Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I use to have a bunch of old bloodwork from my late 20's that I kept with notes on what I was taking at the time. Then about 2.5 years ago or so when I hopped back on I had more bloods I added to the box. Well I moved around this time last year and I just realized I have no clue where the box was put, or if it got thrown out. Can the Dr. Pull up copies of old bloodwork by request or is that something that dosent get saved?

Even if I could get the most recent few from the past 2 years I would be happy. I spoke to 2 nurses (family members) and they seem to think that unless something was going on where they were monitoring my bloods there not going to have stuff more then a few months old.

It's not the end of the world, I just like having the data to compare things to.

Anyone ever go request old bloodwork get pulled up?

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have access to stuff that’s several years old, but my doctor has everything put in an online portal. It all depends on how wherever you got your tests done stored results.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Was it Labcorp? Quest? I just signed up for a Quest account last year because my trt doc uses it, and was surprised to see labs from 6 years ago pop up. Idk if it's attached to my bday or what. Different address, and I can't remember if they asked for social security. Create accounts for both and see what pops up.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
If its through your endo, yes he can access them, or at least should be able to

Neversummer

Awards
I am able to pull up old bloods on my labCorp and quest portals... there were some really old ones that didn’t show up and I called labcorp and they found them and added them to my account. I believe I remember them saying they save them for 10 years

Dietz1873

Dietz1873

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to have a bunch of old bloodwork from my late 20's that I kept with notes on what I was taking at the time. Then about 2.5 years ago or so when I hopped back on I had more bloods I added to the box. Well I moved around this time last year and I just realized I have no clue where the box was put, or if it got thrown out. Can the Dr. Pull up copies of old bloodwork by request or is that something that dosent get saved?

Even if I could get the most recent few from the past 2 years I would be happy. I spoke to 2 nurses (family members) and they seem to think that unless something was going on where they were monitoring my bloods there not going to have stuff more then a few months old.

It's not the end of the world, I just like having the data to compare things to.

Anyone ever go request old bloodwork get pulled up?
How did you get your blood work ordered at the time? Wherever it was done, call. Where I live they are thrown out after 7 years by law. The best scenario is you had them done at a hospital or a practice that has the same doc. If so, you have a 50/50 chance they will have your stuff.

Otherwise, if you just used a third party service and had a random doc sign off on whatever tests like we do these days, I probably wouldn’t even try, there is no way they are keeping the records. They are the equivalent of drug docs, just for tests so they aren’t going to do anything they don’t have to.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How did you get your blood work ordered at the time? Wherever it was done, call. Where I live they are thrown out after 7 years by law. The best scenario is you had them done at a hospital or a practice that has the same doc. If so, you have a 50/50 chance they will have your stuff.

Otherwise, if you just used a third party service and had a random doc sign off on whatever tests like we do these days, I probably wouldn’t even try, there is no way they are keeping the records. They are the equivalent of drug docs, just for tests so they aren’t going to do anything they don’t have to.
I would say the majority of them were done through different private labs. With my bloods drawn at a walk in quest

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If I had them done at a regular Dr coffee or hospital I would have just called