Unanswered Bloodwork concern

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had some bloodwork done yesterday. Ordered it on my own, not through my doc. Wanted to get some things checked that i havent before, and arent usually checked on a routine physical. Im awaiting the rest of the results but a1c came back at 5.7. Ive felt for a while that im very carb sensitive, so this isnt shocking but is at the same time not expected.

I had male hormone and thyroid panels done as well, but those results havent come back yet. Finishing up pct now, plan to get this checked again in 6 weeks of course.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very common. Mine always teeters the high edge of normal.
It’s part of the game. Steroids, peptides and giant muscles all contribute. Many other things can add to it.
ACV is supposed to help.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine ran borderline for a long time. I started IFing and it dropped like a rock. I'm 240lb/5'10" and fairly lean. I started gaining muscle after I started IF.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Very common. Mine always teeters the high edge of normal.
It’s part of the game. Steroids, peptides and giant muscles all contribute. Many other things can add to it.
ACV is supposed to help.
Ive got an appointment with my pcp to discuss. Its weird because ive been taking metformin lately, figures that would help if anything.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Liver strain, kidney strain, cholesterol, insulin resistance. So many factors and most of those factors are affected by steroid use to a degree.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had some bloodwork done yesterday. Ordered it on my own, not through my doc. Wanted to get some things checked that i havent before, and arent usually checked on a routine physical. Im awaiting the rest of the results but a1c came back at 5.7. Ive felt for a while that im very carb sensitive, so this isnt shocking but is at the same time not expected.

I had male hormone and thyroid panels done as well, but those results havent come back yet. Finishing up pct now, plan to get this checked again in 6 weeks of course.

Thoughts, suggestions?
This may sound like an odd question, but do you have access to nude pics of a 60 year old woman?

More seriously, what does your diet look like?

Last edited:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This may sound odd suggestion, but do you have access to nude pics of a 60 year old woman?

More seriously, what does your diet look like?
Ive been trying to come across some pics like that bit havent had any luck.

I feel like my diet is pretty good. Im following principles of the vertical diet.

Breakfast is a smoothie with .5c carrot, .5c blueberries, .5banana, 1c spinach and 1c yogurt.

Intraworkout: karbolyn and bcaa/eaa

Lunch is 10oz lean meat- sirloin, ground beef, chicken breast(i do eat salmon twice a week), 1c veggies(squash/zuch/bell peppers), 1c potato, swt potato or rice, 16oz milk

Afternoon: 1 orange and 2 scoops protein

Dinner: same as lunch

I eat that very consistently 5 days a week. Days off from work i stray a bit but i really dont eat much junk or binge even when i do have some pizza or something.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't say that it will provide the benefit you are looking for, but have you given any thought to increasing healthy fats, maintaining protein and reducing carbs? I have found a huge benefit in doing so.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mine went down and the only think different is strict lower glycemic carbs and good fats. I haven’t had a piece of cheese in 6 weeks

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can't say that it will provide the benefit you are looking for, but have you given any thought to increasing healthy fats, maintaining protein and reducing carbs? I have found a huge benefit in doing so.
I can look into it.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mine went down and the only think different is strict lower glycemic carbs and good fats. I haven’t had a piece of cheese in 6 weeks
Agreed. I see that a potato on the list of food consumed. Unless I am mistaken, a "regular" potato is worse than a teaspoon of sugar -- in terms of the glycemic index.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So no dairy at all?

I used to be all about oats and quinoa but i cant do it anymore. Too hard on the GI and my starfish cant take the abuse. Sweet potato is my preferred but costco doesnt sell them, so i may opt for something different if thats where i shopped that week.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I won't say I don't eat dairy at all, but I've sure cut it down. What I have tried to eliminate is sugar and any carbs that are not fibrous.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thoughts, suggestions?
You taking any GHRP, mk677 or HGH?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So no dairy at all?

I used to be all about oats and quinoa but i cant do it anymore. Too hard on the GI and my starfish cant take the abuse. Sweet potato is my preferred but costco doesnt sell them, so i may opt for something different if thats where i shopped that week.
Yup trainer followed diet. And bro, I’ve never transformed like this in my life, on jack fucking **** amount of gear too.
Trim steak-egg whites-avocado
Chicken-rice
Almonds-protein powder
Chicken-rice
Karbolyn/bcaa
Protein powder-fruit-sugary rice cereal
Chicken rice
And then add in coconut oil and greens at every meal.
I’ve lost 14 lbs and am substantially bigger. WTF?!
Gut health is like a babies all of a sudden. No constipation any more. After years of it.
Fat is melting off me and and I can see veins and striations in spots I’ve never seen them before.
And we haven’t even started bulking or cutting yet. This is just clean up. Best money I’ve ever spent on my physique in my life.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup trainer followed diet. And bro, I’ve never transformed like this in my life, on jack fucking **** amount of gear too.
Chicken-rice
Almonds-protein powder
Chicken-rice
Karbolyn/bcaa
Chicken rice
Gut health is like a babies all of a sudden. No constipation any more. After years of it.
Fat is melting off me and and I can see veins and striations in spots I’ve never seen them before.
And we haven’t even started bulking or cutting yet. This is just clean up. Best money I’ve ever spent on my physique in my life.
And the alternating day is more tilapia and white potatoes.
Off days, carbs get cut in half, fats double. I am gaining more muscle than being on twice the gear and 1k more calories so something is working well here.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Chicken-rice
Almonds-protein powder
Chicken-rice
Karbolyn/bcaa
Chicken rice
I actually just hired a coach but dont start with him until february cause hes booked that far out. Im hoping for the same type of result.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually just hired a coach but dont start with him until february cause hes booked that far out. Im hoping for the same type of result.
It was really hard to swallow that what I’ve been doing isn’t the right way, but this guy destroys me in the knowledge arena. I’m doing 2 exercises for chest a week which is just nuts to me, and my chest is fuller and has lost no size or strength while losing 14lbs. My legs are really where I’m impressed. 6 weeks time and they’ve improved more than I did on my own since February.
The worst part is, some of the stuff he’s got me doing, I KNEW I should be doing, but I just don’t. I know tall guys need to front squat, I know my negatives need to be slower,etc etc, but I’m always chasing heavy weight and these things get sacrificed. So much value to working with a knowledgeable coach. People spending thousands of dollars on gear in a year and you can have an detailed online coach for 2k for the entire year and don’t even need more than a cruise dose.
I freaking can’t wait to see what we can do on a blast starting next week.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was really hard to swallow that what I’ve been doing isn’t the right way, but this guy destroys me in the knowledge arena. I’m doing 2 exercises for chest a week which is just nuts to me, and my chest is fuller and has lost no size or strength while losing 14lbs. My legs are really where I’m impressed. 6 weeks time and they’ve improved more than I did on my own since February.
The worst part is, some of the stuff he’s got me doing, I KNEW I should be doing, but I just don’t. I know tall guys need to front squat, I know my negatives need to be slower,etc etc, but I’m always chasing heavy weight and these things get sacrificed. So much value to working with a knowledgeable coach. People spending thousands of dollars on gear in a year and you can have an detailed online coach for 2k for the entire year and don’t even need more than a cruise dose.
I freaking can’t wait to see what we can do on a blast starting next week.
Yeah my guy is a lot pricier than that but hes practically an encyclopedia, sits on study review boards and maintains a 6-8% bf year around. He impresses the hell out of me. First ive come across that i decided, i want this guy to coach me, without even knowing what the cost was. Probably wont be able to do it for more than a couple months at a time but ive seen some 8 week before and afters with his clients so i think itll be worth it.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Chicken-rice
Almonds-protein powder
Chicken-rice
Karbolyn/bcaa
Chicken rice
Damn I need to learn what your trainer does, I gotta get clients results like this. I can get my girls squatting 155 160 easy even in the low 200s but I’ve never been great at the weight loss area

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn I need to learn what your trainer does, I gotta get clients results like this. I can get my girls squatting 155 160 easy even in the low 200s but I’ve never been great at the weight loss area
Something that blew my mind a few weeks ago was watching this girl do squats with her bf. She was going set for set with him but i wasnt paying any attention to the weight until they got up to 255lbs. She was like 5’2, looked like she was probably a cheerleader. Had the gymnast build but was petite. My first thought was there was no way in hell. But she completed the set then went for 275 and failed. But that was seriously impressive.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Something that blew my mind a few weeks ago was watching this girl do squats with her bf. She was going set for set with him but i wasnt paying any attention to the weight until they got up to 255lbs. She was like 5’2, looked like she was probably a cheerleader. Had the gymnast build but was petite. My first thought was there was no way in hell. But she completed the set then went for 275 and failed. But that was seriously impressive.
I train a mom that squats 225 for reps but she doesn’t want to go higher than 225 because it’ll make her too big lol. She probably pushes 260 though. Her son squats 510. Crazy watching them lift. Women can be wild af

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I train a mom that squats 225 for reps but she doesn’t want to go higher than 225 because it’ll make her too big lol. She probably pushes 260 though. Her son squats 510. Crazy watching them lift. Women can be wild af
Interestingly enough, this trainer ive lined up says women can actually handle a higher training volume than men can. Wouldnt have thought that.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interestingly enough, this trainer ive lined up says women can actually handle a higher training volume than men can. Wouldnt have thought that.
They can, the only big difference is that they hold a higher bodyfat % than men (well most men) and there’s a little bit of a difference in terms of recovery post workout and how the body grows but overall you can push them as hard as men. One of my athletes who’s a female just cleaned 70kg yesterday. That’s more than most high school men can. I doubt she will hit 100kg but she’s strong.

I may be missing something but for the most part they aren’t too different. I mean **** a female just benched like 300 something a bit ago, just have to be on enough testosterone lol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pics of Mom?
Don’t have any nor could I post them anyway as she didn’t sign the waiver for image release. She’s yolked though
Sorry OP for detailing your thread

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was just kidding ....
I would have sent a pic if she had, she’s impressively built especially for being 52. The little high schoolers **** their pants when she squats cause she does almost double what some of them do lol

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Met with my pcp and she wasnt too concerned about the a1c considering fasting glucose and insulin were fine. Wants to keep an eye on but no reason to freak out.

Other labs came back today. Mostly good. Thyroid stuff all normal. Test and estro normal though DHEA was high- never heard anyone talk about that so dunno how much that matters, an effect of still being on clomid maybe?

LDL was 3 points out of range, not too worried about that. Ill grab another bottle of cardarine. My RDW was a couple percent high. Never seen talk of that either.

Interestingly enough, my glucose on this second set of labs was 5pts lower than on the ones that came back yesterday even though the blood was drawn at the same time.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would have sent a pic if she had, she’s impressively built especially for being 52. The little high schoolers **** their pants when she squats cause she does almost double what some of them do lol
I know that feel. Was doing standing ohp with 80kg for sets of 4. Suddenly besides me comes this smoking hot black girl and squats, i am not sure 100%, but it was between 120 and 140kg.

Daaaaamn.
Needless to say, that 80kg was light as fuk that day hahaha.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Met with my pcp and she wasnt too concerned about the a1c considering fasting glucose and insulin were fine. Wants to keep an eye on but no reason to freak out.

Other labs came back today. Mostly good. Thyroid stuff all normal. Test and estro normal though DHEA was high- never heard anyone talk about that so dunno how much that matters, an effect of still being on clomid maybe?

LDL was 3 points out of range, not too worried about that. Ill grab another bottle of cardarine. My RDW was a couple percent high. Never seen talk of that either.

Interestingly enough, my glucose on this second set of labs was 5pts lower than on the ones that came back yesterday even though the blood was drawn at the same time.
Pics of MD?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pics of MD?
Nah she aint nothing to get a chubby over. Though it was really odd when i went in with hemorrhoids a couple years ago and she had to look at my butthole.