BLR Father Figure Stack, 5 month log

markismighty

Awards
Greetings,

Making a supplement log. Never really taken anything other than the bread and butter basics of creatine, protein, hmb, etc.

some basics on myself:
Age 45
Height: 5’10
Current bodyweight: 228lbs
Last testosterone blood draw: 320

I gained about 15lbs this year, new baby, ganglion wrist surgery, partial supraspinatus tear so I just bailed on the gym from 2/23-7/23. Mostly I’ve recovered to prev strength.

Best lifts:
In competition at 212lbs(100kg class) drug tested: 190kg(419lbs)
Gym:
bench press
-435x1
-465x1(elitefts black pad)
-365x7
-335x10
-315x14
All of these are relatively recent and video recorded.

supplements:
Black Lion Research(father figure stack)
-androgin
-follidrone
-Incinderine

Others
-creatine mono
-beta alanine
-pea protein
-organic beet root powder
-hmb
-multi vitamin

Day 1 begins 10/23, it’s also day 1 of my bench deload month so a few added accessories.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Strong bench! Mighty indeed. So the new supps for you is the BLR stack? Are you going for recomp or strength gain? Good Luck.

markismighty

Awards
Strong bench! Mighty indeed. So the new supps for you is the BLR stack? Are you going for recomp or strength gain? Good Luck.
The BLR stack is something totally alien to me. I have been taking the other stuff I listed for some time now already and just wanted to put that out there for disclosure even though it should be a given that everyone takes creatine.

My goal is to drop bodyweight AND gain strength.

markismighty

Awards
Probably should be at least, lol. Although I ran out back in June and haven't replenished yet.
That’s why I buy the basics in bulk, so I don’t have to deal with it but every 6 months to a year. Plus it’s cheaper on a per serving basis.

markismighty

Awards
Day 1
Wt: 229.8lbs

I’m only going to do a weekly update unless something pops up.

this week on bench:
Mon-275 5x6
Wed-295 5x5
Fri-315 5x4
Pretty easy stuff

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 1
Wt: 229.8lbs

I’m only going to do a weekly update unless something pops up.

this week on bench:
Mon-275 5x6
Wed-295 5x5
Fri-315 5x4
Pretty easy stuff
3 times a week benching. I need to get back to this to build my bench back up. I'm only hitting chest once a week at the moment.

markismighty

Awards
3 times a week benching. I need to get back to this to build my bench back up. I'm only hitting chest once a week at the moment.
bench more to bench more is a concept that definitely works. Key is to not overdo it and go to failure, end up getting sore cause then you’re not going to be doing it x3 or more per week.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
bench more to bench more is a concept that definitely works. Key is to not overdo it and go to failure, end up getting sore cause then you’re not going to be doing it x3 or more per week.
I train alone most of the time so unfortunately I can't go to complete failure so this set up should work for me.

markismighty

Awards
I haven’t went in yet but this week is

M-285 5x6
W-305 5x5
F-325 5x4

should be easy enough, I’ll try to squeeze squat and DL on a non bench day but who knows. Tomorrow is my first day off from work after 64 days in a row.

I’ll post again in the evening w a wt update

markismighty

Awards
Wt last week: 229.8
Wt this week 230.2

honestly I wasn’t so shocked with this, I was upper 228 a lot last week and I lifted very late tonight so after dinner instead of before.

All in all I will say that something I am taking makes me fcking sleep extremely well. The incinderine im not up to full dose(maybe tomorrow) as I was tapering it up to see how I responded.

will see what next week shows

markismighty

Awards
Week 1: 229.8
Week 2: 230.2
Week 3: 227.6

decent weekly drop, I’m on the full dose of incinderine for the past 6-7 days now.

this week bench:
M-295 5x6, already done and it was super easy
W-315 5x5
F-335 5x4

as for the strength gains, can’t tell yet since I’m not going anywhere close to failure to test it.

Last edited:

markismighty

Awards
Next week program, end of this 1 month block is:

M-305 5x6
W-325 5x5
F-395 1x3(pad)

Prob going to be 226 bodyweight area tomorrow when I weigh in but will see.

markismighty

Awards
Week 4: 225.6

2lb bodyweight drop over the past week.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

And

week 5: 223.8

I won’t be posting my bench program going fwd.
The numbers don't lie. Nice work!

markismighty

Awards
The numbers don't lie. Nice work!
Yes, at this point I would say the same thing.

Numbers don’t lie but it’s a long 5 months so let’s see how it all shakes out.

next week if I don’t drop any I won’t be upset at all, thanksgiving holiday coming up and all.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
next week if I don’t drop any I won’t be upset at all, thanksgiving holiday coming up and all.
Yep Thanksgiving and Christmas is bulking season for me! Easy to get in a ton of calories consistently around the holidays!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep Thanksgiving and Christmas is bulking season for me! Easy to get in a ton of calories consistently around the holidays!
LOL historically I was always leanest during sweater season 😅😅
I think it was a combo of improved recovery (more sleep during the time of year we have only 6hrs of daylight) and the stubborn side of me doubling down on nutritional discipline during the holidays. this year is going to be a toss up.....

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
stubborn side of me doubling down on nutritional discipline during the holidays.
I wish I was stubborn about diet during the holidays but the food seems to always overcome any ounce of stubbornness I have :ROFLMAO:

markismighty

Awards
Week 5: 223.8

And

Week 6: 224.6

Not even upset since holiday feasting was going on plus I skimped on cardio most of the week.

on a positive, on bench today 355 10x1 first set/rep went so easy I decided to do it as a cluster set at 25 second rest between singles.

markismighty

Awards

and

Week 7: 220.6

Last edited:

markismighty

Awards

and

Week 8: 220.0

Hardest day of this bench block 375 10x1 went pretty smooth.

markismighty

Awards
That's some heavy weight! Nice work!
Thanks, it only gets heavier, I have 405x3(pad) on Friday. Hardest part of those sets was the lift off, usually that’s the worst part of all my sets is the self unrack, it wrecks my shoulders. I use a lift off guy at 385 and higher.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, it only gets heavier, I have 405x3(pad) on Friday. Hardest part of those sets was the lift off, usually that’s the worst part of all my sets is the self unrack, it wrecks my shoulders. I use a lift off guy at 385 and higher.
Anything 315 and higher for me is heavy. Barbell bench i've shy'd away from in the past few years just due to injury prevention.

markismighty

Awards

Week 9: 219.6

Didn’t work out all week due to house being resided and half the house has Covid so I just the week off from the gym until today. Diet fell off the wagon, zero supplements the past few days, sleeping like ass, zero cardio, etc, etc

I ended the block w a 405x1 single as planned. Was much more difficult of a rep than I had guessed it would be, probably RPE 9 rep territory.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

markismighty

Awards

Week 10: 218.8

no supplements for another week at all until today. No gym for a week until today. Aside from everyone getting Covid I went to gas up my car Friday and while at the pump some idiot hit my car while I was gassing up, sending me to the ER.

I lifted today, it was easy wt but I lifted like ass, every set the last rep kinda sucked. Dropped program by 10lbs before in expectation of sucking. Even cardio I cut by 10 minutes, just too tired.

Workout was 305 5x5
Friday is 325 5x4

About 1/2 way to my wt goal. So still on track

markismighty

Awards
I’m adding shilajit resin and possibly Tongkat Ali into the stack. Back half of my program is gonna be rough.

any thoughts from any of the supplement experts on adding these two?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m adding shilajit resin and possibly Tongkat Ali into the stack. Back half of my program is gonna be rough.

any thoughts from any of the supplement experts on adding these two?
Those would be good to add. You could look at adding Fadogia XT as well on top of that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll look into it, if funds allow.
Code STAYSTRONG will get you as a discount at Strong Supplement Shop if you decide to pick up a bottle.

markismighty

Awards
Code STAYSTRONG will get you as a discount at Strong Supplement Shop if you decide to pick up a bottle.
Prob going to pass on adding it TBH.

I’m going to give my 1/2 way through review on the BLM stack later this week, pre addition of shilajit resin and Tongkat.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Prob going to pass on adding it TBH.

I’m going to give my 1/2 way through review on the BLM stack later this week, pre addition of shilajit resin and Tongkat.
No worries! Maybe a future Optimize-T and Fadogia XT stack where you can take advantage of the discount code.

markismighty

Awards
Ok as promised my 1/2 way evaluation.

Thus far the BLM Father figure stack HAS not impressed and I WOULD NOT recommend it.

I have lost weight but I do not credit anything for this other than myself. I do a complete 23 hour water fast maybe once every 7-10 days and do many 16 hour fasting as well as learning to love low cal high protein yogurt. My post workout cardio has almost doubled in time and I’m consistently hitting 500 cals on a moderate intensity stair stepper. Incinderine may assist w appetite suppression but 24 hours fasting is nothing, just drink a lot of water and ignore your stomach for the last 6-8. I have not taken incinderine for about 2 weeks. Incinderine does give an occasional heartburn and an occasional stomach discomfort when taken on an empty stomach. Incinderine as I said may assist in reducing food cravings, so something for people who are already obese or overweight.

I may or may not take the androgin and follidrone portion of the stack going fwd with the Shilajit and tongkat.

That brings me to my final point and why I absolutely will not buy BLM products going fwd. I had an extremely knowledgeable buddy look it over. BLM as a company according to him seems sketchy. The “listed” products seem alright on the stack but there is no QC report(as you might get on your products from nootropics depot or even your Walmart brand creatine mono will say cGMP) so although the bottle says one thing who actually knows what it really has.

This ends my father figure BLM stack log.

Last edited:

markismighty

Awards

Week 10: 218.8

no supplements for another week at all until today. No gym for a week until today. Aside from everyone getting Covid I went to gas up my car Friday and while at the pump some idiot hit my car while I was gassing up, sending me to the ER.

I lifted today, it was easy wt but I lifted like ass, every set the last rep kinda sucked. Dropped program by 10lbs before in expectation of sucking. Even cardio I cut by 10 minutes, just too tired.

Workout was 305 5x5
Friday is 325 5x4

About 1/2 way to my wt goal. So still on track
Ok as promised my 1/2 way evaluation.

Thus far the BLM Father figure stack HAS not impressed and I WOULD NOT recommend it.

I have lost weight but I do not credit anything for this other than myself. I do a complete 23 hour water fast maybe once every 7-10 days and do many 16 hour fasting as well as learning to love low cal high protein yogurt. My post workout cardio has almost doubled in time and I’m consistently hitting 500 cals on a moderate intensity stair stepper. Incinderine may assist w appetite suppression but 24 hours fasting is nothing, just drink a lot of water and ignore your stomach for the last 6-8. I have not taken incinderine for about 2 weeks. Incinderine does give an occasional heartburn and an occasional stomach discomfort when taken on an empty stomach. Incinderine as I said may assist in reducing food cravings, so something for people who are already obese or overweight.

I will continue to take the follidrone and the androgin in the hopes that the Shilajit which acts as an adaptigen assists in helping to transfer this into the cells for proper utilization(if the listed ingredients are actually there of course).

That brings me to my final point and why I absolutely will not buy BLM products going fwd. I had an extremely knowledgeable buddy look it over. BLM as a company according to him seems sketchy. The “listed” products seem alright on the stack but there is no QC report(as you might get on your products from nootropics depot or even your Walmart brand creatine mono will say cGMP) so although the bottle says one thing who actually knows what it really has.

This ends my father figure BLM stack log.
I weighed 215.4 yesterday, 315 5x5 on my sets.
I had stomach fflu bug sun/mon/tues so a solid 60 hour fast lol, not exactly part of the plan

markismighty

Awards
This is the company email to my poor review on their website

Purchase and review are verified and then removed afterwards by the company after his email to me. Should say a lot about a company that will email something like this telling a paying customer to get bent then removing any negative reviews.

my opinion on anyone considering any product from black lion research, don’t waste your money

Attachments

Last edited:

ironfiend23

Awards
I bought 6 bottles of incinderine. I'm an RD with a MS in Nutrition and Ex Sci. Former competitive powerlifter and weightlifter. I have many clinical clients on Semaglutide and Mounjaro. Incinderine isn't even remotely in the ballpark of those drugs. There was a lot of hype and then a lot of you haven't cut kcals enough. I try not write negative reviews too often...just honest reviews. But as a business owner, that feedback sickens me. You are not alone in your results. Thank you for the honest feedback

markismighty

Awards
I bought 6 bottles of incinderine. I'm an RD with a MS in Nutrition and Ex Sci. Former competitive powerlifter and weightlifter. I have many clinical clients on Semaglutide and Mounjaro. Incinderine isn't even remotely in the ballpark of those drugs. There was a lot of hype and then a lot of you haven't cut kcals enough. I try not write negative reviews too often...just honest reviews. But as a business owner, that feedback sickens me. You are not alone in your results. Thank you for the honest feedback
Honest review, the stack as a whole did absolutely nothing. I lost weight from fasting, cal reduction, cal burn increase, protein increase, etc. I also think I lost about 10lbs on the bench as far as strength. I rarely have to adjust my program down mid program so it’s a frustration I didn’t expect. It occurs sometimes but supposedly I was taking “a natural sarm” in the BLM stack lmfao.

adapt

Awards
absolute snake oil