Bloodwork results...what does it mean?

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys just got the results of my bloodwork. I could not get the pdf reader to copy and paste the whole test so i just posted those that were flagged or on the high side, as well as hormone levels. Should I be concerned about the results? I was planning a bola/phera bridge next week. Opinions please?

Hemotocrit 49.4 36-50
Monocytes 12 4-13
Creatinie, Serum 1.04 0.76-1.27
BUN 22 High 6-20
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 21 High 8-19
Bilirubin, Total 1.3 High 0.0-1.2

Test 662 249-836
FSH 6.4 1.5-12.4
Estradiol 41.8 7.6-42.6
AST (SGOT) 38 0-40
Cholesterol, Total 132 100-199
Triglycerides 147 0-149
HDL Cholesterol 26 Low >39

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Triglycerides look to be on the high side, been eating a lot of junk?. HDL is way too low. Blirubin is slightly elevated. I'd wait if I were you. Also wait for others to comment.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Estradiol 41.8 7.6-42.6
Too high. The lower to mid range is best.

Test 662 249-836
Isn't telling us much without SHBG or free test/serum test.

FSH 6.4 1.5-12.4
Could be a little higher. Where is LH?!

Cholesterol, Total 132 100-199
Triglycerides 147 0-149
HDL Cholesterol 26 Low >39
You're a good candidate for having a heart attack. High Trigs and high LDL means you have the "bad" kind of LDL. The "neutral" kind of LDL is higher when triglycerides are lower. That's primarily why trigs are bad. Low trigs and high LDL is ok. HDL still needs to be higher.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LDL wasn't included in his post, or at least I don't see it. Just HDL and Total. His Total is only 132 so thats not bad at all. I'm guessing he did just finish a cycle though.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
OK here is the whole test. I dont eat junk I always eat clean. I intake a lot of protein throughout the day. I haven't done a cycle since Oct.

WBC 6.6 4.0-10.5
RBC 5.08 4.10-5.60
Hemoglobin 16.2 12.5-17.0
Hematocrit 49.4 36.0-50.0
MCV 97 80-98
MCH 31.9 27.0-34.0
MCHC 32.8 32.0-36.0
RDW 12.5 11.7-15
Platelets 205 140-415
Neutrophils 51 40-74
Lymphs 33 14-46
Monocyctes 12 4-13
Eos 3 0-7
Basos 1 0-3
Neutrophils (Absolute) 3.4 1.8-7.8
Lymphs (Absolute) 2.2 0.7-4.5
Monocytes (Absolute) 0.8 0.1-1.0
Eos (Absolute) 0.2 0.0-0.4
Baso (Absolute) 0.0 0.0-0.2
Immature Granulocytes 0 0-1
Immature Grans (Bbs) 0.0 0.0-0.1
Gloucose, Serum 79 65-99
BUN 22 High 6-20
Creatinine, Serum 1.04 0.76 - 1.27
eGFR >59 >59

Bun/Creatinine Ratio 21 high 8-19
Sodium, Serum 142 135-145
Potassium, Serum 3.8 3.5-5.2
Cholride, Serum 102 97-108
Carbon Dioxide, Total 21 20-32
Calcium, Serum 9.3 8.7-10.2
Protein, Total, Serum 7.2 6.0-8.5
Albumin, Serum 4.4 3.5-5.5
Globulin, Total 2.8 1.5-4.5
A/G Ratio 1.6 1.1-2.5
Bilirubin, Total 1.3 high 0.0-1.2
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 60 25-150
AST (SGOT) 38 0-40
ALT (SGPT) 37 0-55

Cholestrol, Total 132 100-199
Triglycerides 147 0-149
HDL Cholesterol 26 low >39

VLDL Cholesterol Cal 29 5-40
LDL Cholesterol Calc 77 0-99
LDL/HDL Ratio 3.0 0.0-3.6

Test, Serum 662 249-836
LH 5.9 1.7-8.6
FSH 6.4 1.5-12.4
Estradiol 41.8 7.6-42.6

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LDL wasn't included in his post, or at least I don't see it. Just HDL and Total. His Total is only 132 so thats not bad at all. I'm guessing he did just finish a cycle though.
LDL is usually HDL minus his total...

High LDL doesn't mean bad things. High trigs means bad LDL, regardless of how much LDL there is.

To the OP, I'm no doctor, but it seems to me if you run something like Erase or Sustain Alpha, you test is going to come up a bit, along with LH and FSH as the estrogen drops. Estrogen is something like 100x more suppressive of testosterone levels than testosterone itself is.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LDL is usually HDL minus his total...

High LDL doesn't mean bad things. High trigs means bad LDL, regardless of how much LDL there is.

To the OP, I'm no doctor, but it seems to me if you run something like Erase or Sustain Alpha, you test is going to come up a bit, along with LH and FSH as the estrogen drops. Estrogen is something like 100x more suppressive of testosterone levels than testosterone itself is.
Yes but lowering estrogen also raises cholesterol.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes but lowering estrogen also raises cholesterol.
Like I said his total cholestrol isn't the problem, except low HDL. It's his trigs.

He needs to change his diet around to get his cholesterol (HDL) and trigs in the right ranges. For testosterone, lower estrogen.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Like I said his total cholestrol isn't the problem, except low HDL. It's his trigs.

He needs to change his diet around to get his cholesterol (HDL) and trigs in the right ranges. For testosterone, lower estrogen.
Triglycerides is exactly what is says... The amount of triglycerides in the blood. VLDL acts as a transport for triglycerides and are secreted by the liver when triglyceride levels are high. Once trigs are dropped off at fat or muscle tissue the VLDL is either broken down by the liver or converted to LDL. The more circulating trigs, the more VLDL is secreted and the more LDL is formed.

The OP does not have an issue with trigs or LDL, his HDL is just a bit low. Increase your Cardio to help those numbers out.

To the OP did you take the test after an overnight fast?

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Triglycerides is exactly what is says... The amount of triglycerides in the blood. VLDL acts as a transport for triglycerides and are secreted by the liver when triglyceride levels are high. Once trigs are dropped off at fat or muscle tissue the VLDL is either broken down by the liver or converted to LDL. The more circulating trigs, the more VLDL is secreted and the more LDL is formed.

The OP does not have an issue with trigs or LDL, his HDL is just a bit low. Increase your Cardio to help those numbers out.

To the OP did you take the test after an overnight fast?
I dont do a lot of cardio maybe once a week. My diet is always clean. I did fast for about 12 hours before. How can I correct this ? Should I postpone my cycle ?

Last edited:
Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I dont do a lot of cardio maybe once a week. My diet is always clean. I did fast for about 12 hours before. How can I correct this ? Should I postpone my cycle ?
Best ways to increase hdl are Cardio 4/5 x per week, take your fish oils, limit saturated fats, and there's alot of research supporting the use of niacin.

I believe a gram per day split up is said to raise hdl from 15-35%

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Best ways to increase hdl are Cardio 4/5 x per week, take your fish oils, limit saturated fats, and there's alot of research supporting the use of niacin.

I believe a gram per day split up is said to raise hdl from 15-35%
I already have been taking plenty of fish oil, toco 8 and I just added in coq10, red rice yeast. i can add in some niacin also. I have some formestane do you think that would be a good idea to help lower my estrogen ?

I'll clean up my diet even more and add in cardio. I just want to prevent muscle wasting, that's the reason I cut down my cardio before. I have igf-1 on hand I could start pinning that again to help prevent muscle wasting and help cut bodyfat. I could do this for a few weeks, run my bloods again and see if things changed then possibly do the bola cycle.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
********************Update***********************************

Ok i got my lipids done again yesterday since those are what needed work before I run any ph's. Its been about 4 weeks. I ran cycle support, toco 8, red rice yeast, coq10, erase, and lean xtreme. I did a touch more cardio. I cut carbs heavily on non training days and dropped from 225 to about 216. Here is my lipids now.

Cholesterol, total 129 100-199
Triglycerides 91 0-149
HDL Cholesterol 34 low >39
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 18 5-40
LDL/HDL Ratio 2.3 0.0-3.6

Do you guys think I'm g2g on my bola/phera bridge now? I plan to do more cardio once im on cycle and in an anabolic state so i dont lose muscle. I also bought a portable electronic BP machine to check my BP while on cycle.

Thoughts?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
********************Update***********************************

Ok i got my lipids done again yesterday since those are what needed work before I run any ph's. Its been about 4 weeks. I ran cycle support, toco 8, red rice yeast, coq10, erase, and lean xtreme. I did a touch more cardio. I cut carbs heavily on non training days and dropped from 225 to about 216. Here is my lipids now.

Cholesterol, total 129 100-199
Triglycerides 91 0-149
HDL Cholesterol 34 low >39
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 18 5-40
LDL/HDL Ratio 2.3 0.0-3.6

Do you guys think I'm g2g on my bola/phera bridge now? I plan to do more cardio once im on cycle and in an anabolic state so i dont lose muscle. I also bought a portable electronic BP machine to check my BP while on cycle.

Thoughts?
Wow I didn't know they could test for VLDL vs. LDL. When did this come about?? Also, it looks pretty good to me, HDL still a little low but most guys are going to come up short in that area.

I'd like to hear other opinions though!

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Wow I didn't know they could test for VLDL vs. LDL. When did this come about?? Also, it looks pretty good to me, HDL still a little low but most guys are going to come up short in that area.

I'd like to hear other opinions though!
Yeah i got the test done at Labcorp so they must of added it in. I dont do a lot of cardio and I think my HDL will come up when i add it in. I plan to do like 30min low impact cardio 4 to 5 times a week when im on cycle to combat the ph's effect on my lipids. And probably 1 day of week of interval sprints. Also i plan to keep my diet super clean. I think i definitely cleaned my lipids up since my last test though.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i got the test done at Labcorp so they must of added it in. I dont do a lot of cardio and I think my HDL will come up when i add it in. I plan to do like 30min low impact cardio 4 to 5 times a week when im on cycle to combat the ph's effect on my lipids. And probably 1 day of week of interval sprints. Also i plan to keep my diet super clean. I think i definitely cleaned my lipids up since my last test though.
sorry but you sound like you really really want heart disease later on.

you're trying to start a new hdl destroying cycle while your hdl is already lower than the minimum.

oh, btw, just because you do cardio while on cycle, it doesnt mean it will help.

its a fact that smokers that do cardio don't see any improvement with cholesterol. i doubt something even more damaging like roids are any different.

living in a constant state of unfavorable hdl:ldl ratio is how you develop heart disease.

while your hdl is low, plaque has a better chance of forming. you havent gotten your hdl to NOT LOW yet.....sooo what are you asking?

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
sorry but you sound like you really really want heart disease later on.

you're trying to start a new hdl destroying cycle while your hdl is already lower than the minimum.

oh, btw, just because you do cardio while on cycle, it doesnt mean it will help.

its a fact that smokers that do cardio don't see any improvement with cholesterol. i doubt something even more damaging like roids are any different.

living in a constant state of unfavorable hdl:ldl ratio is how you develop heart disease.

while your hdl is low, plaque has a better chance of forming. you havent gotten your hdl to NOT LOW yet.....sooo what are you asking?
No i dont want heart disease later on that's why i take the time and effort to get bloods done. I want to make sure things are in order before I run anything.

I haven't started anything at this point. I was posting to get others opinions and advice. I realize that it is still low. Maybe some advice on how i could raise that would be great instead of flaming me. At least i actually take the time to get bloods done most guys on here just run cycle after cycle without knowing where their levels are actually at.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
No i dont want heart disease later on that's why i take the time and effort to get bloods done. I want to make sure things are in order before I run anything.

I haven't started anything at this point. I was posting to get others opinions and advice. I realize that it is still low. Maybe some advice on how i could raise that would be great instead of flaming me. At least i actually take the time to get bloods done most guys on here just run cycle after cycle without knowing where their levels are actually at.

I apologize if i gave you the impression i overlooked your due diligence. from my perspective it appeared that you were inclined to start the cycle despite detriment to your health. so i felt obliged to let you know , i thought it was nuts.

I do agree a lot of guys don't give a flying F. it's complete delusion.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
I apologize if i gave you the impression i overlooked your due diligence. from my perspective it appeared that you were inclined to start the cycle despite detriment to your health. so i felt obliged to let you know , i thought it was nuts.

I do agree a lot of guys don't give a flying F. it's complete delusion.
Ok well now that were on the same page. Do you have any suggestions on how to raise my hdl other then what I'm already doing. I don't have my heart set on that cycle my health is always number 1. I can always just run some low does ostarine to preserve my muscle maybe gain a little and hit more cardio and reassess in 4 weeks.

amateurfreak

Awards
definitely add in the niacin, maybe add some olive oil in your diet and look into phytosterols. if possible talk to your doctor about niaspan as it may prove to be more effective then regular niacin at lowering ldl/raising hdl. google should bring up a lot of info on that debate you can decide for yourself i guess. id give that a good run with the other supps you listed and get bloodwork again before running anything. you may want to wait a while even after you hopefully improve your hdl before touching anything that would lower it again as chronic low hdl is a major problem

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
definitely add in the niacin, maybe add some olive oil in your diet and look into phytosterols. if possible talk to your doctor about niaspan as it may prove to be more effective then regular niacin at lowering ldl/raising hdl. google should bring up a lot of info on that debate you can decide for yourself i guess. id give that a good run with the other supps you listed and get bloodwork again before running anything. you may want to wait a while even after you hopefully improve your hdl before touching anything that would lower it again as chronic low hdl is a major problem
Thank you i will look into that. Im definitely going to wait at least 6 weeks before i consider any ph or aas cycle.

What are you're thoughts on low dose ostarine since its not supposed to effect lipids in the mean time?

amateurfreak

Awards
honestly im not familiar enough with ostarine to be comfortable giving you a recommendation about it. i pm'd you some research that i did in about 5-10minutes if you have some time to look at it but a simole search should generate what i sent plus a lot more. hopefully someone better educated on the sarm's could chime in and help