Best value, source of omega 3s?

• Thread starter Br1ck_Sh1thouse
  • Start date

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Alright I'm looking for the best value source of omega 3s? Who's got the best answer? I'm assuming it's fish oil of some sorts, if so what brand, from where? If not let's hear it!

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Sardines, but if you looking for supplements Carlson Lab's Very Finest liquid or for pills Controlled Labs Oximega

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Walmart - Starkist Alaskan Pink Salmon. 1200mg per serving, 12g Protein, 6 servings per can (I double - so I get 3 meals per can), about $2.50 where I live. Canned fish is arguably even 'fresher' than the stuff you get at a seafood market/store - the Cannery's are right at the dock - they get pulled from the ocean, back to the dock, canned - boom!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kirkland omega's
Best bang for the buck

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for canned salmon and sardines. Arguably good benefits to getting it from a whole source in bolus.

enraged_chris

Awards
ultra omega 3 now foods
My friends and I actually rancid tasting caps from bottles of this marked not to expire for a long time. I'd go with nordic naturals, read about the company they take fish oil crazy seriously. They have their own refinery above the arctic circle that actually runs on leftover byproduct fish oil from when they make concentrations. The lemon concentrated liquid is awesome.

Run579

Run579

Awards
Oximega are pretty good, I am currently using Viva Labs it was 20 for 45 days at 2g (I'm sure there is cheaper but I don't get fish burps).

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love sardines. I have Oxiomega from Controlled Labs. No fishy burps. :)

Krill Oil too. It's sustainable.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
For me, fish oil>salmon.

I was eating over 1kg fresh salmon per week for 6-8wks. Dropped it, switched back to a trustworthy fishoil manufacturer, and noticed a positive difference within 2 days.

I get benign PVCs, and am very sensitive to lipid changes. I still eat fresh oily fish now (added smaller weekly amount back in), but get the most benefit from the gels. Convincingly so.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
For me, fish oil>salmon.

I was eating over 1kg fresh salmon per week for 6-8wks. Dropped it, switched back to a trustworthy fishoil manufacturer, and noticed a positive difference within 2 days.

I get benign PVCs, and am very sensitive to lipid changes. I still eat fresh oily fish now (added smaller weekly amount back in), but get the most benefit from the gels. Convincingly so.
Very interesting. Noticeable how? Joint issues? Circulatory? Inflammation?

What's your go to 'trustworthy fishoil'?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Very interesting. Noticeable how? Joint issues? Circulatory? Inflammation?

What's your go to 'trustworthy fishoil'?
Noticeable in terms of greatly reduced PVCs, both number and "strength".

Im NZ man, and get a local brand that Ive come to prefer through trial and error.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nordic naturals or oximeg

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oximega is a great choice

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another vote for oximega.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Sardines, but if you looking for supplements Carlson Lab's Very Finest liquid or for pills Controlled Labs Oximega
Hell yeah... I eat a can of those king Oscar sardines in jalapeño almost daily.. my wife makes me open them in the garage but I love the little fckers.

CT21

Awards
Now Ultra Omega3
Now ultra Omega 3-D
Controlled labs OxiOmega
Omega Jym

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about krill oil? Worth the extra expense?

Fish oil is probably the probably my most neglected staple, but it's def on the list. Been ther for a while though. Need to make room in the budget.