Bloodwork done, High prolactin, E2 and TSH.

Aesthete

Aesthete

Awards
So, I just done my bloodwork, I have: High c reactive protein = 11.1 mg/l which is high. I did recently come off being a bit sick with cold, so that could be the reason. Next, what bothers me is high prolactin = 19.30 ng/l. I heard Laxogenin can be the reason for it as I am taking it at the moment. Otherwise, I did MRT a few months ago and no issues. Any other reasonf for this? Next, my E2 is a bit high = 35 ng/l. And my TSH = 4.285 IU/l which is a bit higher than normal. My T3, T4s are all within normal range. Other than that, my PSA ratio is a bit low = 19.29 %, Free and total PCA within the normal range. So, anything to worry about, any advice? Never done a cycle, I plan to do the 1st cycle in 2 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your prolactin is on the high end of normal. Your e2 is perfect mid-range

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Before anyone goes crazy about crp and the vaccine, crp is a sign of fighting something, some type of inflammation in the body so indeed I would assume it’s due to the virus you had. It should return to normal within weeks. I don’t see a problem with your estrogen or prolactin. I actually prefer to have mine high end of range.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Before anyone goes crazy about crp and the vaccine, crp is a sign of fighting something, some type of inflammation in the body so indeed I would assume it’s due to the virus you had. It should return to normal within weeks. I don’t see a problem with your estrogen or prolactin. I actually prefer to have mine high end of range.
Why would you want prolactin on the high side of normal? Genuinely interested because mine was barley over the ref range from first bloods for trt and doc wants to do an MRI if my most recent bloods show elevated still. Obviously outside of the range is different than normal high but still curious.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why would you want prolactin on the high side of normal? Genuinely interested because mine was barley over the ref range from first bloods for trt and doc wants to do an MRI if my most recent bloods show elevated still. Obviously outside of the range is different than normal high but still curious.
For estrogen, it’s simply easier to build muscle with the help of estrogen. High end of range or even slightly out of range (if no sides) will help immensely at building muscle. Intra muscular water, slight water retention, strength, etc. For prolactin mine simply follows estrogen. Really not as important as estrogen in bodybuilding. My sexual desires are always better if prolactin is mid range / high range than if it is lower range / tanked. My concern is always towards having a certain level of estrogen in me though. Unless in prep / show

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For estrogen, it’s simply easier to build muscle with the help of estrogen. High end of range or even slightly out of range (if no sides) will help immensely at building muscle. Intra muscular water, slight water retention, strength, etc. For prolactin mine simply follows estrogen. Really not as important as estrogen in bodybuilding. My sexual desires are always better if prolactin is mid range / high range than if it is lower range / tanked. My concern is always towards having a certain level of estrogen in me though. Unless in prep / show
I will second the estrogen thing, if Im on more then double my trt dose of test then I like my estrogen around 100. For me that number is perfect to feel good and not have any side effects. Now if I was on 150mg of test and my estrogen was at 100 I'd run into problems. There seems to be a balance between the 2 that I can maintain and feel good. If my total test is tripled then my estrogen can almost triple with it and be okay. I don't know exactly where the line is drawn for myself but I know a hundred to be good for me. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be for you though

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I will second the estrogen thing, if Im on more then double my trt dose of test then I like my estrogen around 100. For me that number is perfect to feel good and not have any side effects. Now if I was on 150mg of test and my estrogen was at 100 I'd run into problems. There seems to be a balance between the 2 that I can maintain and feel good. If my total test is tripled then my estrogen can almost triple with it and be okay. I don't know exactly where the line is drawn for myself but I know a hundred to be good for me. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be for you though
Entirely agree with you! Good that you clarified I didn’t think about specifying that it would’ve been confused for some guys

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Entirely agree with you! Good that you clarified I didn’t think about specifying that it would’ve been confused for some guys
You know what's crazy, I've heard of some guys letting there estrogen get up to 400 without getting gyno or anything. There's a huge variance from person to person. You will find a lot of guys in the powerlifting community running a gram or 2 of test with no AI at all

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know what's crazy, I've heard of some guys letting there estrogen get up to 400 without getting gyno or anything. There's a huge variance from person to person. You will find a lot of guys in the powerlifting community running a gram or 2 of test with no AI at all
It must’ve been the case more often than we can think of in the past.. 20 years ago in the golden days nobody did bloodworks and nobody used Ais I think or it was far less comon.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It must’ve been the case more often than we can think of in the past.. 20 years ago in the golden days nobody did bloodworks and nobody used Ais I think or it was far less comon.
There's an old timer I know and he never used an AI ever, his joke is always that we didn't have estrogen control, we had broccoli