Blood work template

BobDigital

Awards
Sorry if this is a repost; I did try searching, but perhaps my search terms weren't right.

Can anybody share a list of all parameters somebody using AAS should be asking for in blood work?

My current blood work has...
Total test
Free test
Estradiol
Liver panel
Lipid panel
Metabolic/kidney panel
RBC/Hematocrit/etc.

What am I missing?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you gonna be running gh or insulin?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Hyde

I'm tagging this guy because I know he's gonna remember it off top of his head way better then me.

Hyde, if you have the time, how bout a bare bones basic list, and then a more comprehensive but still reasonable list of add on.

And then if anybody wants the most extensive and ridiculous list possible go check out vigorous steve For the whole kit n kaboodal 7 million dollar blood panel lol. I'm exaggerating but his list is beyond extensive. Half the stuff I've never heard of

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe we can fine a way to make it a sticky or IL screen shot the list. Then in the future when people ask this question we can just pop up your list Of the basics and then with the Add ons

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you go Justin harris' website something like ream troponin or something he has a bloodwork panel made for bodybuilders, a basic one and then one crazy one. He's big Paul's coach so he's legit and you can order his panel through Marek health but they're wicked expensive but you could still get the list and take it to your doctor

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On top of my head what I usually get :
CMP (complete male panel)
Liver panel
Kidney panel
Thyroids complete panel
cholestérol panel
CBC (complete blood count)
C-Reactive protein
Basic panel (electrolytes potassium sodium etc)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On top of my head what I usually get :
CMP (complete male panel)
Liver panel
Kidney panel
Thyroids complete panel
cholestérol panel
CBC (complete blood count)
C-Reactive protein
Basic panel (electrolytes potassium sodium etc)
This is similar to what I like. In the US, the electrolytes, liver, & kidney are largely included in the CMP. So I always get:

-CMP
-CBC
-Lipids

Maybe half the time I will pull:

-C-Reactive Protein (if I am blasting/high stress block & expect a potential elevation)
-PSA
-Vitamin D3
-Thyroid Panel or at least TSH
-Ferritin (if blood is expected to be thick, I want to know general iron levels to determine if donation/increased IP6 use is appropriate)

Someone doing PCT would also want to know LH, FSH, Total T, Free T, Estradiol (Ultrasensitive E2), and possibly SHBG.

If you use HGH, HbA1C & full Thyroid are going to be something to monitor. Possibly insulin levels as well (even if glucose over time is being managed well, if the pancreas is having to run to hard to keep up you’re still spending a lot of time in a hyper-insulinemic state pushing towards diabetes).

WhosThat2012

WhosThat2012

Awards
Is there any good recommended websites to order panels from? Specifically for Labcorp, which is the only one local to me within like 120 miles.

Somewhere to order the panels from.. that I can take directly to the lab themselves.
That way I can avoid my primary care doctor and avoid other doctors that would otherwise have it on my medcial chart.. which would also avoid any links to my insurance.

And for a novice to google them, a lot of prices are outrageous.. and I'm hoping maybe there's a board sponsor maybe or another tried and true website that's reasonable.

I'm USA based btw.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there any good recommended websites to order panels from? Specifically for Labcorp, which is the only one local to me within like 120 miles.

Somewhere to order the panels from.. that I can take directly to the lab themselves.
That way I can avoid my primary care doctor and avoid other doctors that would otherwise have it on my medcial chart.. which would also avoid any links to my insurance.

And for a novice to google them, a lot of prices are outrageous.. and I'm hoping maybe there's a board sponsor maybe or another tried and true website that's reasonable.

I'm USA based btw.
Privatemdlabs you can order through Lab Corp, but it is more expensive than Quest. Google their discount code because they always have one active every month.

BobDigital

Awards
Are you gonna be running gh or insulin?
Nope... so far, just used test, primo, deca, and anavar and don't have any reason to use anything different at this point. Great results and zero visible sides; just want to make sure I'm looking at all the important internal markers.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nope... so far, just used test, primo, deca, and anavar and don't have any reason to use anything different at this point. Great results and zero visible sides; just want to make sure I'm looking at all the important internal markers.
The reason I asked is because if yiu are/were you going to want A1C and all of the glucose tests as well but those are probably included in a full panel anyways

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Marek Health is something I have never used personally because they’re a bit pricier, but for anyone wanting a doctor to review their bloods with them off insurance record, out of pocket, that’s a service they offer I’ve heard good things about. They are used to working with TRT and athletes trying to push things is kind of the sales pitch.

If you don’t know what to do about messed up values, getting bloodwork isn’t that helpful.

The reason I asked is because if yiu are/were you going to want A1C and all of the glucose tests as well but those are probably included in a full panel anyways
It’s not part of a basic CMP, just glucose at time of draw.

Ultalabtests is what I’ve been using the most if you have a nearby Quest because in addition to some affordable bundles that will have Hemoglobin A1C, it’s pretty affordable to do a lot of ala carte additions if needed.