Blake_201 intermittent fasting ?

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have anyone seen this guy videos?He is eating Hamburgers,Pizza,Hotdogs,and his daily calorie intake is 4000,at one meal a day. The guy looks really healthy and in shape. What is Your thoughts on this eating regimen?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Genetics play a key role
Personal preference is a key aspect

Eating 1 meal a day is not beneficial for muscle protein synthesis, nor is it optimal in the grand scheme of things if your major priority is muscle building. Just like with IF eating in a condensed window doesnt have any more benefit over spacing our your meals. If you cherish MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) there is a reason there is countless studies showing multiple feedings a day to reign supreme over less feedings. You won't be able to spike MPS and allow it to reach its refractory stages for the best results.

Again everyone can do as they please, some people eat once a day because it suits them. There is no one size fits all in this sport. The same can be said with training, we all respond differently to different things.

Not everyone can get away with eating 4,000 calories our metabloisms just dont work that way. I bet if you tried or a large majority of us it just would not suit it, we would get bloated, its too many calories etc.

Don't always try and mimic what others do because we simply are not them. That is the biggest downfall in the sport. People try to immitate others when we don't have their genetics, their work ethic, their recovery and we all respond to things different.

If we were all the same, we would all eat the same meal plan, the same foods, and all train the same way and get the best results. Life doesn't work that way.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What The Solution said. IF can work for some people, and when done right can be solid for maintaining muscle on a cut, but it’s suboptimal for gaining muscle.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I always consumed around 6 meals per day when I was trying to gain muscle, I did this for years. I was diagnosed as diabetic 3 years ago at age 44, I now utilize an IF 18/6 lower carb approach to keep my blood sugars stable. I'm still around 170 with abs but I consume about 1000 calories less. I'm not looking to add any more muscle, quite frankly now at 47, I'm looking to maintain rather than grow.