3492 calories
carbs 337
fat 83
protein 346

P

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
protein is wayyyyyyyyy too high. id increase fats or carbs. also, 13-15% and your weight and height seem a little too high to start a bulk. id rather cut down to 8-10% (maybe even less) and start a bulk from there.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
yea I sapose protein is up a bit to high. you think 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight is too much? I think I'm around 13-15% I have had people tell me I'm 12% at the most. ill put up a pic

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein should be no higher than 1.5 grams/lb. You can make up the rest of those cals in the form of carbs or fats. Even though you are cycle, I would put those extra cals towards fats.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
Protein should be no higher than 1.5 grams/lb. You can make up the rest of those cals in the form of carbs or fats. Even though you are cycle, I would put those extra cals towards fats.
This

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
sounds good my dudes. I will drop the protein down to 1.5 per and replace cals with fat.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
sounds good my dudes. I will drop the protein down to 1.5 per and replace cals with fat.
I think if you do that it looks about right. However you may have to tinker a bit with your macros I do really well at. 50/30/20 but with my faster metabolism the extra carbs don't kill me with fat gain.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
yea I might have to later on. Want to keep fat gain as minimal as possible. as you can see by my picks I'm not very lean to begin with. need more size before I lean out. size is the prize!

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
On workout days 3500 should be good. You can cut down on off days to give your body a break. I currently run around 3500 in my bulk. However for me that's a lot and I need a break with only about 2500 or so. But yeah start there and if you don't see a steady gain bump it up

P

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Caloric requirements are very subjective. You can't rely on us to tell you how much to eat. It's based off your tdee. Also, I would recommend not following a macro ratio/ percent and follow 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight, .6-.8 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight, then fill the rest with carbs or if you're having trouble eating then you can also fill calories with more fat, but that's a general guideline most will follow, not macro ratios.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think if you do that it looks about right. However you may have to tinker a bit with your macros I do really well at. 50/30/20 but with my faster metabolism the extra carbs don't kill me with fat gain.
Extra carbs will not make one gain more fat than extra fat. It all comes down to the calories. Some people will retain more water with a high carb intake which can lead to an undesirable look, and a higher scale weight, but does not account for more fat.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
Extra carbs will not make one gain more fat than extra fat. It all comes down to the calories. Some people will retain more water with a high carb intake which can lead to an undesirable look, and a higher scale weight, but does not account for more fat.
makes perfect sense. I am on of those people who retains water weight with high carbs but I feel great on a high carb diet and like eating more. with high fat diets it feels like I'm eating less.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
love that super full feeling after a high carb meal!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
makes perfect sense. I am on of those people who retains water weight with high carbs but I feel great on a high carb diet and like eating more. with high fat diets it feels like I'm eating less.
When you retain more water, you're probably able to perform a little better. In regards to the bold part, think about it this way. 1 gram of carbs is 4 calories and 1 grams of fat is 9 calories. So for every 1 gram of fat, you get 2 grams of carbs, so yes, you can eat more. Fats are more caloric dense.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
When you retain more water, you're probably able to perform a little better. In regards to the bold part, think about it this way. 1 gram of carbs is 4 calories and 1 grams of fat is 9 calories. So for every 1 gram of fat, you get 2 grams of carbs, so yes, you can eat more. Fats are more caloric dense.
true. I was thinking when I decide to lean out to up my fats and drop my carbs

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree with everyone in here about protein. I eat at 2gr per lb of body weight and it works for me! Everyone is different and you have to find you. I've tried lower protein and it doesn't suite me. Now, weather bulking or in prep I'm never south of 400gr per day.

I've also found I need to keep fat to a minimum and if I do consume them, only coconut oil or MCT seem to suite me for it getting soft. Peak off season I was just south of 800gr carbs and only about 90gr fat. Now at 7 weeks out I'm at like 260gr carbs and 15gr fat.

Point is, everyone can give you a suggestion but there's not definite. However, I do think more people would do better with higher protein but they're afraid to actually do it.