Blasting and Cruising Indefinitely

Primordial949

Awards
Gentlemen,

Thank you in advance for your time in responding to my inquiries.

In short, I'm a 41 year-old man who has been training hard and heavy for many, many years natty. As such, I have packed on an appreciable amount of mass and increases in strength. However, the last year has been a big roadblock for me both mentally and physically. It's as though as soon as I hit the big 40, my genetic potential had been reached.

I had bloodwork done and not surprisingly, my T levels are low, my estrogen high, my lipids are of concern and the list goes on. My diet, for the most part, is pretty clean though I could do better. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, which I have since treated so many of my issues could have been related to the untreated sleep apnea. I plan on going in for follow up bloodwork to assess to what level the sleep apnea (CPAP machine) treatment has reversed some of these issues of concern.

Needless to say, I feel I am a TRT candidate and as such have become interested in this blasting and cruising protocol where you never cycle off hormones. This appeals to me more than cycling as at my age (41) I plan on being on TRT long-term anyway and cycling on and off with all that PCT just seems unnecessary and more harsh than just staying on in a blast and cruise manner.

That said, I am entertaining a BLAST of 500-600mg of testosterone propionate per week (dosed 3 x per week on M/W/F) and a CRUISE of 200-300 mg testosterone propionate per week (dosed 3 x per week M/W/F).

My question is: how many weeks on BLAST and how many weeks on CRUISE?

As far as an AI is concerned; Adex; how would I best introduce this into this BLAST and CRUISE protocol?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Stats: 6'2", 255 lbs, 22% bf, age 41

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd change the way you're running the blast and cruise. Use a long ester for the base and weekly HRT then use the short esters to blast. I prefer a shorter blast as the older you get the easier it is to get injured while pushing the gains. Get in, gain, get out and rest.Something like this.

Base weeks (now-forever): 150-300mg Test, the doses depend on bloodwork. I'm not efficient with Test and need 250mg just to stay in range between weekly shots.

Blast weeks (1-6): Layer 300-600mg Test Prop or other short ester anabolics over the base T.

I don't like Arimidex personally since I need really high doses to control E2 but .25-1mg daily since it takes bloodwork to find the right dose.

Primordial949

Awards
Thank you Bad Rad! That is a very interesting alternative and it makes sense. I suppose I struggle with E2 as well considering mine is high at 52 per my last bloodwork panel results (Quest Diagnostics). What do you suppose the long-term, if any, health risks would be associated with blasting and cruising indefinitely in the manner you have proposed? It seems to me the doses in question are reasonable enough to manage and that most of the serious health risks are with those who use a gram + per week for extended periods of time coupled with other compounds. At least testosterone is essentially a bio-identical hormone. Thank you in advance.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The health risks would vary according to individual but uncontrolled estrogen is bad for the prostate and general well being. On the other hand AI tend to skew lipid profiles. There aren't any studies done on healthy populations of men to see what the long term effects are. The 20 week study showed few negative health marlkers overall.

Primordial949

Awards
Thanks again! I do like your idea of reducing the blast phase and staying on the TRT dose on the longer ester throughout. That makes sense to me to just add the shorter ester to the base for a total of 500-600mg of test (both long and short ester combined) during the blast phase and then just dropping the shorter ester during the cruise since it clears the system rather quickly. This seems like very sound advice to me! I was also considering an hcg protocol of one week on and three weeks off throughout to keep the nuts presentable and for those additional benefits. Like you said, E2 management will be a priority so fine tuning the appropriate dose for both blasts and cruise may be a challenge initially.

Primordial949

Awards
Bad Rad, I meant to ask; how much time off between blasts? Blast for 6 weeks and then wait 4 weeks or so to blast again?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd do hCG more often but you can use a lower dose. I've been comptemplating a very similar style of use now. I'm on HRT and find that 6-8 weeks is about as far as I can chase it before my joints need a break. 6 week blast and 6 week cruise seems like were I'll end up.