Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

My current protocol is

every Monday morning /Thursday afternoon:

60mg test E
.5mg ADEX
500iu HCG

My question is. When I’m getting labs done what is the best time to test? Some people say 72 hours following your second dose. Some people say before.

Am I trying to test the peak or the dip?

Please advise. Much appreciated

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Really depends on what you want to know. Your AI seems high to me, a lot of times guys won’t need one at all so I’d keep an eye on that and try to reduce it if you can, estrogen is good and you want the highest e2 you can handle without side effects theoretically.

if you’ve been on for several weeks, the shot of the week is irrelevant. You can test right before your next scheduled shot to get your low end, or 24 hours after either shot to get your average peak. Ideally you would do both at some point, mid week as well etc. try to correlate how you feel with the time of week you have taken shots, things like that.

I’m on 200mg/week no AI. It puts me at peak levels of around 1200. I don’t feel any different whether it’s the day of my shot or if I miss a shot by a day.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With test e having a 7 day half life there shouldn't be much of a dip. I pin my test e every other day

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Really depends on what you want to know. Your AI seems high to me, a lot of times guys won’t need one at all so I’d keep an eye on that and try to reduce it if you can, estrogen is good and you want the highest e2 you can handle without side effects theoretically.

if you’ve been on for several weeks, the shot of the week is irrelevant. You can test right before your next scheduled shot to get your low end, or 24 hours after either shot to get your average peak. Ideally you would do both at some point, mid week as well etc. try to correlate how you feel with the time of week you have taken shots, things like that.

I’m on 200mg/week no AI. It puts me at peak levels of around 1200. I don’t feel any different whether it’s the day of my shot or if I miss a shot by a day.
I’m a sensitive converter to estrogen. On this exact protocol my e2 came back at 240 just a couple weeks ago. However little to no side effects. Sometimes I have trouble getting a hard on

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m a sensitive converter to estrogen. On this exact protocol my e2 came back at 240 just a couple weeks ago. However little to no side effects. Sometimes I have trouble getting a hard on
dang! Well atleast you checked and aren’t doing it arbitrarily. I don’t recall the “ideal” ratio of test to estrogen levels, but if you feel good then you feel good.

JTS22

Awards
I’m on test cyp, 160mg divided into two doses through the week. Dr wanted 48 hrs after last injection to check, but e is a longer lasting ester so 🤷‍♂️

Puts me at 800 test and 53 estradiol. Dr added in .5mg anastrozle with each injection that should put me in the 40s. Was told *ideal* estradiol was 5% of total test but not a problem unless it’s a problem.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I’m on test cyp, 160mg divided into two doses through the week. Dr wanted 48 hrs after last injection to check, but e is a longer lasting ester so

Puts me at 800 test and 53 estradiol. Dr added in .5mg anastrozle with each injection that should put me in the 40s. Was told *ideal* estradiol was 5% of total test but not a problem unless it’s a problem.
Good values. 40 is a good place to be. I’m assuming those values are pg/ml?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys.

My current protocol is

every Monday morning /Thursday afternoon:

60mg test E
.5mg ADEX
500iu HCG

My question is. When I’m getting labs done what is the best time to test? Some people say 72 hours following your second dose. Some people say before.

Am I trying to test the peak or the dip?

Please advise. Much appreciated
To get your trough (you referred to it as dip) you should do your labs on Monday or Thursday before you pin. To get technical you’d want to do Monday morning or Thursday afternoon but either way have your labs drawn before you pin. Most dr’s look at the trough when tweaking your dosage.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
To get your trough (you referred to it as dip) you should do your labs on Monday or Thursday before you pin. To get technical you’d want to do Monday morning or Thursday afternoon but either way have your labs drawn before you pin. Most dr’s look at the trough when tweaking your dosage.
Thank you.

So I did my last lab after a heavy dip. I did it Thursday morning at 9:30am but the last dose before that was actually just 50mg on the previous Sunday morning.

My total T was 815.

That being my trough value, Does that mean my dose is too high assuming my peak would be much higher than that? As a result my e2 values were high?

I could probably ask my doctor but he’s a little new to TRT and we are kinda learning together. He’s a friend of mine and wants to learn. My protocol was initially established by my endo but then I was transferred care to my MD once he was happy with my values but I feel like they’re always changing

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you.

So I did my last lab after a heavy dip. I did it Thursday morning at 9:30am but the last dose before that was actually just 50mg on the previous Sunday morning.

My total T was 815.

That being my trough value, Does that mean my dose is too high assuming my peak would be much higher than that? As a result my e2 values were high?

I could probably ask my doctor but he’s a little new to TRT and we are kinda learning together. He’s a friend of mine and wants to learn. My protocol was initially established by my endo but then I was transferred care to my MD once he was happy with my values but I feel like they’re always changing
You could always drop your dosage a little bit to try and lower your E2 but there’s a fine line between dialing a protocol in and just chasing number. You need to also assess how you feel. Some people just aromatase more than others and have to be on an AI to keep E2 in check. You can try taking natural things such as DIM everyday and see if that will help bring your E2 down.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
You could always drop your dosage a little bit to try and lower your E2 but there’s a fine line between dialing a protocol in and just chasing number. You need to also assess how you feel. Some people just aromatase more than others and have to be on an AI to keep E2 in check. You can try taking natural things such as DIM everyday and see if that will help bring your E2 down.
I actually just added DIM

I’m gonna drop down to 100 from 120. I feel great right now as is but don’t know if there are any risks of running too high full time forever.

Gonna be as consistent as possible with my dosing. I think E2 may have also been out of whack because I started getting lazy and taking my test and adex at different times basically when I could remember to.

I’ll see if this DIM helps out.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I actually just added DIM

I’m gonna drop down to 100 from 120. I feel great right now as is but don’t know if there are any risks of running too high full time forever.

Gonna be as consistent as possible with my dosing. I think E2 may have also been out of whack because I started getting lazy and taking my test and adex at different times basically when I could remember to.

I’ll see if this DIM helps out.
In my trough I run close to 800 total T and I’ve been on prescribed TRT for 10 years. I have zero health issues and workout regularly.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
In my trough I run close to 800 total T and I’ve been on prescribed TRT for 10 years. I have zero health issues and workout regularly.
Good to know.

Thanks a ton for your responses. I’m coming up on year 8 now and I feel like I’m still always trying to figure it out

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to know.

Thanks a ton for your responses. I’m coming up on year 8 now and I feel like I’m still always trying to figure it out
You’re welcome bro.

And you will. I think I think you can always tweak it but again there’s a fine line with chasing numbers. If you feel good then there’s no sense in fixing something that isn’t broken.