Beta 2 receptor antagonists

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is anything that acts as a beta antogonist goat for cutting? I see one that isn’t used much anymore was in OG Alphamine, and 2 still exist in PR XT.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is anything that acts as a beta antogonist goat for cutting? I see one that isn’t used much anymore was in OG Alphamine, and 2 still exist in PR XT.
Beta-2 antagonists will significantly hamper your ability to lose body fat.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta-2 antagonists will significantly hamper your ability to lose body fat.
Beta receptors are found on cells of the heart muscles, smooth muscles, airways, arteries, kidneys, and other tissues that are part of the sympathetic nervous system and lead to stress responses, especially when they are stimulated by epinephrine (adrenaline). Beta blockers interfere with the binding to the receptor of epinephrine and other stress hormones, and weaken the effects of stress hormones.

Ok you got me, what place in the fitness supplement industry do these have?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Beta receptors are found on cells of the heart muscles, smooth muscles, airways, arteries, kidneys, and other tissues that are part of the sympathetic nervous system and lead to stress responses, especially when they are stimulated by epinephrine (adrenaline). Beta blockers interfere with the binding to the receptor of epinephrine and other stress hormones, and weaken the effects of stress hormones.

Ok you got me, what place in the fitness supplement industry do these have?
You want beta-2 agonists, they fit very well into the goals of bodybuilders.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Alright I see, I’ve been mixing the 2.
Yes, beta-2 receptor agonists are the ones you want. Alpha-2 antagonists will also be helpful for fat loss too. Yohimbine is a great example of a selective alpha-2 antagonist that works well for bodybuilders - it can prevent fat cells from binding to the receptor so they can be circulated in the blood and (ideally) used for fuel.

My recommendation for a supplement that contains both beta-2 agonists and alpha-2 antagonists would be FitMax. FitMax contains Bitter Orange, which is a functional beta-2 agonists that can help encourage fat loss by freeing the fat cells to be burned. It also contains yohimbine, along with a ton of other studied ingredients that can help with lipolysis, appetite suppression, and overall mood/focus.