Bodybuilding programs to compliment DC

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been on DC for a little over a year now. Several years of strength training before that. But I have never actually been on a pure bodybuilding program before. In fact I know little about bodybuilding. Other than hypertrophy being the key and approx 12 reps etc. I've never found DC to pack on mass much even with eating a lot. That's may be just me. Also my joints need a rest anyways. So I figured let's give a pure bodybuilding program a try for a while. I do well at diligently following a guide to the letter and tailoring only when necessary. So if you guys have any very detailed guides to throw my way that would be great. I'm 28 5'5" 170 lbs if that helps. Thanks

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dogcrapp training is for bodybuilders..... If you can't gain on it then you aren't experienced enough to he running it. I've seen great gains from it, clean diet and cardio on off days.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what they say. But I've seen strength gains but not much in weight. I went from 164 to 172 in about a year. Some of that is definitely fat. In either even my joints could still use a rest.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
how's your diet? you can be on a great program, but without enough food you wont gain much.

here is a tip, if you are trying to keep that 6 pack and eating only a few hundred calories over what you need, then double that. and not just over, double what you eat everyday.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually eat about 2500 to 3000 cals on working days. I stopped counting for the most part and just try to make sure I have at least 1.5 grams pro per lb. It's more than that but I use that as a starting. With a 40/40/20 styled diet. I use IF as the eating schedule and I cycle off carbs on off days. Sundays I WAS doing a carb refeed but I may make that a carb off day too. My working days usually look like this. I wake up slam a protein shake and a pwd. Hit the gym. When I'm done I immediately cram down some fast digesting carbs. I usually use low fat pop tarts but I've been using Nutragrain bars since they were on sale. Then I drink another protein shake. I go home make chicken and brown rice. Usually 24 Oz of chicken and about a cup and a half of rice. Later on in the day I'll have a couple of servings of natty pb. Off days is lean 90/10 beef with some cheddar and some pb. You get the gyst

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually eat about 2500 to 3000 cals on working days. I stopped counting for the most part and just try to make sure I have at least 1.5 grams pro per lb. It's more than that but I use that as a starting. With a 40/40/20 styled diet. I use IF as the eating schedule and I cycle off carbs on off days. Sundays I WAS doing a carb refeed but I may make that a carb off day too. My working days usually look like this. I wake up slam a protein shake and a pwd. Hit the gym. When I'm done I immediately cram down some fast digesting carbs. I usually use low fat pop tarts but I've been using Nutragrain bars since they were on sale. Then I drink another protein shake. I go home make chicken and brown rice. Usually 24 Oz of chicken and about a cup and a half of rice. Later on in the day I'll have a couple of servings of natty pb. Off days is lean 90/10 beef with some cheddar and some pb. You get the gyst
I would say actually count out your macros, carbs are anabolic, its best to be eating 300g+ (depending on how your body handles them) so you can utilize the power of carbs. If youre not gaining weight, or going very slowly, I would say it is that you are not eating enough, diet is 99% always the issue.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've gained weight I just feel it's more fat than muscle. But even that hasn't been much

I think I should clarify. I'm not saying DC doesn't work. I think it's awesome and I love it. I just wanna take a break from it. DC to my understanding is a strength/bodybuilding hybrid. I'm interested in trying just a pure bodybuilding routine for a break. Mostly just for my joints as I've stated. Some higher reps ya know

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took everyone's advice to heart. Been staying off IF for a while. Liking it so far. Still gained a bit of fat though. But I guess that's that's to. Be expected. Otherwise not bad. More energy at the lifts which is nice.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took everyone's advice to heart. Been staying off IF for a while. Liking it so far. Still gained a bit of fat though. But I guess that's that's to. Be expected. Otherwise not bad. More energy at the lifts which is nice.
From everything I've gathered from IF is, it's great protocol to stay lean but to add mass it's painstakingly slow and not very effective.

Once my competition days are past me it's something I may do. My work schedule works out perfect for it.