Blood work showing high prolactin? Any suggestions on how to lower it?

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Had some bloodwork done last week. Everything came back pretty solid for the most part except prolactin. Normal range for labcorp is 4-15,mine was 21. Not off the charts high, but I would at least like it at high normal.

Other results were
Total test - 875
Estradiol - 24
LH - 8.6
FSH - 3.5
Free test - 22 (range 6.8-21.5)
SHBG - 39.5 (range 16.5-55.9)
Im not on trt or any other anabolics other then natural sources such as boron,tongkat,3 4 div/stinging nettle. Recently ran sustain alpha for 3 weeks and currently taking animal test.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Inhibit P should help or really any dopamine agonist. Add zinc in to help the B6 in inhibit P. If none of that works can always try prami or caber. Never tried caber before but prami you have to be careful with and start very conservatively. I would say last resort.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
... your doc may also want to to a ct scan just to rule out prolactinoma.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Inhibit P should help or really any dopamine agonist. Add zinc in to help the B6 in inhibit P. If none of that works can always try prami or caber. Never tried caber before but prami you have to be careful with and start very conservatively. I would say last resort.
Thanks bro. I am currently taking zinc. Ill look into inhibit P. Looking to stay natural since its not to high. Not sure what made it jump up but im hopeing something otc will work since im not to far out of range.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
... your doc may also want to to a ct scan just to rule out prolactinoma.
Lol ****. Hopefully im nowhere near needing one of them yet. I was taking some dhea a few months ago but stopped because it started giving me headaches and was giving me erection problems. I didn't know at the time how estrogenic it was supposedly. Looking back i feel foolish taking it because really didn't even need it.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lol ****. Hopefully im nowhere near needing one of them yet. I was taking some dhea a few months ago but stopped because it started giving me headaches and was giving me erection problems. I didn't know at the time how estrogenic it was supposedly. Looking back i feel foolish taking it because really didn't even need it.
Yeah I wouldn't sweat it. I had one done before I went on TRT at around the same levels and it was nothing. I'm thinking it was caused by my kratom usage at the time.

A lot of people prefer TD DHEA, suppose to be less aromatization, especially if applied in certain areas. But unless you were using it as a "base" or had a deficiency, I'd save the money for something else.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Yeah I wouldn't sweat it. I had one done before I went on TRT at around the same levels and it was nothing. I'm thinking it was caused by my kratom usage at the time.

A lot of people prefer TD DHEA, suppose to be less aromatization, especially if applied in certain areas. But unless you were using it as a "base" or had a deficiency, I'd save the money for something else.
I started taking the oral dhea for no reason other then just looking to get a little boost in the gym as im still natural. Knowing what I do now, it was a waste as you said. Apex has that new TD with dhea and 3 4 div. Any thoughts on that?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Inhibit p definitely works, so does p5p. Both helped stop oozing nipples on mk677.

Great total and free test btw. You must be young.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Inhibit p definitely works, so does p5p. Both helped stop oozing nipples on mk677.

Great total and free test btw. You must be young.
Definitely going to try the inhibit p. Lol about the mk677. Never tried it but at least I know how to prevent prolactin build up 😆. And thanks man, I run 3 4 div,and viron. The 3 4 div I get from the animal test but there are other supps im sure you know of that have it. And I also use different sources of boron like calcium fructoborate. And I get my vid d,zinc,magnesium,ksm 66 in daily. Some people dont think 3 4 div makes a difference on free test. But ive taken it solo and can say it 100% works.