Unanswered Best Protein Powder? Best MRP?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I have not bought supplements in years. But, I miss single dose whey protein powder and MRP's.

1. In your opinion, what is currently the best protein powder at a reasonable price?

I think BulkNutrition has a good one for whey protein powder.

2. What about MRP's? I have heard that in the US, prices are best on Amazon.com.

I used to drink Myoplex. But, there were plenty of less well-marketed but ones with 40-45 grams of protein, 20-30 grams of carbohydrate, and low fat.

3. Is there a site to buy these on? My guess is Amazon is the best. What do you think?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I literally look for a whey protein concentrate or isolate/concentrate mix, with lower carbs, and the cheapest price. For the most part, the protein raws come from the same place. Some places just have better flavor profiles. I don't really care about taste, as long as it is not gag worthy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)
Sparta Nutrition (Cinna Crunch and PB Cups)

Cost Effective:
Dymatize Whey (Choc PB, Choc Cake Batter, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Fudge)
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)

Isolate:
Xtend Pro (Chocolate and Vanilla are my favorites)
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
Nutrex Vegan
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Favorite proteins are PEScience Select and Olympus Labs Superior Protein.

As far as MRP it will depend on the macros you want, Core MRP and NutraBio Muscle Matrix MRP are solid and for a little bit higher carb ratio PEScience Smart Mass is top notch.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t see iforce mentioned enough in these type of threads. As the solution said, blueberry and red velvet are both incredible. They also have IMO the best strawberry on the market.

XF pretty much every flavor is incredible. They have by far the best cinnamon flavor I’ve had and I’m a huge fan of the butterscotch

PES frosted chocolate cupcake is my favorite chocolate on the market, allmax isoflex cpb is my favorite peanut butter flavor.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t see iforce mentioned enough in these type of threads. As the solution said, blueberry and red velvet are both incredible. They also have IMO the best strawberry on the market.

XF pretty much every flavor is incredible. They have by far the best cinnamon flavor I’ve had and I’m a huge fan of the butterscotch

PES frosted chocolate cupcake is my favorite chocolate on the market, allmax isoflex cpb is my favorite peanut butter flavor.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite two powders, taste wise, are Select and MAN Clean Protein. @TheSolution provided a good list of brands, so I would go off of that since he broke it down very well.

As far as an MRP, I would make your own. It would be a lot more cost effective and you can make it to fit your macros or dietary needs.

Just use a scoop or two of protein powder, a fat source such as a nut butter or whole nuts, coconut oil, or something else, dry oats, milk or milk substitute, fruits, etc. and blend. Then you are all set.

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
My favorite two powders, taste wise, are Select and MAN Clean Protein. @TheSolution provided a good list of brands, so I would go off of that since he broke it down very well.

As far as an MRP, I would make your own. It would be a lot more cost effective and you can make it to fit your macros or dietary needs.

Just use a scoop or two of protein powder, a fat source such as a nut butter or whole nuts, coconut oil, or something else, dry oats, milk or milk substitute, fruits, etc. and blend. Then you are all set.

I’ll second that suggestion for meal replacement shakes. Can be easier to make it with your specific dietary needs, and it’ll likely be cheaper. I personally think folks prefer pre-made meal replacement shakes because they’re easy, and faster to make. For some lifestyles, it may be necessary. That said, a few prepped shakes and you’ll be able to get them ready fairly fast.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can't beat @TheSolution's list but I typically always go with pes select.