Better Striker: Boxer -or- MMA

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered this, lets say the same body type person, like same weight, same elusiveness, same reach, pretty much all the same features, but one trained MMA for (lets say years, like to professional) and one trained Boxing for the same amount of time, and they got in the ring and all that was allowed was strikes, no kicks no grappling (other than the minor boxing grapple), who would win in a straight boxing/striking fight?

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
99 times out of 100 the boxer. They dedicate all of their combat training to striking without training footwork/stance to prevent/defend takedowns and clinches...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look up fight science and watch their episodes from discovery channel I think. They broke all this down. In this case the boxer.

Colby

Colby

Awards
Def boxer that's their world n wat they do, the mma guy doesn't focus on just standup hand strikes like a boxer

JesstheIbex

JesstheIbex

Awards
99 times out of 100 the boxer. They dedicate all of their combat training to striking without training footwork/stance to prevent/defend takedowns and clinches...
I agree. There are many MMA fighters who are more focused on jiujitsu and don't have a Good stand-up game.

Even tho I have a stronger background in Muay Thai when I have sparred with a boxer to work on my striking they def gave me a run for my money.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Are you really asking this? Boxer of course. They train their HANDS to Knockout their opponent. No feet no legs nothing but hands. Speed tests etc. 100% the boxer

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
What are the thoughts that Anderson Silva has reached out to go in some Boxing matches as well? Stand a chance?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are the thoughts that Anderson Silva has reached out to go in some Boxing matches as well? Stand a chance?
Too old now. He had all the tools to go that route if he would have chosen it about 20 years ago.

Trickybiz

Trickybiz

Awards
Lets be honest you want an MMA fighter to go into a boxing match. It just wont happen. We've seen the result of a boxer going into MMA and it just doesn't work. So in your scenario 99.9% of the time the boxer would win.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe we'll soon get an answer when Badr Hari goes boxing...he's a great k1 thaiboxing fighter...lets see if he's that good in boxing

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
We've seen the result of a boxer going into MMA and it just doesn't work. So in your scenario 99.9% of the time the boxer would win.
Who are you referring to?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Two totally different methods of throwing punches, for two very different styles of fighting, not a fair comparison.

imminent

imminent

Awards
If you are talking strickly hands the boxer will win every time there is no question.