Big ball in glutes after injection.....???

DjFlipnautikz

Awards
Well i have been pinning EOD and have stayed in the glutes. I had tried using the slin pin method in the delts and the pain was excruciating.

However last night i went to pin me left glute and there was a small ball/lump, so i injected beside it as to no do it right on top of the ball/lump. well about 1/2 way through the shot it began TO HURT EXTREMELY BAD:eek:mfg:!! i almost pulled out but just finished the last 15 secs left which felt like an hour.

Well now the ball/lump is even bigger then yesterday, and hurts really bad. Is it just scar tissue or is it something i should be worried about?

I will be injecting in my Thighs tomorrow because my glutes can not take any more pain...

Can i pin my thigh with a 22ga 1.5" needle? and just not stick it in all the way??

or just get a 25ga 1"? THANKS!:feedback:

TeamAmerica

TeamAmerica

Awards
When you inject are you aspirating (pulling back) the plunger to make sure your in the muscle, ie. no blood draws into the syringe? If you are pinning oil based products that can sit for a short time in muscle causing pressure. massaging the spot should help break it up slowly. if it doesnt subside you need to seek medical attention before you cause any damage. and remeber your sciatic nerve runs through there so know where your sticking.

DjFlipnautikz

Awards
When you inject are you aspirating (pulling back) the plunger to make sure your in the muscle, ie. no blood draws into the syringe? If you are pinning oil based products that can sit for a short time in muscle causing pressure. massaging the spot should help break it up slowly. if it doesnt subside you need to seek medical attention before you cause any damage. and remeber your sciatic nerve runs through there so know where your sticking.
No I dont aspirate my glutes, i have done many injections and never had a problem. I was at the understanding that aspirating was old school.

While my friend was pinning me, there was a point that it hurt so much i told him to pull out the needle, however he told me that not much was left and i just took the pain.

I did not get a caughing fit, i did not taste it so i don't think i got it in a vein.

i think the problem is that i have ONLY been pinning in my glutes. and i guess i have developed alot of scar tissue and that hurt.

I have been ok, and even LIKED (in a sick way) getting pinned. HOWEVER, after yesterday me no like no more.

i will be moving to thighs for now, so let's see how that goes

TeamAmerica

TeamAmerica

Awards
aspiration is your best visual marker in any kind of injection, it lets you know exactly what u are in. but to each his own. u could have scar tissue, or you could have created a hematoma which is from going through a vessel wall and its just blood pooling. give it a few days and see if it reduces. if you notice it getting bigger, red, warm or tingling then get help, that means infection.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoa man.. Aspirating old school??? No, you always need to aspirate, even the glutes!

I don't know why the ball/lump. Probably injecting to fast. Make sure your pinning in the right areas as well in the glutes/quads.

For quads use your 25g 1". I prefer 23g 1" but the 25 will work and force you to inject slower. Make sure you aspirate everytime! Also make sure the muscle is relaxed too.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
heating pad and gentle massage bro

DjFlipnautikz

Awards
Thanks guys, will do. Today it is kind of swollen, and still a LIGHT red...i hope it doesn't get worse

Lunatic1988

Awards
No one thinks it may be an abcess(sp)? swollen red lump..

DjFlipnautikz

Awards
And that means str8 to the hospital right?

But i thought it had to be soft and mushy at the site?

Lunatic1988

Awards
And that means str8 to the hospital right?

But i thought it had to be soft and mushy at the site?
I'd just give it a day or two or three and see what has become of it. I don't know much about abscess' so I'm not sure if this is even good advice. Do some research to be safe.

DjFlipnautikz

Awards
I'd just give it a day or two or three and see what has become of it. I don't know much about abscess' so I'm not sure if this is even good advice. Do some research to be safe.
Alright man, Thanks alot!

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
I think that sounds like an abscess
If it was, it would be bright red, hot to the touch, and you would not even be able to touch it. If you have none of the above, wait it out. You are alter sides on your injections right! If not, you should.