Blood pressure and heart rate after workouts

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
I have noticed that more often than not, my blood pressure and heart rate remain elevated for hours after lifting and/or HIIT.

This time last year I had a full cardio work up done. I have anxiety, and it turns out that it was what was causing my "heart problems..."

I am 26, male, 205 lbs, 5'8, about 15% bf.

I take a pre-workout prior to training.

Anyone experience a similar situation?

Thanks!

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
I have noticed that more often than not, my blood pressure and heart rate remain elevated for hours after lifting and/or HIIT.

This time last year I had a full cardio work up done. I have anxiety, and it turns out that it was what was causing my "heart problems..."

I am 26, male, 205 lbs, 5'8, about 15% bf.

I take a pre-workout prior to training.

Anyone experience a similar situation?

Thanks!

Have u checked after a workout when u dont take a preworkout?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
It's likely that the pre workout is still in your system.

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
After tapering off doctor prescribed gabaergic drugs I kept having episodes where my heart would suddenly start beating very rapidly and out of normal rhythm. Usually during intense cardio, such as wrestling or boxing.

That went on randomly for about a year and needless to say scared the **** out of me. Once my sleep returned to normal and anxiety lessened everything went back to normal.

How's your sleep? Do you wake up a lot after vivid dreams?

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
After tapering off doctor prescribed gabaergic drugs I kept having episodes where my heart would suddenly start beating very rapidly and out of normal rhythm. Usually during intense cardio, such as wrestling or boxing.

That went on randomly for about a year and needless to say scared the **** out of me. Once my sleep returned to normal and anxiety lessened everything went back to normal.

How's your sleep? Do you wake up a lot after vivid dreams?

My sleep is often interrupted, and I do have vivid dreams sometimes.

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
I don't know if it's a feasible option for you, but my problems with anxiety/heart problems finally quit once able to legally use cannabis to improve sleep at night. I live somewhere that this is legal but it may not be for you. I also wouldn't recommend this due to me not wanting to be liable for anything lol

I would suggest going to your doctor and participating in a sleep study to see what is wrong. I do notice that when I awake more frequently following REM & vivid nightmares I also have problems with my heart beating out of control. At the worst point I was waking up 8-10 times a night with extremely vivid dreams

JennyHaskins

Awards
Physical activity not only helps control your blood pressure, it also helps you manage your weight, strengthen your heart and manage your stress level. A healthy weight, a strong heart and general emotional health are all good for your blood pressure.