Unanswered Bloodwork Guidance Needed

DrHillbilly

Awards
Hey guys, so I'm a 23M who has been lifting for about 8 years now, and think I'm ready to start on my first real gear cycle. Nothing fancy, mostly just to see how I respond to a basic test cycle. Just planning on running 10 weeks of test E at 250mg twice per week (500mg/wk). Obviously keeping an AI around to be safe, and finishing things out with nolva once the test clears. I have a BS in Human Nutrition and am pretty clear on how to eat while on cycle. The only thing I'm still a bit confused about is blood work. While on (and after) this cycle, how often should I be getting bloods, and what values should I be keeping an eye on? What would be an obvious red flag that told me I had to cut things short? Also, I happen to have some Ostarine, and have heard of osta being used in small doses during PCT. How would y'all recommend going about this, if you would at all?

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi! I know you don’t want to hear this but you’re too young. You’ll start, you’ll like it and you’ll keep doing it until your test is fucked at 30 years and then you’ll join the club of soft noodles, a bunch of us in here are in this club(I’m serious). Now that it’s been said, decent first cycle. You say I’ll have an ai on hand just in case? Meaning you won’t use it unless you think you need to? Please don’t. Use it right away but dose it low and then adjust if needed. Don’t do that stupid mistake. If you’re going for the cycle anyways, have a STRONG PCT ready, learn discipline and don’t cycle too often(this is gonna be your main challenge believe me) if not.. you’re gonna join my club earlier than you think. Have fun! :)

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ah and also, take the ostarine and throw it in the garbage please. Whatever you read from the forums 5-6 years ago is bullshit. Ostarine does not belong in a PCT.

DrHillbilly

Awards
Hi! I know you don’t want to hear this but you’re too young. You’ll start, you’ll like it and you’ll keep doing it until your test is fucked at 30 years and then you’ll join the club of soft noodles, a bunch of us in here are in this club(I’m serious). Now that it’s been said, decent first cycle. You say I’ll have an ai on hand just in case? Meaning you won’t use it unless you think you need to? Please don’t. Use it right away but dose it low and then adjust if needed. Don’t do that stupid mistake. If you’re going for the cycle anyways, have a STRONG PCT ready, learn discipline and don’t cycle too often(this is gonna be your main challenge believe me) if not.. you’re gonna join my club earlier than you think. Have fun! :)
I knew I'd get a couple of the "you're too young" comments and I appreciate that, but I've reached a point where I am very clear on the fact that I want to start getting some experience on an NPC stage and realistically, I'm not gonna be competitive naturally. I had always been warned against using an AI right off the bat, when you say dose it low, how low we talking?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My point is, on 500mg of test your estrogen is obviously going to be out of range unless you’re in the 5% lucky bastard that won’t need it on such a dose but I hardly doubt you are one of those guys. Let’s say you’re running Arimidex I’d start at .25 Twice a week(each time you pin). a lot of people would need .50 so it’s a very conservative dosage. I’m VERY lucky I don’t need much ai on test and I still need to dose a little on 500mg.

DrHillbilly

Awards
My point is, on 500mg of test your estrogen is obviously going to be out of range unless you’re in the 5% lucky bastard that won’t need it on such a dose but I hardly doubt you are one of those guys. Let’s say you’re running Arimidex I’d start at .25 Twice a week(each time you pin). a lot of people would need .50 so it’s a very conservative dosage. I’m VERY lucky I don’t need much ai on test and I still need to dose a little on 500mg.
Gotcha. That sounds totally reasonable and makes perfect sense. I've heard other people call .5mg Arimidex EOD "low," which I would have been very hesitant to come out of the gate with.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m going to chime in here with some other advice equally as good as Maths. In fact I really wish someone had told me this....
You ready?

-Don’t do these 12+ week cycles.
Get your ass cheeks ready for 3 pins per week and get yourself some short estered gear. Test prop should be where you live. I swear, I did dozens of cycles with test coming back to 800s every time.... until I got greedy and went for the 14 week Deca cycle with orals on both ends... Didn’t even recover to half my level prior. Never did recover.
- Don’t come here and say you don’t want kids ever. We didn’t either until we were damn 30 years old.. So TRY your very best to cycle and recover as long as you can. TRT is awesome, when you’re 40, NOT 26. I’ve got 17 inconveniences that come with it, that I’m actually able to deal with better at my age.
- Put as much into your post cycle as you did into the cycle. Train 3-4 days a week, don’t skip weeks on end, and eat a lot. Take good drugs. Torem and Clomid trump the reat. They bring levels back better. The only time I used Nolva was adding it to clomid.
HCG isn’t a bad idea, look up those first 3 days of pct blasts, I feel those are better than the whole 3x a week whole cycle layouts.
If you’re gonna do this, do it with the goal of recovering 99% of where you were, and that would be a miracle, but at least try.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m going to chime in here with some other advice equally as good as Maths. In fact I really wish someone had told me this....
You ready?

Get your ass cheeks ready for 3 pins per week and get yourself some short estered gear. Test prop should be where you live. I swear, I did dozens of cycles with test coming back to 800s every time.... until I got greedy and went for the 14 week Deca cycle with orals on both ends... Didn’t even recover to half my level prior. Never did recover.
- Don’t come here and say you don’t want kids ever. We didn’t either until we were damn 30 years old.. So TRY your very best to cycle and recover as long as you can. TRT is awesome, when you’re 40, NOT 26. I’ve got 17 inconveniences that come with it, that I’m actually able to deal with better at my age.
- Put as much into your post cycle as you did into the cycle. Train 3-4 days a week, don’t skip weeks on end, and eat a lot. Take good drugs. Torem and Clomid trump the reat. They bring levels back better. The only time I used Nolva was adding it to clomid.
HCG isn’t a bad idea, look up those first 3 days of pct blasts, I feel those are better than the whole 3x a week whole cycle layouts.
If you’re gonna do this, do it with the goal of recovering 99% of where you were, and that would be a miracle, but at least try.
^^ Good Advice There. ^^

Reactions: Nac
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree people should focus on shorter ester. Wish I knew better. 8 weeks of test prop will be easier to recover from than 10-12-14 weeks of test e/c and the gains will be the same. Also he’s right on everything he said about trt. I’m on trt for life since 29 and I’m 30. That’s hella scary but it’s my own fault. I didn’t want kids but now I do and I know in what kind of hell I gotta jump to if I ever want to TRY. Might never work too. A lot of stuff to process and think about

DrHillbilly

Awards
You ready?

You don't have to tell me twice about long cycles. I know too many people already who are pretty permanently shut down due to 15-20 week cycles or cruising. Although I'll be honest I don't think my test has ever seen the 800s, which I suppose is even more reason to try to preserve what I've got. Unfortunately my biggest issue with prop isn't the pin frequency but availability. I don't see that many suppliers of it anymore as everyone has moved to test e or test c. Otherwise I'll take everything else into consideration, I need to do more reading on clomid, I've read several threads recently where people have reacted very badly to it, which is the reason for my leaning toward nolva only.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Actually the shorter esters are a lot more popular than they were that shouldn’t be an issue

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You don't have to tell me twice about long cycles. I know too many people already who are pretty permanently shut down due to 15-20 week cycles or cruising. Although I'll be honest I don't think my test has ever seen the 800s, which I suppose is even more reason to try to preserve what I've got. Unfortunately my biggest issue with prop isn't the pin frequency but availability. I don't see that many suppliers of it anymore as everyone has moved to test e or test c. Otherwise I'll take everything else into consideration, I need to do more reading on clomid, I've read several threads recently where people have reacted very badly to it, which is the reason for my leaning toward nolva only.
You can always front load and rock a 10 week cycle. Get in, get out, recover. Repeat.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You ready?

Damn man...I am on my last week and hope to bounce back normally. I did last cycle but you know the risk everytime you run one. Wish me luck.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn man...I am on my last week and hope to bounce back normally. I did last cycle but you know the risk everytime you run one. Wish me luck.
Just run a good 5 week post cycle with a good Serm. Eat sleep train consistently and you’ll be alright. It was only after 35 with long cycles that finally got me.

It’s a numbers game too. The more cycles you do, the stronger the drugs, the longer they are, the worse you’ll eventually end up. I believe you can get get a decade out of 8 week cycles with long recovery periods in between and still keep good natural levels. It’s just unfortunately something our bodies can’t bounce back from 100% every time.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just run a good 5 week post cycle with a good Serm. Eat sleep train consistently and you’ll be alright. It was only after 35 with long cycles that finally got me.

It’s a numbers game too. The more cycles you do, the stronger the drugs, the longer they are, the worse you’ll eventually end up. I believe you can get get a decade out of 8 week cycles with long recovery periods in between and still keep good natural levels. It’s just unfortunately something our bodies can’t bounce back from 100% every time.
I hear you bruh. I have a nice 5 to 6 week pct setup. Nothing will change except maybe my diet. I realized after that I couldn't eat the same way while ON. On both occasions my natural levels have been better given time. Hoping for the best this go round.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hear you bruh. I have a nice 5 to 6 week pct setup. Nothing will change except maybe my diet. I realized after that I couldn't eat the same way while ON. On both occasions my natural levels have been better given time. Hoping for the best this go round.
Ya, it’s like you don’t want to cut, and you CANT eat like you did(If you were bulking) with less nutrient partitioning, or you’ll get chubby.
I think a carb centered around workouts but moderate fat/ maintenance or slightly above calories/ and-or carb cycling.
Who knows.... It’s so much easier once
You can just stay on. But it should be avoided as long as possible.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya, it’s like you don’t want to cut, and you CANT eat like you did(If you were bulking) with less nutrient partitioning, or you’ll get chubby.
I think a carb centered around workouts but moderate fat/ maintenance or slightly above calories/ and-or carb cycling.
Who knows.... It’s so much easier once
You can just stay on. But it should be avoided as long as possible.
Yeah the nutrient partitioning, glycogen storage, insulin sensitivity is all different. We talked before about cruising but not there yet.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You ready?

@jrock645 , I thought you might find some of the posts in this thread interesting. ... Like this one.