Best training for female

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What would be best?
I've been helping my niece get into better shape but I don't really know what would be best.
I've been having her do 3 sets 8-10 reps.
I personally believe that higher weight with lower reps would be better but I'm afraid she might injure herself if I raised the weight. And I do believe really high reps for females is crap advice.
She's mainly been doing running and yoga and now been to the gym 1-2 a week with me.
She mainly wants to loose a bit of weight and tone but is afraid of big muscles. Go figure the females :) I do believe a bit of muscles look nice on girls and it's hard to get so big it's ugly but that's her fear. She's 27.
Any advice?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Women should work out the same way as men if the goal is the same. Women will not grow like crazy cause they work out so I wouldn't worry. She'll get more defined but she's not gonna walk around with huge arms if she doesn't eat a ton or take steroids, even then it'll take a long time.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start her off with a upper/lower split. Lower quad (squats, etc), upper verical plane, lower hams (deadlifts), upper horizontal. Can be split mon, tuesday, thrs, friday or train, rest, train, rest, etc.
Imm sure you can find some exercises or a split by searching google or in these forums.
And have her invest in a good multivitamin. My wife responded well with PES multi (for her) and a upper/lower split

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start her off with a upper/lower split. Lower quad (squats, etc), upper verical plane, lower hams (deadlifts), upper horizontal. Can be split mon, tuesday, thrs, friday or train, rest, train, rest, etc.
Imm sure you can find some exercises or a split by searching google or in these forums.
And have her invest in a good multivitamin. My wife responded well with PES multi (for her) and a upper/lower split
That's actually close to what I was thinking

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife trains with me and does exactly what I do to an extent.

Right now we are doing a push/pull routine. (See link to follow it exactly). When that is finished, I like to add a bit more volume while she goes to do cardio (stairs, boxing, jump rope, elliptical, swimming...etc) for 20 min or so. When I finish my last few sets I join her.

The difference is our diet. Depending on each of our goals, our diets are usually different. It may include the same foods but I’m just eating more of it to maintain or gain mass while she is almost in a recomp (lose fat while gaining some muscle) usually.

I DO NOT recommend a beginner doing a recomp. It can be frustrating because the results are slower. It takes real dedication. For your case, I suggest either lean bulking or going on a full blown cut then go from there. If she wants to lose fat for now, get her diet in check, hit the weights 3x a week and hit that cardio. The most important thing here is diet and I can’t stress that enough. The better the diet the faster the results will come.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

For cardio, look into HIIT. Great for fat loss.

Get her started on a diet and training routine that suites her goals. Have her be consistent for a while before even thinking about supplements. Report back in a few weeks and we can change things if needed.

Good luck!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Idk but the yoga is good. It will build flexibility, strength, relieve stress(bonus)

I'm thinking you got it right? Even the huge roid chicks at my gym don't lift that much. There just built different