Beta Alanine vs Cordyceps

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you could only pick one which would you choose? Which one has more noticeable results?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cordyceps extract without question for me. More pronounced endurance from cordyceps. My go to is ND cordyceps 10:1 extract.
Cordyceps for me too. Wayyyyy more endurance

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
peak02 all day .. not a fan of BA as it doesnt sit well with me

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I supplemented with BA for a long time. I stopped taking it months ago and haven't noticed any changes. I expected my higher rep sets to end a little sooner but nope. I'm finished with BA. I haven't tried cordyceps yet but you guys are convincing me.

How are you using the ND 10:1? Do you take it every day or only training days? One 250mg pill or two?

Last edited:
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I supplemented with BA for a long time. I stopped taking it months ago and haven't noticed any changes. I expected my higher rep sets to end a little sooner but nope. I'm finished with BA. I haven't tried cordyceps yet but you guys are convincing me.

How are you using the ND 10:1? Do you take it every day or only training days? One 250mg pill or two?
I take it at 350-500mg on workout days, but I workout 5-6 days a week so almost taking it every day. When I have the capsules I take two before workout. If I am using the powder I usually do 350mg. I recommend buying the capsules as the powder will become tar like over time.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd probably go Cordyceps or something like PeakO2. The benefits on performance seem to be a bit more impressive in the areas "lifters" care about and there are more potential health benefits from mushrooms IMHO.

It is important to keep in mind with BA the washout period takes a long time, similar to how it takes awhile to build up benefits. I'd wager it is quite common that with an adequate diet and training plan you won't be able to pinpoint an acute drop off in performance due to this gradual loss of benefit.

Beta Alanine is cheap so I don't think it is a waste, but also think it is more dependent on training style.

Regardless I'd wager you'll enjoy a good quality Cordyceps product even if Beta Alanine isn't for you, the suggestions above are solid.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How is there a thread about cordyceps without mentioning millennium sport products? They are the best on the planet.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd probably go Cordyceps or something like PeakO2. The benefits on performance seem to be a bit more impressive in the areas "lifters" care about and there are more potential health benefits from mushrooms IMHO.

It is important to keep in mind with BA the washout period takes a long time, similar to how it takes awhile to build up benefits. I'd wager it is quite common that with an adequate diet and training plan you won't be able to pinpoint an acute drop off in performance due to this gradual loss of benefit.

Beta Alanine is cheap so I don't think it is a waste, but also think it is more dependent on training style.

Regardless I'd wager you'll enjoy a good quality Cordyceps product even if Beta Alanine isn't for you, the suggestions above are solid.
I prefer PEAK02 myself. It has the clinical research backing it and it works better for me personally.

Beta Alanine is great and also has great data but is something that needs to be used daily and for extended periods, like you said. For people that can take it (I hate the tingles), its a great ingredient and we offer it in a bulk 501 capsule size.

We will probably do a Cordyceps product later in the year for people that do prefer that, but the results of Cordyceps didn't come anywhere near PEAK02 for me personally. Something cool about the PEAK02 studies too is that instead of coming out of some university that no one's ever heard of, they were done at UNC Chapel Hill so thats as legit of a place as it gets.