Bloated Big mid section.

B

Bill Bass

Awards
Hi team.

I'm trying to bulk up at the moment in order to gain weight.

I'm weight training 4 time's a week and at a high pace keeping heart rate up.

I'm a landscape gardener and am active every day so would class myself as quite fit.

Problem is trying to put on weight eating like a horse and protein shakes and aminos.

I eat very healthy in this bulking stage but just a lot and it's bloating me right up giving me a bigggg belly lol not flabby at all just big. Can still see abs etc etc.

Any recommendation to help stop this.

I drink plenty water and eat lots of fruit.
Thanks in advance.

5ft 9
12st 12lbs

I'd say maybe 20%bf

I've put on about a stone in 4weeks of eating and training as I was skinny'ish so everything going well just hate this bloat I have.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you want an opinion I’ll give you one!! You’re not alone a lot of people do that but it makes no sense to me.. why would you bulk at 20% bf? IMO nobody should ever think about bulking unless you’re around 13-14%. Personally I’d never bulk until I’m 10% and I’d call a bulk successful when I’m done and I managed to stay like 13-14%. If you’re really 20% you should never think about bulking unless you’re a powerlifter and you need to be fat. Not really a surprise that you’re gonna be bloated and look like **** on a bulk if you’re 20% bf.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree that 20 percent body fat is way to high to bulk for too many reasons to list.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you can see abs your most likely under 20%. Idk any1 with abs at 20% bf. If your truly just bloated then maybe your gut health is screwed up and your not digesting food properly? If you post your typical daily diet and a pic I could get a better understanding of if it's body fat or bloat and maybe help a little more

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also people mix up abs and belly abs, it sounds funny but it’s serious lol. Like at 15% people think they see abs it’s not really abs. I know everybody want to be big but what’s the point of being big if you’re fat. Gotta go one step at a time

B

Bill Bass

Awards
I don't actually know my bf precisely it was a rough guess to be honest. It was. I'm trying to take some pics but saying files to large lol. Thanks all for the help.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s a joke grandpa you’re sexy as hell 😘

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It’s a joke grandpa you’re sexy as hell 😘
I still need to slim down 2% of BF, so no, no joke. Its your fold if I get anorexic because of shaming.
:)

J

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't actually know my bf precisely it was a rough guess to be honest. It was. I'm trying to take some pics but saying files to large lol. Thanks all for the help.
Dude don’t bulk at 20 percent body fat. I started a bulk at about that size and after two weeks into an 8 week cycle I got my senses back thanks to guys on here and am cutting for the last 6 week of my current cycle. Trust me bulks at that body fat percentage don’t end well! If you don’t want to cut you can at least recomp instead of bulking.

Deadlifter99

Deadlifter99

Awards
Protein powder can definitely bloat up your stomach and for some people fruit can as well. As soon as I stopped using protein powder I stopped farting I swear it was bad throughout my teens then at 21 I cut out protein powder and it was a miracle. I also get a bloated stomach if I wait too long to eat and acid builds up.