Body Fat Problems

Chefboyardrew

Chefboyardrew

Awards
I'm having Trouble Losing Body Fat. I'm also Losing Muscle While Gaining Strength. I've been dieting heavy and lost six pounds since the last time I went on the Inbody(Bodyfat, Muscle Mass, etc) Machine. I considered this an accomplishment. Six pounds of weight loss in one month. But the personal trainer who ran the test said that my diet is trash and that I need to work out more. I am at 33.6% body fat at the moment. He told me that I am holding my weight well though since I don't look like my body fat is that high.

I believe that I eat mostly healthy. I cook a large pot of vegetables about once a week. It will usually have multi- colored vegetables for micronutrients. It will usually have red, green, orange, yellow, and white vegetables in it(onions). I also cook them in olive oil and garlic. I also use MyFitnessPal and eat around 2100 calories a day. I aim to get to around 175 lbs. I'm using a calorie calculator. It says that you multiply your Goal Body Weight(175) times 12 and the amount you get (2100) is the amount of calories you should eat a day.

I also eat around 80 to 160 grams of protein a day. I am getting stronger in the gym. I am lifting more weight. But for some reason, I lost 2.4 grams of skeletal muscle mass. Any Ideas?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm having Trouble Losing Body Fat. I'm also Losing Muscle While Gaining Strength. I've been dieting heavy and lost six pounds since the last time I went on the Inbody(Bodyfat, Muscle Mass, etc) Machine. I considered this an accomplishment. Six pounds of weight loss in one month. But the personal trainer who ran the test said that my diet is trash and that I need to work out more. I am at 33.6% body fat at the moment. He told me that I am holding my weight well though since I don't look like my body fat is that high.

I believe that I eat mostly healthy. I cook a large pot of vegetables about once a week. It will usually have multi- colored vegetables for micronutrients. It will usually have red, green, orange, yellow, and white vegetables in it(onions). I also cook them in olive oil and garlic. I also use MyFitnessPal and eat around 2100 calories a day. I aim to get to around 175 lbs. I'm using a calorie calculator. It says that you multiply your Goal Body Weight(175) times 12 and the amount you get (2100) is the amount of calories you should eat a day.

I also eat around 80 to 160 grams of protein a day. I am getting stronger in the gym. I am lifting more weight. But for some reason, I lost 2.4 grams of skeletal muscle mass. Any Ideas?
You should be eating about a gram of protein per pound of body weight you want to be. So you need to be eating 175 grams minimum a day. 80 is way too low.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You should be eating about a gram of protein per pound of body weight you want to be. So you need to be eating 175 grams minimum a day. 80 is way too low.
I'd agree with this as well. I'd definitely recommend upping protein intake for a higher protein diet.