Blood Pressure

A

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
So I’ve been drinking coffee for past few years which included expresso shots totaling ab 400-500mg a day. Now I have cut back since I have been battling high blood pressure. However, I still have high blood pressure on 200mg of caffeine. Could this be the cause of blood pressure issues? Did I do permanent damage ? I’ve tried to stop 3-4 days and actually not much improvement. Would it take longer to clear it out of my system ?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How high is your blood pressure? What are the numbers? There’s a lot more to BP than caffeine.

A

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Heart is great via ekg. Only thing is caffeine, low dhea perhaps? 145-92 or so. Not real sure about cortisol either. Going to doctor in a week to see. What things could cause it hormonally? Water weight?

J

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Not a long term fix but CEL cycle assist keeps mine in check nicely.

Also don’t underestimate proper hydration. This includes electrolytes including sodium.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Heart is great via ekg. Only thing is caffeine, low dhea perhaps? 145-92 or so. Not real sure about cortisol either. Going to doctor in a week to see. What things could cause it hormonally? Water weight?
Water weight could, yes, but estrogen too high, estrogen too low, testosterone too high or too low, micronutrient deficiency, anxiety/white coat syndrome, are also possible reasons. I’ve dealt with several of these and finally have mine in check with healthy hormone levels, balanced micronutrient levels/ratios, enough potassium and magnesium, telmisartan and high dose CBD.

A

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Are you on trt? My test levels were above 1500 on my last blood work so cut back the dose. Currently taking 30mg twice a week hoping to find the right dose for all. Was taking 200mg weekly. My free test was super low is the reason of starting trt. Now it’s on top level of range but total t seems way too high. Shbg was high and has since lowered with trt

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you on trt? My test levels were above 1500 on my last blood work so cut back the dose. Currently taking 30mg twice a week hoping to find the right dose for all. Was taking 200mg weekly. My free test was super low is the reason of starting trt. Now it’s on top level of range but total t seems way too high. Shbg was high and has since lowered with trt
I take 50mg test cyp twice per week, no AI. My test levels are 600-700 total and free test ~20 with top of range 25. My e2 sits too low naturally and increasing my test dose doesn’t increase it by much, but my Hemoglobin and hematocrit skyrocket.

A

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Skyrocket as in how much above range. My rbc is slightly elevated

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Skyrocket as in how much above range. My rbc is slightly elevated
120mg per week takes my crit to at least 54. 180mg per week with hcg took it to 58. 100mg per week and it sits around 48-50.