Bodybuilding is the secret to getting in great shape. Thoughts?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Lets look at bodybuilding. Not only is the purpose of bodybuilding to change your body and make it better, but also its about adopting the lifestyle and healthy diet that comes with it.

I see so many people who join a gym and quit two months later. They join, and then they go there and they don't really have a plan in place. As a bodybuilder, and reading and learning what the lifestyle is all about, it lays out a plan for you to follow. By getting involved in bodybuilding and taking it seriously, you learn about macros and micronutrients. You learn that you must meet these numbers each and everyday. The lifestyle keeps you focused. If a person comes to me and asks me "How did you get to where you are?" I explain to them it just wasn't exercise or going on a diet. It was because I got involved in bodybuilding and it changed my lifestyle completely. Would I be counting macros and tracking stuff the way I do every single day if I wasn't into bodybuilding? More than likely NO.

Your thoughts on this? Would people in general if they got interested in bodybuilding instead of just joining gyms to walk on the treadmill, find that they get better results in the long term?

In my opinion you would find many more people having success and getting solid results.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brah why do you make a new thread each day talking down about everyone else at the gym??

Oh and for real I wouldn't necessarily consider bodybuilding to be the best avenue for most people to get in "shape" ( a pretty broad term depending on how you define it).

But glad you found something to help you make the changes in your life you needed! I just suggest you harness that energy to help others rather than continually looking down on them.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ ????

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to have to refute this statement. I've never leaned up quite as effectively from bodybuiling and weight training, as I have most recently from pushing my a** in the gym and doing fasted HIIT cardio 4x a week for 30 minutes. Weight training just doesn't do the job quite as effectively at getting in the best shape other than diet and hard cardio training.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm going to have to refute this statement. I've never leaned up quite as effectively from bodybuiling and weight training, as I have most recently from pushing my a** in the gym and doing fasted HIIT cardio 4x a week for 30 minutes. Weight training just doesn't do the job quite as effectively at getting in the best shape other than diet and hard cardio training.
It all depends on what "shape" you're looking to achieve.