Beta alanine

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, call it placebo or what have you, but something that I have noticed is that every time that I have re-introduced beta alanine into my staples I notice an acute effect, as in 2-3 days of consistent dosing. I am not just talking lactic acid buffering properties either. I have tried both bulk beta alanine and Purus condense and every time that I have consistently used either one for 2-3 days, my reps go up in nearly every range. I am talking ATP type reps and metabolic type reps. my 3-5 rep working sets will go to anywhere from 4-7 reps unexpectedly. My triples will go up around 5lbs or so as well as my high rep leg press (60 reps to exhaustion will go to 80, etc). Also unexpected is the short time it takes for me to see an effect in performance. From all that I can tell, BA is supposed to saturate before noticing an appreciable boost. Some may say that it is the TMG in Condense, but I will say no. TMG is cheap and I buy it regularly. It is always a common staple for around a month before BA is added in. I seriously thought it was a placebo effect the first time that I noticed this with bulk BA, but every single time that I reintroduce it I get better increases in performance than I do with creatine.

Has anybody else had any experiences like this?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sounds like placebo, IMO

unless you were previously deficient in (or regularly pushed yourself to a depleted state of) Carnosine then I don't see the BA being solely causative of the performance increase that fast and large

How intense is your lift volume?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think BA is doing all of what your talking about. I do think it is helping both physically and mentally.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like placebo, IMO

unless you were previously deficient in (or regularly pushed yourself to a depleted state of) Carnosine then I don't see the BA being solely causative of the performance increase that fast and large

How intense is your lift volume?
quite a bit. especially on legs. usually around 30 sets for quads not counting the 100 rep leg press at the beginning of the workout. Could be placebo, but I had considered that several times. I truly wouldn't have wasted everyone's time by posting something that I thought was placebo. I have been wrong before.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
See now study is not done in extreme settings, or in elite athletes.

It may well be you see more benefit than others; these numbers just seemed too high to be just BA from what all of us have experienced

Regardless keep using it if it helps, enjoy the performance boost whatever the cause

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even if it is a placebo, it's helping you apparently. No shame in that.