Best supps/enzymes for protein-specific digestion

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again, HCL is for people with low stomach acid.

Be sure to read up on the risks associated with adding HCL to an already acidic or even "normal" environment ;)

Good luck.

I will be adding that to my regimen in a couple days because I have been reading up on the benefits of stomach acid on digestion. I will let you know how it works.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Be sure to read up on the risks associated with adding HCL to an already acidic or even "normal" environment ;)

Good luck.
So I'm following a keto diet, very high protein and fat.. I added enzymes.. Has betaine.. Been pretty nauseous past few days.. That what u mean?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I imagine nausea "could be" from the added acidity but if I were a betting man, I would guess it's not from the Betaine HCL.

Excess acid form using HCL while already having/producing adequate amounts of HCL, would present moreso as a burning or warm sensation in/around the gut.

http://www.modernherbalist.com/betaine.html

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do believe fiber is still fine on keto. True bloating (i.e. edema) is due to extracelullar water retention. If you're lacking GI motility, pop some EC stack :D
Or call roto router

Good luck.
Acid reducing Prevacid FTW!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or the healthy, side-effect free version: Alkaline baking soda ;)
cheaper too! However I got a hiatal hernia in my esophageal sphincter so I'm on it for life. :(

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ooooooo sorry to hear man :(

CRUSHAH

Awards
Dried papaya and pineapple have lots of enzymes to aid in digestion.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ooooooo sorry to hear man :(
No worries bro, just one pill in the morning and I don't even notice it. The doc said it was likely from too much sudden intense and heavy lifting. I had taken a few years off lifting due to marriage and kids and then when I finally had time to start again, I went all out.

Dried papaya and pineapple have lots of enzymes to aid in digestion.
These do help.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Hope its not too late to add, but I have similar diet to you Whacked. Don't do well with too much excess fat or carbs as both tend to bloat me. Most carbs come from high fiber foods. The rest is all lean protein and protein powders. I have been taking NOW Super Enzymes for the past 2 years and it has helped a lot. If I am having a heavy meal then I pop 1 before the meal and one after. If just a regular size meal then I take one either before or after.