you got to give white pipes a try. Great updates dude
Thanks! had a great workout on Saturday with White Rapids. I just haven't had a chance to really type up my thoughts on it.

Meanwhile, after a weekend of not cheating a whole heck'uva lot, my weight has crept back up to 216. WTF? I'm pretty sure I notched my belt to a new hole this morning so I'm not too perturbed about it. I believe I have about 10 days left of Red Ghost. I was just looking at the calendar and next week is my normally scheduled de-load. I'm wondering if a big drop will occur then?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't understand why my weight is bouncing around like this. But I'm cool with it as long as I'm dropping a pound or so a week! Had a great shoulders workout this morning. Hit a PR on Clean/Press!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460636087.911964.jpg

4/14
WarmUp
Elliptical--10 minutes for 182 cals burned (a2m)
Battle Ropes--8 rounds tabata style

Clean press/MTN Climbers--10x3x135/30 steps
Traffic jam (that's what I call it. Basically hold a plate out like a steering wheel and "steer" it back and forth. --2x30x35lb plate
Seated Db lat raise/front bb shrug--4x8x35/4x10x275
Victory Press/Rear delt raise--3x12x40s/3x12x20s

Finisher
Leaning cable lat raise--8x15,10x10,12x5 per arm

Arc Trainer--20 minutes for 476 cals burned (a2m)

Whew!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man it is flying off of you
Thanks, bro! It's just been odd that it seems to happen overnight lately. Weighed in at 216-216.5 M,T,W. Then today...boom! 212!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macros for the past couple of days...
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461068782.667367.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461068798.596959.jpg

Weighed in at 212.3 this morning. Not too bad considered I splurged a bit with pizza Saturday night. Started de-load yesterday. Full body workouts with 50% 1RPM and extra cardio. Not my cup of tea, but I'm feeling like I need it. As a recomp/cutting agent, Red Ghost is legit! I haven't felt much in the way of mood or libido boosting outside of "dem feelz" from looking in the mirror :wink1:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not a thing wrong with pizza splurges!

Things are lookin good man

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461165516.278533.jpg

Two days left... I really wish I had picked up an extra bottle earlier this month

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know. I saw that price a couple weeks ago and thought hard about it. This month has had a couple things where I just couldn't swing it. But maybe in a couple weeks

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know. I saw that price a couple weeks ago and thought hard about it. This month has had a couple things where I just couldn't swing it. But maybe in a couple weeks
That's almost ideal - taking a break from it for a couple weeks will definitely make it easy to see the effects come back in when you resume.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Final review time!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461524201.564858.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461524228.565035.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461524239.899326.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461524249.533630.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461524258.200748.jpg

That's 9lbs down and some before/afters that are really surprising even to me!

I think the effects of Red Ghost really speak for it. I admit that after the first couple of doses, I wasn't expecting more than a loss of 5-6lbs and I would have called that successful. But to drop 9lbs in a month puts this in my upper echelon of fat burners.

The recomp effects are what I think really shine in the pics. I didn't drop any strength and was able to go up in small increments from week to week.

Red Ghost didn't make me sweat extra buckets or particularly lift my mood levels (although I can be a little moody when cutting, so maybe it kept me even-keeled). But it will and does make a difference when added to a sensible nutrition plan and exercise program. Plus, the price is the best I believe you're going to find for a burner/recomp product of this caliber!

I originally wanted to give it a 4/5 because i don't feel it increased my sweating all that much. But, wow, that price at NP and the actual results make Red Ghost a solid 5/5 winner!

Thank you again to Sean1332 and Hyde for tagging along and selecting me to log! Just let me know where to drop a review. Tried at NP this morning but their links aren't acting right :thinking:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang 9lbs! Looking right man. Very pleased to know you're so pleased. You were a great logger! Thank you