Bigorexia, a widespread pandemic

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
They have make everything into some kind of disease. I just want to stay in shape. It aint easy especially as I get older. If I can get a little bigger in the process so be it. I don't think I have bigorexia but I sometimes get frustrated with lack of progress.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I guess I have bigorexia. 20" arms and 235lbs isn't enough.. I want 23-4" arms and 270lbs.

Its about progress. Why lift and eat healthy to not improve? Not grow in strength and size?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
They have make everything into some kind of disease. I just want to stay in shape. It aint easy especially as I get older. If I can get a little bigger in the process so be it. I don't think I have bigorexia but I sometimes get frustrated with lack of progress.
Feel the same. It's tough with work and life. I have a hard time trying to find a balance between the two, which leads me to just maintaining...or trying to.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quality over quantity. Bulking up is unhealthy and unappealing aesthetically. Far too many fat guys think they're big and they are just fat. It is counterproductive to fitness and longevity.

BTW - where are the big guys in that vidoe?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quality over quantity. Bulking up is unhealthy and unappealing aesthetically. Far too many fat guys think they're big and they are just fat. It is counterproductive to fitness and longevity.

BTW - where are the big guys in that vidoe?
Exactly.
The image I got before I watched the video was a bunch of fat dudes pounding cheeseburgers after the gym.

Then after I saw the video I just assumed that the reporter put the story together as a way to discredit the hard work a lot of guys actually do put in.

"Yeah having big muscles would be cool... If being unhealthy and mentally unstable is cool."

Yet when we see an increase in obese people the news blames work stress and a million other things. Never do they seem to put the blame on the individuals themselves.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I agree with you guys on big soft guys wanting more size.. I'm extremely lean and know exactly how hard it is to get bigger.. For me anyway. But I want to be bigger.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
First thing I thought of 39669824.jpg

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
they missed the bigger story trollmorphia were guys hang out on BB forums but never lift

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone needs to direct the guys at my gym to that forum lol.

jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
Anorexia is immediately harmful to your health, but "bigorexia" may not have the same obvious detriments. It seems like they're diagnosing this based on an idealized view of how body image should be viewed and seeing this as running counter to that, rather than saying "these people have health problems."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BarryBondsHOF Anabolics 6
Supplements 2
Travis General Chat 37
T-Bone General Chat 8