Bestfriend/Exgirlfriend committed suicide last night

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, its been about 15months. life is good again, just read this sh_t over.

thanks for being there..

Jesus, ~16months somehow feels like 7years. That's a good thing i guess

I don't even remember this period of time.. I got bit by a brown recluse spider a week after and was in the hospital. All I know is I'm happier now.. just in general

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I had a much better av when I made my first post in this thread. You remember it CED. ;)

Even though you are a bandwagon USC fan - I'm there for ya. Holla if you ever need anything man.
We is fam here on AM.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Very sorry for your loss,

If your unable to cope and need a boost to keep yourself going, I'd suggest some natural mood boosters. If what I'm reading is correct you have Great Highs/Bad Lows you may suffer from Bipolar disorder aka Manic Depression. I used to suffer from it Chronicle, even worse I live in Washington and get the winter blues due to my genetics. But due to a healthy life style, exercise, proper nutrition, supplements and two other things listed below that aren't supplements. This is no longer a problem.

What has helped me the most, Sun tanning. Working out, eating healthy, (Healthy supplements(whole foods) of course fish oil, sAME, 5 HTP, Rhodiola Rosea, Ashwagandha,St. John's Wort. Whats really worked best for me is Provigil and Ganga, between all of these steps I'm always feeling very very good and no longer get the lows i used too.

I cycle threw most I've listed above and stay away from narcotics and drinking as these seem to make things even worse the next day. Of course none of the above with take the place of a good ear and support group but can help greatly in your search for relief.

If anyone else would like to list some natural anti depressants please do.

Hope this helps,
Dr liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Also would like to add

Choline,L-Tyrosine, B-vitamin complex(Epically B-12 sublingal) and high protien diet.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
You have helped me tremendously these last 6 months or so with my training and various other things, so if you ever need anything, whatever it may be, I got your back man.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Iv never had a brother die, but senior year a buddy of mine blew his brains out. I look at it differently than most do. I still have the letter of him killing himself, but to me its life, alot of **** happens that you cant control. And I found out alot of times, stressing over things no matter how big and how small just isnt worth it in the long run. Alot of people call me an ******* I guess because I think this way, but in reality it is better for me. Lifes really to short, atleast for me, to worry about things that bother me. We all die one way or another and if there is this place in the sky we will all be there once again in a blink of an eye.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, this thread is over a year old.. I bumped it mainly to thank everyone and re-read (not re-live) what I was thinking at the time. Life is good now, time won't erase.. but it heals.

things have changed for me since. psychologically, physically, whatever.. I'm stronger.

about a week after the funeral, I decided to leave my apartment because I had ran out of food. I was eating maybe once every 20hours anyway. On the way back from the store a brown recluse spider bit me.. 24hours later, I was in the hospital with a fresh freezing IV hooked into my arm. I was exhausted laying facedown and heartbroken with poison running through my veins. I safely passed out and went to sleep. Later, I awoke and found the IV had run out and it had been left in my arm for some time, probably close to an hour. I removed it and blood shot everywhere. I was irritated from the lack of attention I had recieved. Off in the distance, I heard a woman screaming and pleading with doctors to revive her husband whos heart had stopped beating. It was a scream of death. As I sat there freezing, sad and frustrated I came to see that I didn't have problem in the world

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Rough yeah huh bro? Sorry to hear about your troubles man, but glad to hear you are coming out of it. Best of luck for the future, coming out of experiences like this with your chin up only makes you stronger.

BV

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
it seems that odd numbered years are amazing and even numbered years are bad news. ill ride the wave in 07

thanks BV

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, this thread is over a year old.. I bumped it mainly to thank everyone and re-read (not re-live) what I was thinking at the time. Life is good now, time won't erase.. but it heals.

things have changed for me since. psychologically, physically, whatever.. I'm stronger.

about a week after the funeral, I decided to leave my apartment because I had ran out of food. I was eating maybe once every 20hours anyway. On the way back from the store a brown recluse spider bit me.. 24hours later, I was in the hospital with a fresh freezing IV hooked into my arm. I was exhausted laying facedown and heartbroken with poison running through my veins. I safely passed out and went to sleep. Later, I awoke and found the IV had run out and it had been left in my arm for some time, probably close to an hour. I removed it and blood shot everywhere. I was irritated from the lack of attention I had recieved. Off in the distance, I heard a woman screaming and pleading with doctors to revive her husband whos heart had stopped beating. It was a scream of death. As I sat there freezing, sad and frustrated I came to see that I didn't have problem in the world
I have always found it amazing to see what puts my life in perspective. I think a weaker person would have caved in or sought even more help than I have required. I guess it could be called something like true grit. It mostly reminds I am here for a reason, with the number of opportunities to have checked out early i have been presented with.

I am glad to be here.

(Stolen from a movie...)

We are all on the way out, act accordingly.

PS-- Hows the knee and the football dreams?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thanks for asking motiv8er, 16-18weeks ahead of schedule.. in fact I [may] do a piece for Discovery Health Magazine on how I cut a 16-18month injury down to about 10... knock on wood. I am still seeing the legal side of the issue because it is very gray-market.

God forbid we self-medicate without Goverment approval!

as for football, the focus is on law school (and actually getting in good shape) and back on the ice at the national level.. hockey is my sport, i need to remember that sometimes