Blood tests - to be expected??

RudeBadger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So it's been a while since my Pct so have had some bloods done. All came back good, testosterone microscopically above last one....which was nice.

But ALT came in an the high side 75 in/l when normal range is 0-50. I've been reading up and evidence suggests this can be caused by heavy training. I trained hard Thurs, sat and Sunday and had bloods drawn Tuesday morning. Anyone got experience here??

My creatinine was also slightly above normal but happy that just creatine supplementation

Really just wondering if the articles I've read tie up people's experiences. Only way to really see to will be to stay away from the gym for a week and retest.... Which I really don't want to do

Cheers

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
~72 hours post training, longer if that session was more traumatic like legs, squatting, deadlifting, strongman events. I benched last Friday and had bloods pulled Monday morning and my values were all in range.

RudeBadger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
~72 hours post training, longer if that session was more traumatic like legs, squatting, deadlifting, strongman events. I benched last Friday and had bloods pulled Monday morning and my values were all in range.
Cheers, trained Sunday afternoon. Bloods drawn Monday morning. My bad thought it was Thursday today!! Doh...... So I'd say 16hrs tops....

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never had liver values out of range due to training. I know this is possible, but I actually don't think I've seen it yet. Maybe they'll go from 25 to 35 or something like that. But not to 75. This is probably due to something else IMO. Are you taking anything else atm?

RudeBadger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Never had liver values out of range due to training. I know this is possible, but I actually don't think I've seen it yet. Maybe they'll go from 25 to 35 or something like that. But not to 75. This is probably due to something else IMO. Are you taking anything else atm?
Nope, all other values are spot on......

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to train harder

It can affect kidney values as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've had mine triple taken about 12 hours after training, had to go back and get rechecked 3 days later and they were normal

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've had mine triple taken about 12 hours after training, had to go back and get rechecked 3 days later and they were normal
And mind you oral steroids don't put me much if any out of range

RudeBadger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So high first then dropped??

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok. I don't hear/read this kind of info often. As I said, mine never got over reference range but orals put me way above it, all of them. So, OP, looks like it could just be your training. Go get them checked again if it's not a big hassle.

RudeBadger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ok. I don't hear/read this kind of info often. As I said, mine never got over reference range but orals put me way above it, all of them. So, OP, looks like it could just be your training. Go get them checked again if it's not a big hassle.
Sound like a plan, cheers guys

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not saying it's his training. Just that training can dramatically elevate it too close to bloodwork. As far as orals go, they just don't mess with my liver, I used to be a extremely heavy drinker too, like 20 drinks a day. my liver should be toast by now but nope, normal. Im more concerned with there cardiovascular system effects orals may have on me.