Bigcountry's Redemption gained Redemption lost log

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Bigcountry's cooking to get big log

Hello Everyone, This is going to be an ongoing training log where I post my routines, diet & recipes, Body weight, Maybe a few pics, and definitely some rants.
My back story

I have been training since I was 14 Back when i used to be a Big fat fatty at 220lbs. Then I had a revelation one day Chicks don't generally like fat guys, so I sucked it up and started dieting and running. Went way over bored and ended up at 135 thinner than my zipper, at about 17 I started to eat and train properly and over the next 3-4 years I blew up to a decent 210 little no neck meat head. Back then My PR's were pretty good at 285 bench, 475-500 squat, 500 dead, then I Got laid off and went to college and took a year and a half off of training and never got back into it after school. I had become a chef and as all of you should know a bodybuilders appetite and a chefs mind without training is an accident waiting to happen . So this past April I finally said enough is enough and started dieting again, picked up doing yoga and started running, and got myself back down to 220 and running 4 miles a day.
Present

Now I'm Basically back to it in the gym, I'm on a 4 day training week, 3 weeks heavy one week light. I'm currently bulking since its winter so weight doesn't bother me too much as long as there's no belly. I eat 5 meals a day at about 30 to 40 grams of protein a meal. The only supp I'm currently taking is Shilajit Extract which if you ask me is really nice, not a miracle supp but I do notice some benefits. I'm a pretty clean eater, I Kind of have to be because when I became over weight again I got acid reflux really bad, But if I eat right I can control it pretty easily. As I stated before I'm A chef, and I love to cook, So I will be writing out some Of the recipes from my diet log , I will keep them pretty basic so if you have any questions just ask.

So enough ramblings here are my current stats.

Height 6'1"

Weight 250 LB

Bench press 170 x 8

Squat 265 x 8

Dead lift 295 x 5

Routine

Mon: Run
Tues: Chest 4 ex Bi's 3 ex Forearm's 1 ex
Wed: Back 4 ex Tri's 3 ex Traps 1 ex
Thurs: Run
Fri: Shoulder's 4 ex Abs's 2 ex
Sat: Run
Sun: Quads 3 ex Hams 2 ex calf 1 ex

I'm going to post my logs most likely the day after my routine just because my mornings are a lot less hectic. I just wont to clarify my reasoning for doing this log, the purpose of this log is first and foremost to keep me on track with my training. Secondly to inform people on training and lastly to teach people how to cook meals that are both healthy and good.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
So here's yesterdays routine and diet, right now I'm only going to post protein amounts. I'm not all that worried about caloric intake.

Shoulders sets x reps x lbs

Seated BB press 3 x 12,10,8 x 125,130,135

Side lat raises 3 x 18,10,8 x 35,40,45

Ez-bar upright rows 3 x 12,10,8 x 125,130,135

Rear machine flies 3 x 20,10,8 x 90,105,110

Crunches 3 x 12,15,20

v-ups 3 x 20,20,18

Diet

M1 45G
4 eggs
2 oz ham
2 oz cheese
2 slices bread
2 cups milk

M2 40G
Pork & cabbage soup
2 cups milk

M3 30G
6 oz Chicken
Roasted Brussel sprouts & beets

M4 24G
4 eggs
1 pear

M5 38G
2 cups raisin bran
3 cups milk

Total 177G

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Pork & cabbage soup
1 Pork shoulder
1 sweet onion
1 carrot
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt

1. preheat oven to 300F
2. slice up the carrot and onion real thin and place in the bottom of a casserole dish.
3. cut the fat cap off the pork shoulder, rub the shoulder in canola oil. then the spices
4. cook about 3 hours turning it a quarter turn ever half hour.
5. when the shoulder is done let cool then chop into half inch cubes, if there's a bone in the shoulder save it and put it in the stew.
6. pitch the carrot onion mix or mix with roasted potatoes and eat, there good.

soup portion
3 sweet onions, slice fine
3-4 carrots, cut into match sticks
1 large rutabaga, chopped into 1/4 in cubes
4-5 large garlic cloves, Minced
1 tbsp butter
cut up pork
2 qt water
2 qt good chicken stock (or use all chicken stock)
1 medium head cabbage chopped as fine as you can get it.

1. take first 5 ingredients put into a 2 gallon stock pot, cook until onions are translucent.
2. throw in the pork, and the water and stock. Bring to a boil then drop to a simmer. let simmer until rutabaga is tender.
3. season to taste with salt
4. to serve put some cabbage in the bottom of a bowl and pour soup over top.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
So these last few days have kind of sucked, I went to the gym Saturday because I missed my Tuesday routine. So my week was all messed up, I did back & tri's saturday and when I got to deads I noticed a slight pinch in my upper right glute where it attaches. Didn't really think to much of it until Sunday when I was doing sled squats and went down for the first rep and BAM felt like someone kicked me right in the ***. So I got up immediately and assessed the situation, nothing hurt anymore until I bent over and that same spot on my glute was burning. so I packed up and went home and took it easy the last two days. The only thing I can think that caused it was, on Thursday I was running and the treadmill I was on kept stuttering every 30 sec or so and on my right side. So i think it strained the muscle.

On another Note yesterday I went to a supp store and bought something for the first time in like 2-3 years! I have been doing some reading on my acid reflux, and discovered some natural products I can take to help out with it. So I bought an enzyme product, an HCL with Pepsin supp, and some aloe. To test it out & and because I didn't have any time to make anything I went to subway and bought a full foot long crammed the thing down with my new supps and waited to see what happened. Normally I would have gotten heartburn within 2 hours but I was perfectly fine, so I'm pretty happy with the buy.

Here are the routines I did manage to complete the last couple days.

saturday

Back & tri's

Wide grip pulldowns 3 x 12,10,8 x 140,145,150
close grip hammer rows 3 x 14,13,12 x 100,105,110
deads 3 x 8,10,10 x 275,275,275
Dumbell rows 3 x 13,11,8 x 50,55,60
close grip shrugs 3 x 16,12,12 x 205,225,225
Dips assisted 3 x 14,10,8,6 x 65,60,55,50
seated french press 3 x 15,11,8 x 60,70,75
Cable pressdowns 3 x 18,10,8 x 120,130,135

Meal 1
4 eggs, 2 slices bread, 2 cups milk

meal 2
pork & cabbage soup, 2 cups milk

meal 3
1 cup cottage cheese, 1oz oats, 1 oz raisins, 2oz rasberries, 1 tbsp honey

meal 4
4 eggs, 2 slices bread

meal 5
3.5 oz chick

total 180G

sundays routine
Legs

squats 3 x 12,10,8 x 255,265,275
leg ex 3 x 11,11,9 x 150,150,155
lying leg curls 3 x 13,10,8 x 135,140,145
sled squats ----
goodmornings ----
seated calf raises -----

cheat day cause I felt like crap, ate pretty good though, worst was a burger with a peice of fried chicken on it.