Unanswered Bloated bellies

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have bloated belly no matter how hard they train... ? Seems be genetic related with no fat burner working to shred belly... share thoughts?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your stomach is not happy with your feeding it (including stress)? Do you use any stims?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your stomach is not happy with your feeding it (including stress)? Do you use any stims?
Yeh, to cups of coffee and energy drink a day.. never thought there was a connection? Can you explain more

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeh, to cups of coffee and energy drink a day.. never thought there was a connection? Can you explain more
Stress in the gut (from stims and a combination of life's stress) can certainly cause bloating. However, the bloating is a sign that the gut (and bowel) are not happy. When they are not happy, food sensitivities occur, nuitrients are not utilized properly, the gut cannot properl supply the brain much needed serotonin etc.. etc.. etc... Fix the bloat and amazing things will happen. I would start with dumping the daily energy drink. It may be tough for the first couple of weeks, but you will get rewarded with much more energy and vitality than it is providing. Good luck....

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stress in the gut (from stims and a combination of life's stress) can certainly cause bloating. However, the bloating is a sign that the gut (and bowel) are not happy. When they are not happy, food sensitivities occur, nuitrients are not utilized properly, the gut cannot properl supply the brain much needed serotonin etc.. etc.. etc... Fix the bloat and amazing things will happen. I would start with dumping the daily energy drink. It may be tough for the first couple of weeks, but you will get rewarded with much more energy and vitality than it is providing. Good luck....
I’m in the same boat...been on and off ECA stack and energy drinks for years and no matter what I do my stomach always ends up bloated and I always hold fat on chest...my cortisol is probably all faaacked up. Stimulants are so hard to drop even though I know it’s counterproductive to be taking them.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m in the same boat...been on and off ECA stack and energy drinks for years and no matter what I do my stomach always ends up bloated and I always hold fat on chest...my cortisol is probably all faaacked up. Stimulants are so hard to drop even though I know it’s counterproductive to be taking them.
I dropped them all together except 2-3 cups of coffee a day and my life has changed dramatically. You deserve to get what you have been working for...

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dropped them all together except 2-3 cups of coffee a day and my life has changed dramatically. You deserve to get what you have been working for...
What did you notice once cutting back?

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Never in my life have I been bloated by stims or caffeine, crazy!! I can tell you foods that I know for a fact that bloat you.
DAIRY
BEER
SODA
GARLIC
BEANS
WHEY PROTEIN
BROCCOLI
PROCESSED FOODS

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Better, bigger and more satisyfying bowel movements, increased energy and drive, reduced food sensitivity (for example, I can eat some dairy now without it being a big deal), better insulin sensitivity / reduced food craving, better recovery, better pump, increased strength / better utilization of nuitrients, recuction in depression and anxiety, better sleep. Physical changes like muscle growth or fat loss happen much easier (I am 52 yrs btw). I also use a pro-biotic which I believe helped get my gut better sooner.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Never in my life have I been bloated by stims or caffeine, crazy!! I can tell you foods that I know for a fact that bloat you.
DAIRY
BEER
SODA
GARLIC
BEANS
WHEY PROTEIN
BROCCOLI
PROCESSED FOODS
Good for you brother. You must have a strong gut. I know I can't handle them anymore at all and am doing much better without them (52 yrs old).

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better, bigger and more satisyfying bowel movements, increased energy and drive, reduced food sensitivity (for example, I can eat some dairy now without it being a big deal), better insulin sensitivity / reduced food craving, better recovery, better pump, increased strength / better utilization of nuitrients, recuction in depression and anxiety, better sleep. Physical changes like muscle growth or fat loss happen much easier (I am 52 yrs btw). I also use a pro-biotic which I believe helped get my gut better sooner.
Whic probiotic you use, imtried recently something called Elixir

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whic probiotic you use, imtried recently something called Elixir
I know its light duty in the ingredients department, but I have got the best results from hyperbotics better body.
Gut Health does not agree with me / tried to implement it multiple times. Some other popular pro-biotics I found did nothing really - even though they had great reviews and a great ingredients panel. Heard good things about Neobium Suprabiotic (DPS nuitrition) and will probably give that a try after I am done my lot of hyperbotics better body.
How did Elixir treat you? How long did you take it?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Unfortunately the only thing that I’ve noticed helps me is extended fasting. I think I have it worse as I am a big guy (need the fuel) but have a short torso

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Unfortunately the only thing that I’ve noticed helps me is extended fasting. I think I have it worse as I am a big guy (need the fuel) but have a short torso
IF has really worked for me too

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to agree with @Ptlhains about cutting caffeine. Not sure if it is your bloating issue and if you told me this a month ago I would have thought you were INSANE.

I have been getting worse and worse in the morning. I have NEVER been a morning person in my entire life. Even my boss teases me about my not being a morning person. But I went from waking up at 6:30-7 to really struggling to get out of bed anytime between 7-8 in the morning. I was waking up feeling like I was hit by a mack truck despite having slept 7.5-8 hours.

One day, drinking my afternoon pot of coffee, I just felt nauseous. I mean, yeah, I did a lot of caffeine. Coffee. energy drinks, all day by the quart.

Suddenly the idea of coffee made me nauseous and the next morning I felt sick thinking about drinking it so I cut it and the energy drinks out. Honestly, I had rough days on days 2 and 3.

But since cutting it out I have been waking up naturally, without an alarm between 5-6 every morning. I also have improved mood and less "depression". I am just much happier.

I have been trying to slowly lose weight, but I have gained 3 pounds and have a bigger appetite, slightly. However, my pants feel looser and my belt is loose on a notch tighter.

I am not jazzed and full of energy, but I have more energy and a higher work capacity. Lots of the little stressful things in my jo. that were becoming overwhelming and sometimes seemed like I just couldn't get them done...now don't bother me and I am just getting it done.

I am a total crazy convert....cutting out caffeine has made a huge improvement in my life that even all this doesn't really fully explain.

I am hoping in a couple more weeks, my body will have fully adjusted and I will be even better.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@HIT4ME You went cold turkey? Holy Christ. I tried weening off caffeine and had massive headaches all week long and couldn’t take it anymore so I went back on...and you only had 2 rough days after stopping the amount of caffeine you were consuming?!? Damn... that’s unheard of

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@HIT4ME You went cold turkey? Holy Christ. I tried weening off caffeine and had massive headaches all week long and couldn’t take it anymore so I went back on...and you only had 2 rough days after stopping the amount of caffeine you were consuming?!? Damn... that’s unheard of
Yeah, I have a lot of quirks. I have a high stim tolerance but once I hit my limit I really hate the feeling. I have taken a gram of caffeine in a single dose and been able to sleep soon after. So I think that kind of fooled me - it was probably interfering with my sleep at night at the levels I was using but since I was asleep I thought I was fine.

I also have a quirk that I rarely get a headache. Like...maybe a dozen in my 40 years of life.

I had a mild headache one day. I would say day 1 was mild - tired but not brutal. Like missing an hour or two of sleep.

Day 2 was brutal fatigue. Couldn't think straight, felt week and exhausted.

Day 3 was a less intense version of day 2.

Day 4 was mild tiredness again and a mild headache but both were not enough to make it a bad day

I have fatigue since but it is like...actual tiredness and not a debilitating issue. I feel like I am slowly getting used to no caffeine and my circadian rhythm is adjusting...but I will say my mental health, stress, mood is dramatically different. Like a fog has lifted and I just feel better about things. It is the opposite of what I expected and so hard to really explain how much better I feel.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Even 48 hours seems to “dry” me out for a week or two regardless of how poorly I eat afterwards. Absolutely love the all day vascularity I get after a water fast

Azov

Azov

Awards
Testing for lactose & gluten intolerance and following a FODMAPS diet would be the key.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Testing for lactose & gluten intolerance and following a FODMAPS diet would be the key.
Yep, this basic test, but this is not the issue... maybe ppls genetics different

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thought it would be noted I chugged a bunch of distilled water and had a cleansing and flattening effect on my gut. It is a mild solvent and felt like it pulled a lot of waste out of me. Different schools of thought on if distilled water long term is healthy or not. Thinking of starting another thread on water as there is a lot of knowledge to be gained on he topic.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thought it would be noted I chugged a bunch of distilled water and had a cleansing and flattening effect on my gut. It is a mild solvent and felt like it pulled a lot of waste out of me. Different schools of thought on if distilled water long term is healthy or not. Thinking of starting another thread on water as there is a lot of knowledge to be gained on he topic.
Do it! I’d be very interested to see what folks post in there! Personally, I love some distilled water now and then.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont understand, bottled water, Im thinking may have intolerance to something..

exrugger

Awards
Try eliminating dairy, gluten, and legumes/lectins- one of (or all of them) are likely the issue. Most likely you just need some time to heal so take a break from these foods for a month and see how you feel.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I have a lot of quirks. I have a high stim tolerance but once I hit my limit I really hate the feeling. I have taken a gram of caffeine in a single dose and been able to sleep soon after. So I think that kind of fooled me - it was probably interfering with my sleep at night at the levels I was using but since I was asleep I thought I was fine.

I also have a quirk that I rarely get a headache. Like...maybe a dozen in my 40 years of life.

I had a mild headache one day. I would say day 1 was mild - tired but not brutal. Like missing an hour or two of sleep.

Day 2 was brutal fatigue. Couldn't think straight, felt week and exhausted.

Day 3 was a less intense version of day 2.

Day 4 was mild tiredness again and a mild headache but both were not enough to make it a bad day

I have fatigue since but it is like...actual tiredness and not a debilitating issue. I feel like I am slowly getting used to no caffeine and my circadian rhythm is adjusting...but I will say my mental health, stress, mood is dramatically different. Like a fog has lifted and I just feel better about things. It is the opposite of what I expected and so hard to really explain how much better I feel.
I’ve done about 4 caffeine detoxes the past few years and it’s about the same for me.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What did you notice once cutting back?
Less bloating, much lower food sensitivity, vastly improved recovery, more energy, more strength. Overall feeling better and its been over a year now. My health is improved. I am 52 yrs old and back to squatting over 400lbs each week (natty) and recovering better than I have in years.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am 61 and some call me a stim junkie. I eat lots of meat and dairy with no issues.

cardio + iron is my key, I run at least 2 miles at least 3 times a week-usually it's more, and lift 5 days a week...and I cycle off and on Invictus to keep cortisol in lower range.