Best/Preferred AI

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
So I'm, possibly, going back on TRT and last time my oestradiol (E2) skyrocketed in the first few weeks before getting low dose Anastrozole to fix it. This time I want to be prepared and have a smoother transition by having an AI on hand from day one. I've been looking at 6-OXO, but I'm interested in opinions and protocols from others about which to use.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Exemestane to avoid side effects and negative health impacts on lipids

Letrozole if you need to nuke estrogen

Protocols are specific to each person and following someone else's Protocol for estrogen management will likely cause you more harm then good. Start very low and use your bloodwork and how you feel to make adjustments

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In my opinion, if you're going to use an AI from day 1 then definitely exemestane. Letro is extremely effective but you don't want to stay on it. Like Smont said, that's just to nuke it. Sides on letro are the most noticeable for me although some have no issues. Adex is very effective too. It can knock it out pretty quick or be used to manage estrogen sides at a low dose.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies guys. Aromasin (exemestane) was going to be my pharma option, as it's suicidal so less chance of any rebound and is less harsh health profile wise.

As for protocol I'm thinking of a consistant low dose of either 6.25mg per day or 12.5mg every two days (Mon, Thurs, Sun, Wed, Sat etc)?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have my guys do 6.25mgs eod or even e3d and I've never seen it fail even on high dose cycles

Although half life is 24 hrs , not to be confused w the fact it's maximal suppression of E in studies was shown to occur 2-3 days later and the total effects lasted between 3-5d.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have my guys do 6.25mgs eod or even e3d and I've never seen it fail even on high dose cycles

Although half life is 24 hrs , not to be confused w the fact it's maximal suppression of E in studies was shown to occur 2-3 days later and the total effects lasted between 3-5d.
Another reason I really like it is I've always felt it was the most forgiving. I can play around with the dose a bit without any issues but if I'm using adex the difference from 1/2 tab to a full tab seems to change everything

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established

Is there any specific time of day or way to take it, i.e with/without food? I remember about five years ago it was recommended to take it with a high fat meal.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for all the replies guys. Aromasin (exemestane) was going to be my pharma option, as it's suicidal so less chance of any rebound and is less harsh health profile wise.

As for protocol I'm thinking of a consistant low dose of either 6.25mg per day or 12.5mg every two days (Mon, Thurs, Sun, Wed, Sat etc)?
6.25 per day I wouldn't consider a low dose

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is there any specific time of day or way to take it, i.e with/without food? I remember about five years ago it was recommended to take it with a high fat meal.
If I recall the insert it calls for 1 dose a day after a meal. I think I recall some people saying they preferred to take it at night as well.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
6.25 per day I wouldn't consider a low dose
As I'm looking at this as a preventative measure I'm guessing that a low dose protocol would be 6.25mg E2D or E3D?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As I'm looking at this as a preventative measure I'm guessing that a low dose protocol would be 6.25mg E2D or E3D?
I dont like the idea of preventing a problem that might not exist, but Ya, e3d and adjust as needed. Don't use more then you have to imo, so start there and if you need more adjust. I rarely do more then 12.5mg 2x week on a cycle, most cycles less or none

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I dont like the idea of preventing a problem that might not exist, but Ya, e3d and adjust as needed. Don't use more then you have to imo, so start there and if you need more adjust. I rarely do more then 12.5mg 2x week on a cycle, most cycles less or none
Sorry, I meant preventative as in I'll have it to hand from the first signs of estrogenic side effects way, not from a take it before anything starts way.
Thank you for the knowledge.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry, I meant preventative as in I'll have it to hand from the first signs of estrogenic side effects way, not from a take it before anything starts way.
Thank you for the knowledge.
There you go👍

Pulpfiction

Pulpfiction

Awards
I’ve only ever used anastrazole and it’s done the job for me with little to no sides