Blasting during Covid

Leaf77

Awards
I was rather surprised to not run into this specific subject while searching for posts, so here it is.

What is everyone's personal opinion on whether there are significant risks in deciding to do a blast during this time. I know blasting can negatively affect endurance even just running testosterone, does this or anything else related to blasting cause concern?

Is a moderate blast okay, is there a point where a line is crossed within reason?

This is with the assumption that access to equipment is not an issue.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Idk, I was planning a blast but decided to stay on TRT dose, some say that immune system might be lower on higher doses of anabolics, better safe than sorry. I wouldn’t mind adding lower doses of Primo or Var though.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whilst I agree with this ^^^^ and that was my plan some life events made me say **** it.

I do believe that a sensible blast does present very little risk though (I’m not a doctor though). Bare in mind that generally us fitness minded people will be in a much better starting position than the vast majority of the population. We aren’t obese, we generally eat well and have strong immune systems through our good diet and lifestyle. We typically supplement with micronutrients etc.

imo me compromising my immune system somewhat through a blast still doesn’t place me at greater risk that an obese sedentary individual (or even close).

I am also using ozone therapy to mitigate the risks though so perhaps that helps my lassie faire attitude

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gym opened up and I started a heavy blast. I make sur I wear a mask.wipe down equipment and keep a reasonable distant. I am not that worried

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My gym opened up and I started a heavy blast. I make sur I wear a mask.wipe down equipment and keep a reasonable distant. I am not that worried
How on EARTH can you workout with a mask on?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The mask will help you hit PRs, Larry Wheels and his crew wear them.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How on EARTH can you workout with a mask on?
Yeah I don’t get it either, my gym has a policy that you need to wear a mask when you enter but funny enough nobody cares if you wear it while you workout.

Last edited:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you are older then 75 then yeah probably. Lol Otherwise I wouldn’t worry about it.