Blood Pressure On PCT after THE ONE

SWOLL

Awards
Ive always been known to have healthy BP levels before cycle i was 132/77 i believe and im on my third week of pct and decided to check my BP and it was 150/78....the first number is high and i am a bit worried. is this because of my pct im taking 2nd gear and post cycle support by AI....should i be concerned or this is normal???

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Ive always been known to have healthy BP levels before cycle i was 132/77 i believe and im on my third week of pct and decided to check my BP and it was 150/78....the first number is high and i am a bit worried. is this because of my pct im taking 2nd gear and post cycle support by AI....should i be concerned or this is normal???
It is most likely due to the cycle and was probably higher 3 weeks ago although 132 would be considered prehypertensive by some physicians.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Thats not exactly a really high BP.. the systolic is slightly elevated.. and the diastolic in a good range: your mean is around 110.. which is only 10 higher than what an average BP mean should be (100)..
Did you take it after exercising or doing something?.. Test it again in a day or two.. I don't really see this as something to worry about.. but monitor it and if it keeps going up then maybe slow the doses of your supps to see if it was infact the PCT causing it.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
seth, while your right.. the FDA and Doctors are constantly changing the numbers to what is considered hypertension and what not.. prehypertension is a joke.. the numbers change so the Pharmaceutical companies can make more money by making the number ranges bigger- hence more people are within the numbers..
But thats neither here nor there..

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Thats not exactly a really high BP.. the systolic is slightly elevated.. and the diastolic in a good range: your mean is around 110.. which is only 10 higher than what an average BP mean should be (100)..
Did you take it after exercising or doing something?.. Test it again in a day or two.. I don't really see this as something to worry about.. but monitor it and if it keeps going up then maybe slow the doses of your supps to see if it was infact the PCT causing it.
Wile prehypertension may be a joke, a systolic in the 150's is certainly hypertensive and is no joke. At one time, systolic hypertension was not deemed to be as important as diastolic, that is not the case today. I know there is a lot of conspiracy out there with regard to pharmaceutical companies but trust me, insurance companies are not going to go along with treating people just to earn the pharmaceutical companies money because then the insurance companies lose out.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Just make sure you get some repeat readings under true resting conditions to make sure you are getting true readings. Also make sure they are using the right size cuff.
If you have done those things and your systolic BP is truly 150, it's something you should keep an eye on and address if it doesn't improve.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Wile prehypertension may be a joke, a systolic in the 150's is certainly hypertensive and is no joke. At one time, systolic hypertension was not deemed to be as important as diastolic, that is not the case today. I know there is a lot of conspiracy out there with regard to pharmaceutical companies but trust me, insurance companies are not going to go along with treating people just to earn the pharmaceutical companies money because then the insurance companies lose out.
Yeah I agree, 150 is high.. I work in the OR during heart surgeries.. and while we wait till about 155-160 to give dilators (mostly because we try to use as few drugs as possible), we usually use the mean to be our indicator for hypertension.. Also, we watch systolic a little more closely in surgeries due to heart wall tension during expulsion.. not that we ignore diastolic tho.

SWOLL

Awards
thanks for all the input i really do appreciate it!
this just makes me nervous about how high it couldve been on cycle!
is their anything i can take to lower the top number? i know celery seed is good but idk how effective it could be. im hoping after PCT is done my numbers fall back to normal because ever physical ive ever had has shown ideal bp...is this common during cycles though? how much longer after a cycle does it take to bring these numbers down? and on a cycle higher BP is expected but whats too high that the cycle should be stopped??? all these questions if even slightly answered would greatly benefit me! thank you im young fit and healthy too...23 - 6'1 - 178

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
my bp is 117over 56 all the time. it would suck if it was 150s

SWOLL

Awards
just measured my levels again today.
they are down to 140/79 with 79 BPM....im still taking post cycle support by anabolic innovations but am down to 1 pill a day should i have anything to worry about or it takes a little while after a cycle to get BP levels back to norm?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
just measured my levels again today.
they are down to 140/79 with 79 BPM....im still taking post cycle support by anabolic innovations but am down to 1 pill a day should i have anything to worry about or it takes a little while after a cycle to get BP levels back to norm?
It can take a little while. Have you been losing weight too?