Bodybuilding/powerlifting

dan22

dan22

Awards
Lookin for a program to gain size, but at the same time increase all out strength... I wanna incorporate both, any ideas??

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/3/1 with an assistance template based off the Periodization Bible

WSB4SB

Layne Norton's PHAT if you're more into bodybuilding type stuff, but still want strength focused days.

Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
Cube Method is good too. My trainer has me on a variation of it.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
question, how do you do a variation of a program that has you vary it to fit your needs?

to me its like saying i drive a variation of a car. nope. its still a car. it may be made by a different manufacturer, it may be a different year, but its still a car, or a truck, or a van, etc. but notice how its still called car insurance even if you have a van or truck....

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By variation, I mean; the only thing I took from the Cube Method, recently, was the rotation of ME/DE/RE each week. I did not follow his sets/reps, nor did I follow his overload/underload supplemental work how he stated should be followed, thus: my own variation of it.

I get your point. I was only stating that I didn't follow it how it's written in the book exactly, in case the OP were to look into it. Not sure me sayin variation is either right or wrong.

Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
question, how do you do a variation of a program that has you vary it to fit your needs?

to me its like saying i drive a variation of a car. nope. its still a car. it may be made by a different manufacturer, it may be a different year, but its still a car, or a truck, or a van, etc. but notice how its still called car insurance even if you have a van or truck....
I do two heavy and one speed. Never a rep day. The fourth I use to train Strongman events specifically. But all of my accessory work is usually high rep, bodybuilder style. Hence, variation.

iddc

iddc

Awards
Lookin for a program to gain size, but at the same time increase all out strength... I wanna incorporate both, any ideas??
5/3/1 - simple and best of both worlds

ThorBara

ThorBara

Awards
Westside ! If you really want to focus on adding muscle size do max 3 and 5's instead of singles on Max Effort days.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reactive training system
Period

PILL

Awards

A lot of people will take a program and change it. For example, I used Layne Norton's PHAT training for six months, but omitted the lower body hypertrophy days because I am not interested in increasing the size of my legs.